UK power metallers DragonForce have premiered their new song "Cry Thunder", taken from their upcoming album The Power Within, at this location. The new album will be released on April 17th via Roadrunner Records. More album details were previously reported here.

Source: dragonforce.com
Band profile: DragonForce

Posted: 02.04.2012 by Flower Metal

Comments

koob - 02.04.2012 at 14:02
Really ? same song, different album.
Dronewolf - 02.04.2012 at 14:50
I heard this 8 years ago.
CHEF METALHEAD - 02.04.2012 at 15:51
WorpeX - 02.04.2012 at 16:26
From the comments on this, I was expecting a blazing fast song with generic guitar solos and the vocalist singing at full speed. However, this song actually sounded rather unique for DragonForce. It was mid-tempo, the guitars actually blended well with the rest of the music and the new singer brings a little bit of a different sound to the table. Even had some synths thrown in. Can''t expect much more from DragonForce, I enjoyed the track! Its something fresh from a band which desperately needed it.
Troy Killjoy - 02.04.2012 at 16:41
I listened to 46 seconds. Pretty much the same thing as ever, just slower.
rocksoccer - 02.04.2012 at 16:42
Hopefully, they finally realize speed is not the only way to produce attractive music.
Stabby - 02.04.2012 at 18:20
I like it. Nice and catchy with a hook, powerful, distinctive, singer sounds good. Slow for Dragonforce is a smart move, you can't have an entire career in one tempo. It's going to be a hit with their fans because it's a bit of a change.

I was hoping for another song like The Last Journey Home on this album, the medium tempo but also innovation and a non-typical structure. Like Troy up there said, it's pretty typical of Dragonforce, just at a different tempo. And I suppose they create a new and unique-sounding song but some people would like to see more innovation from them than just doing it a bit slower. I'll have to listen to the album. Lost Forgotten World is already basically what they have always done.

I'm so ambivalent about this band it's ridiculous!

edit: haha, I knew Flower Metal would say that. It is pretty fucking glorious!
BlankFile - 02.04.2012 at 18:33
The same all over again, only this time is a bit slower. Too repetitive.
Olli - 02.04.2012 at 20:52
I quite liked it unlike most people here
Druss - 02.04.2012 at 21:04
An improvement for me, but its still embedded a bit too much in the ''same old euro-power metal'' camp for me. Still, may actually give the album a perusal when it comes out now after hearing this as opposed to just chuckling heartily when I realise its been released and avoiding it.
Angelic Storm - 02.04.2012 at 21:20
Not mindblowing, but better than I was expecting... I'll certainly give the album a listen.
The Shape 1973 - 02.04.2012 at 21:41
I'm sure I've heard this before. Can't quite work out where. The whole song is really familiar. It will come to me eventually.
Giok99 - 02.04.2012 at 22:07
Nice one. Didnt expect this kind of tempo. The new singer is a nice addition. One of my next buy
The Paz Workshop - 02.04.2012 at 22:16
It was a bit generic. I like the new singer though. Still, it wasn't amazingly fast so kudos for that, but this track sort of suggests that their song writing is at their best when they're going at it 10 to the dozen.
Zombieman - 03.04.2012 at 03:17
Huh. actually pretty decent. certainly more memorable than most DragonForce songs. i suppose i might give the album a try once it come out. maybe.

News DragonForce - New Song Streaming Online 9 18.02.2012 by Rulatore