On February 2012, Brian "Head" Welch, the former Korn guitarist, announced the formation of his new band named Love And Death. "Chemicals", a brand new song from the band, is now streaming online at this location. The song comes off their first EP with the same name, due out on April 24th.

Source: revolvermag.com
Band profile: Korn

Posted: 08.04.2012 by Sjuk

Comments

Dylan - 08.04.2012 at 13:33
Sounds like shit
Unhealer - 08.04.2012 at 15:31
Hmmm, forming a new band that sounds exactly like your solo project?
WorpeX - 08.04.2012 at 18:12
Cool, a new Korn band. At least we have one now, considering the real Korn is now a Dub Step band...
Troy Killjoy - 08.04.2012 at 18:37
Written by WorpeX on 08.04.2012 at 18:12
...the real Korn is now a Dub Step band...

No they aren't. They hopped on the dubstep bandwagon. Next year the hype from Skrillex will die out and trend-followers like Korn will look towards something else.

Maybe mainstream screamo will make a comeback with the MTV scene? Does anyone even remember Rise Against and Alexisonfire?
vezzy - 08.04.2012 at 18:44
Written by Troy Killjoy on 08.04.2012 at 18:37

Rise Against are considered screamo? How exactly?

I think they're still quite popular, actually.
Troy Killjoy - 08.04.2012 at 18:51
Written by vezzy on 08.04.2012 at 18:44
Rise Against are considered screamo? How exactly?

Screamo is basically hardcore emo. And if I'm not mistaken, Rise Against are basically the posterboys for modern-day watered down screamo.
vezzy - 08.04.2012 at 18:57
Written by Troy Killjoy on 08.04.2012 at 18:51

Hmm, I didn't exactly delve into the etymology, but yeah, that sounds about right. They're still popular though.

This new band is lulzy, however.
Rupert - 08.04.2012 at 20:02
Ya this basically sounds like Korn and Orgy, Orgy being heavily influenced by Korn in the first place. But whatever, that's how he makes his shit and at least he's out doing something now rather than sulking about people not being Jesus-loving.
Cynic Metalhead - 08.04.2012 at 21:04
Written by Troy Killjoy on 08.04.2012 at 18:37

Written by WorpeX on 08.04.2012 at 18:12
...the real Korn is now a Dub Step band...

... Rise Against

Oh definitely. I really like their new album though. Great poster mainstream waspish boys who are doing pretty good.. I think they gotta great future.
Cynic Metalhead - 08.04.2012 at 21:08
Written by WorpeX on 08.04.2012 at 18:12

Korn is now a Dub Step band...

Kinda but they make a pretty good following fan out of those stupid videos they upload on youtube. It's pretty common to see a dub fucking step goats shit remix crap over streaming on youtube with the title "KORN'S NEW SONG ONLINE 2012" kinda shit.
liveordie - 08.04.2012 at 21:26
To the ones that does not know anything at all, I will make this clear.
His solo project does not exist anymore, since it has become this new band. So it is the same band with the same members with a new name. That's it.
Unhealer - 08.04.2012 at 23:22
Written by liveordie on 08.04.2012 at 21:26

To the ones that does not know anything at all, I will make this clear.

Now this makes a lot of sense, that should have been explained in the piece of news.
Thanks.
liveordie - 09.04.2012 at 00:49
Written by Unhealer on 08.04.2012 at 23:22

Written by liveordie on 08.04.2012 at 21:26

To the ones that does not know anything at all, I will make this clear.

Thanks.

Yes Unhealer, it is so. In fact the reason for this change of name is explained by Brian "Head" Welch himself:
"the name "Love and Death" symbolizes everything we've been through as a band over the last few years. We love this band so much and we'll go through hell to connect with our fans. Many people have confused my speaking dates and our band dates because they were both being booked as Brian Head Welch. I have wanted to use a band name for branding my music for a few years. Now with the new music coming out, its time to really separate the things I do. I want the music to be about music. I will still be doing public speaking under Brian Head Welch. I am happy that all the confusion will be over."
LeChron James - 09.04.2012 at 03:44
The song sounded like Korn crossed with Deadsy's vocals. I didn't know born again christians could make half decent alt metal hahaha
Cynic Metalhead - 09.04.2012 at 05:20
Written by liveordie on 08.04.2012 at 21:26

To the ones that does not know anything at all, I will make this clear.

Big deal? i mean that's exactly what Chester( of Linkin Park) did, even Mike Shinoda went out to form a new rap group called Fort Minor and they still attached with their main band.
I think nu-Metal musicians do. not a great way to jump on wagon and called as "pretty breaking news kinda" thing.
Introspekrieg - 09.04.2012 at 05:35
I don't hate it, gives me a feeling of nostalgia. But by the sound of that production, I don't think they are hurting in the financial department.
Xim - 09.04.2012 at 13:44
It's a decent song. I won't be sitting at the edge of my seat for the release though.
Cuca Beludo - 15.04.2012 at 17:27
Better than I had expected, but still a korn's copycat.
SymphAlchemist - 16.04.2012 at 03:28
Great!!!

News Korn - Recording New Album With Brian "Head" Welch 10.5 03.05.2013 by chrisʇrenounced
News Skrillex - New Song Feat. KoЯn Online 9 15.04.2011 by Elodie Artour
News Korn - New Song Streaming Online 9 19.11.2011 by Valentin B
News Divine Heresy - Former Members Launch New Band, Song Online 8.5 16.10.2014 by Sword_Chant
News Testament Guitarist Alex Skolnick's New Band - New Songs Online 7 22.03.2007 by Kincaid