Australian melodic death metallers Be'lakor have made available a new track from their upcoming album Of Breath And Bone. "Remnants" is now streaming online and you can listen to it on the video below. Of Breath And Bone will be released worldwide on June 4th via Kolony Records and Rockstar Records. More album details were previously reported here.

The band posted the following on their Facebook page: "After three years, we are very pleased to be able to make our first new song from Of Breath And Bone available! This is track two, entitled 'Remnants'. Please share this video with your friends. Pre-orders will be available from 8 May 2012 at http://www.belakorband.com and http://www.kolonyrecords.com. We hope you enjoy it."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Be'lakor

Posted: 15.04.2012 by Aegri Somnia

Comments

MetalDoomMaster - 15.04.2012 at 12:56
Sounds a bit too much like Insomnium, but still has a very prominent Be'Lakor feel. Pretty good.
Valaskjalf - 15.04.2012 at 15:55
Good stuff...finally a preview song of an album Im amped about that actually doesnt disappoint. So far Meshuggah, Suspyre, Gorod, In Mourning all had pretty sub-standard first-look songs online. This one seems right up there with
"Stone's Reach".
elseif - 15.04.2012 at 20:36
I'm glad that it doesn't sounds like "Stone's Reach" and has it's own feel.
Risto - 15.04.2012 at 20:43
This is a very solid song as expected! Also nice to see the release date being brought closer
Necrox - 15.04.2012 at 20:50
I agree with the Insomnium influence and the new vocal style will take a bit of getting used to, although otherwise it's pretty good. The outro was my favorite part.
Justicelust - 15.04.2012 at 22:22
Sounds very similar to Insomnium and it means hell yeah it is awesome
Grammy - 15.04.2012 at 23:04
Powerful and promising song. I think this album will be for Be'lakor what Above The Weeping world is to Insomnium (their best album!). I am so sad im not attending brutal assault, they have the perfect line up
Verdun_sc - 16.04.2012 at 01:50
Damn good song. A bit Insomnium sounding but whatever. The vocals are also better, this time. Sounding promising.
Troy Killjoy - 16.04.2012 at 03:29
Definitely liking this. The first two minutes left me kind of apathetic but the production really brings the riffs together around the three-minute mark and then they start getting into less atmospheric, more straightforward melo-death before capping it off in typical Be'lakor fashion by bringing their somber brand of melo-death in with some aggression.

That being said, I'm hoping for some of the songs to be a little heavier. This one seemed a little thin, and I really hope they didn't ditch the piano altogether or I'll be pissed.
MaiSweettShaadow - 16.04.2012 at 04:47
Insomnilakor
MaiSweettShaadow - 16.04.2012 at 04:47
Insomnilakor
BellTower - 16.04.2012 at 06:01
"I really hope they didn't ditch the piano" "I'm hoping for some of the songs to be a little heavier"
+ 1 (but I'm positive it will still be there)

A pretty enjoyable track - really looking forward to hearing the rest!
(Can't say I'm getting the Insomnium vibe that some are experiencing though)....
Troy Killjoy - 16.04.2012 at 06:06
Written by Guest on 16.04.2012 at 06:01

It's not the most subtle vibe to be honest. Around the 00:40 mark it sounds more like something you'd hear from In the Halls of Awaiting, and the overall guitar melodies - while not directly lifted - seem to borrow a lot from post-Above the Weeping World material.
inner_peace - 16.04.2012 at 06:12
Written by Troy Killjoy on 16.04.2012 at 06:06

Written by Guest on 16.04.2012 at 06:01

Yeh, I see and agree with what you're saying.
I just hate to be that guy (if that makes sense) - as long as they don't start including clean vocal parts that are now present in recent Insomnium albums, then I'm happy. (Although they did sound pretty good in 'Unsung')
Troy Killjoy - 16.04.2012 at 06:14
Written by Guest on 16.04.2012 at 06:12
...as long as they don't start including clean vocal parts that are now present in recent Insomnium albums, then I'm happy.

Very much agreed. I'm sure they'd make it sound appropriate regardless but I appreciate the lack of clean vocals when it comes to Be'lakor.
BlueMobius - 16.04.2012 at 07:04
Sounds promising. I really liked The Frail Tide, but I haven't really followed the band since, so this new album might be a good time to listen again.
Risto - 16.04.2012 at 14:13
Written by Troy Killjoy on 16.04.2012 at 03:29

...and I really hope they didn't ditch the piano altogether or I'll be pissed.

Remnants has a faint piano in that mellow-ish instrumental middle section. Should be audible enough on the record based on the short studio clips they've posted on Youtube.
Chobo_jokeR - 16.04.2012 at 20:00
This song is addicting as all hell
Zealot644 - 16.04.2012 at 20:48
I listened to this song today...

I suddenly find myself listening to their previous two albums. These guys are seriously some of the best out there.
SSM - 16.04.2012 at 20:48
Not perfect, specially the intro and first riffs sounds duplicate and a bit boring.
But there's a great melody at 2:21 which is accompanied by easy-going chord progressions,
and after that the song is getting better and better.
Pompous moments around 2:55 and smooth mix/mastering give it special ambiguity IMO.
It's a bit like Insomnium works, because it mixed like them I think;
The real "highs" are not there (I mean high in frequency).

Overall, delightful and warm.
Thanks.