The cover artwork for French black metallers Blut Aus Nord's upcoming album 777 - Cosmosophy, the third and final part of the trilogy, has now been revealed. The album is due out late September.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Blut Aus Nord

Posted: 04.07.2012 by Azoic

Comments

ImperialTroll - 04.07.2012 at 11:45
This is so sick! Probably my favorite artwork for this year so far! and I'm sure the music will not be disappointing as well fucking awesome!
Mr. Doctor - 04.07.2012 at 11:49
Oh dear jesus surfing on a sandwitch this is fucking glorious. Words fail to explain how much I want to listen to this album.
Pazdzioch - 04.07.2012 at 12:55
Just shit in my pants.
LeChron James - 04.07.2012 at 12:56
Man, Blut Aus Nord alyways has next-level album art. I might even buy the trilogy just for the trio of cover arts hahaha
BloodTears - 04.07.2012 at 13:02
Is that an egg? Possibly an evil egg.
!J.O.O.E.! - 04.07.2012 at 14:19
SPAFFJIZZFAINT.
Milena - 04.07.2012 at 14:20
*tumblr speak: on*
What is air. I don't even.
!J.O.O.E.! - 04.07.2012 at 14:36
The tracklisting:

1 - Epitome XIV
2 - Epitome XV
3 - Epitome XVI
4 - Epitome XVII
5 - Epitome XVIII

Either it's going to be short or we're going to have some very long compositions. I'm hoping for the latter obviously, longer generally points to experimentation 8]
Oaken - 04.07.2012 at 14:38
Meh. Sects and The Desanctification had weirder covers. I don't like the looks of this one, let's just hope the music will be great.
The Turbanator - 04.07.2012 at 14:50
As expected. Impatiently waiting for this one.
!J.O.O.E.! - 04.07.2012 at 14:53
Written by Oaken on 04.07.2012 at 14:38

Screw you bitch!
Uldreth - 04.07.2012 at 15:03
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 04.07.2012 at 14:53

Screw you bitch!

Hahahahhahahaha
Abattoir - 04.07.2012 at 15:12
This surely is a magnificent piece of art.
Mr. Doctor - 04.07.2012 at 15:47
Written by Oaken on 04.07.2012 at 14:38

Don't find anything particularly weird about Sect(s) specially compared to this one. Out of all three, this definitely is the most captivating and interesting.

Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 04.07.2012 at 14:53
Screw you bitch!

Genius... just genius.
Troy Killjoy - 04.07.2012 at 15:53
Sexiest cover art I've come across this year by far.
@gent_-_orange - 04.07.2012 at 15:58
Damn that is some nice cover art.
Unhealer - 04.07.2012 at 17:09
Sweet cover art indeed, the best from the trilogy.
Alex Fenger - 04.07.2012 at 17:40
This is some pretty damn fine art, the music better be just as good
Dark Blood - 04.07.2012 at 18:04
What an amazing art. Too bad it's not my kind of band, cause I'd love to have a cd with this on the cover..
pisymbol - 04.07.2012 at 18:21
First prediction:

Cos > Desanct > Sects

As it should be. Start good, go great, then end masterfully.
!J.O.O.E.! - 04.07.2012 at 18:23
Written by pisymbol on 04.07.2012 at 18:21

First prediction:

Cos < Desanct < Sects

As it should be. Start good, go great, then end masterfully.

Indubitably!
Marcel Hubregtse - 04.07.2012 at 18:24
Okay cover art, nothing special. Somehow it reminds me of the latest Swallow The Sun cover art, don't ask me why though.
Mr. Doctor - 04.07.2012 at 18:28
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 04.07.2012 at 18:24

What the heck...
!J.O.O.E.! - 04.07.2012 at 18:32
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 04.07.2012 at 18:24

This one?!

White background... that's about it =P
Marcel Hubregtse - 04.07.2012 at 18:35
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 04.07.2012 at 18:32

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 04.07.2012 at 18:24

This one?!

White background... that's about it =P

Yes, that one, like I said: Don't ask me why.
Oh besides the white background there's some black on it as well

But the music is infinitely inferior on Swallo The Cum's latest I am sure of that, but then again Swallo the Cum has always been average at best
Oaken - 04.07.2012 at 19:03
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 04.07.2012 at 14:53

Screw you bitch!

Where is that finger supposed to go?
Oaken - 04.07.2012 at 19:03
Written by Mr. Doctor on 04.07.2012 at 15:47

The Desanctification's cover was purely amazing. Probably amongst my favorite 5 covers of all time. The sinister, weird vibe it had was stunning. Sects cover is also eerie, as it has some really strange stuff and symbols in there. This one, though, doesn't seem to me suitable for Blut Aus Nord... Dunno why, but I think the style of The Desanctifcation was perfect. I always thought the Cosmosophy will have a cover along the lines of The Desanctification, albeit in green (Dunno why, that's how I imagined it would be). But then it turned out to be this... Which I personally dislike. Actually, if I saw this cover without knowing its BaN I would never guess so. I would say it seems like a "melodeathy" cover.
!J.O.O.E.! - 04.07.2012 at 20:25
This is actually the correct artwork, Debemur Mortii made an error in their colour correction or something:

Prefer it with blue actually but it's still stunning.
InnerSelf - 04.07.2012 at 20:47
Can't take my eyes off of it.
Mr. Doctor - 04.07.2012 at 20:48
Written by Oaken on 04.07.2012 at 19:03

The sect(s) one loses many points because it's a very easy shit to do tbh... it's just random images that I've seen before smashed together, nothing complex about it whatsoever. In fact it has so many religious-based symbols that hardly match BAN's style because they barely even touch that area like a band like Deathspell Omega would do. Desanctification is pretty good so I won't go there.
I think this artwork WILL fully match this album because I'm pretty sure this won't even be metal at all but actually industrial/ambient based... which is a style this artwork definitely embodies.

Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 04.07.2012 at 20:25
Prefer it with blue actually but it's still stunning.

I prefer the one you just posted, way clearer images thanks to the brighter colors.
Oaken - 04.07.2012 at 21:19
Written by Mr. Doctor on 04.07.2012 at 20:48

I'm a great fan of covers with religious/occult symbols, and that's why I like Sects cover. And also, didn't Vindvsal say something about something "jazzy" on the album? I remember reading that in an interview with him. If so, then you're right, the cover will suit the album.
Mr. Doctor - 04.07.2012 at 23:23
Written by Oaken on 04.07.2012 at 21:19

Huh... I even forgot that "jazzy" comment. This will definitely be an interesting listening.
Vombatus - 04.07.2012 at 23:45
Desanctification was mesmerizing cover, among my favs... I liked more the theme, but this one is still very very neat.

Also I'm very pacient with albums coming out, sometimes I even wait some weeks or months after they came out before getting them. But for this one, I CANNOT WAIT (my increasing fanboyism for BaN since the trilogy started might be the reason ).
Troy Killjoy - 05.07.2012 at 05:45
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 04.07.2012 at 20:25
Prefer it with blue actually but it's still stunning.

Same, the hint of blue gave it a more "spacey" feel. More sci-fi or whatever. But that's probably just because I remember watching Skyline last year. It's still a great cover no matter how you look at it.
Slayer666 - 05.07.2012 at 12:30
Artwork's nice and all, but gimme a damn sample track or something. >_<
The Galactican - 08.07.2012 at 05:48
I normally don't go gaga over art, but this is sick. Thumbs up. Horns too.
F.N.S.C.A.C - 14.07.2012 at 22:48
Written by pisymbol on 04.07.2012 at 18:21

First prediction:

Cos < Desanct < Sects

As it should be. Start good, go great, then end masterfully.

do you mean Cos > Desanct > Sects or am I reading this wrong?
Marcel Hubregtse - 14.07.2012 at 23:40
Written by F.N.S.C.A.C on 14.07.2012 at 22:48

Written by pisymbol on 04.07.2012 at 18:21

First prediction:

Cos < Desanct < Sects

As it should be. Start good, go great, then end masterfully.

do you mean Cos > Desanct > Sects or am I reading this wrong?

you are right it should be writtne as Cos > Desanct > Sects if Cos is supposed to be the best and Sects the least best.
pisymbol - 15.07.2012 at 00:13
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.07.2012 at 23:40

Written by F.N.S.C.A.C on 14.07.2012 at 22:48

Written by pisymbol on 04.07.2012 at 18:21

First prediction:

Cos < Desanct < Sects

As it should be. Start good, go great, then end masterfully.

do you mean Cos > Desanct > Sects or am I reading this wrong?

That's how I do it. Truthfully Sects was a fine album, just not spectacular. Desanct was I thought, excellent. It really brought back some of that industrial atmosphere I thought Sects was lacking (just a bit cold for me).

I have high hopes that Cos will be THE black metal album of the year for 2012.

[killjoy]At least on Pitchfork it already is.[/killjoy]

WTF...short codes aren't working....
Marcel Hubregtse - 15.07.2012 at 00:26
Written by pisymbol on 15.07.2012 at 00:13

I have high hopes that Cos will be THE black metal album of the year for 2012.

the way you wrote it mathematically mean cos isn't as good as desant which isn't as good as sects. You used the less than sign instead of the greater than sign
pisymbol - 15.07.2012 at 03:13
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.07.2012 at 00:26

Written by pisymbol on 15.07.2012 at 00:13

I have high hopes that Cos will be THE black metal album of the year for 2012.

Epic fail on me.

1 = 8:55
2 = 6:14
3 = 10:18
4 = 9:27
5 = 11:01
Mr. Doctor - 18.07.2012 at 12:22
^ effing awesome. Everyone knows that BAN + long songs = gooooooood.
!J.O.O.E.! - 18.07.2012 at 22:24
That's some moist-crotch inducing news indeed.

News Blut Aus Nord - New Album Details Revealed 12 06.09.2011 by
News Blut Aus Nord - New Album Teaser Trailer Online 11 04.08.2012 by
News Blut Aus Nord - New Album Details 10.5 22.02.2011 by !J.O.O.E.!
News Blut Aus Nord - New Album Details 10.5 23.08.2006 by !J.O.O.E.!
News Blut Aus Nord - New Album Streaming Online 10.5 09.11.2011 by !J.O.O.E.!