With only four days left to the release of Dämmerfarben's second album Herbstpfad, the German atmospheric black metallers have unveiled a new song, "Im Spätherbst", which is now available for streaming below. Herbstpfad will be released on August 24th via Northern Silence Productions.

Herbstpfad tracklist:

01. Höststig
02. Im Spätherbst
03. Vinterblekheten Över Fältet
04. Zu Nächtlicher Stund
05. Löv I Höststormen
06. Und Winters Kälte Kehret Ein
07. Vintervisa

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Dämmerfarben

Posted: 20.08.2012 by BudDa

Comments

Draugen - 20.08.2012 at 19:40
The debut was pretty good so I will definitively check this one out as well. I can't fail but notice that some of the songs have swedish titles which is interesting to say the least...
Alex Fenger - 20.08.2012 at 19:54
Sounding pretty damn good, i'm looking forward to this one
Ellrohir - 20.08.2012 at 20:04
Oh, the album isnt out yet? well, thats rather awkward...if you know what i mean
BoxCar Willy - 20.08.2012 at 20:06
Wow, was really unimpressed with that. Bleh vocals and not enough low guitar.
Mr. Doctor - 20.08.2012 at 21:12
Quite a weak and thin sound indeed because of the production.
Hallford9000 - 21.08.2012 at 09:28
Hahaha, My friends this is Black Metal. Complaining about the production or the lack of "low guitars" makes no sense. I myself was surprised, I didn't expect a song like this. It is very dreamy and melancholic, almost hypnotic. I really dig the appreggio style approach, it sounds very fresh compared to many bands that aim for such an atmosphere.
Ellrohir - 21.08.2012 at 12:35
Its not bad song, but dunno...sounds a bit different to previous album
Mr. Doctor - 21.08.2012 at 12:40
Written by Hallford9000 on 21.08.2012 at 09:28

Makes perfect sense considering how it's so easy to point out BM with far more fitting production. Many BM albums do have a thin sound but it's because it works for their own brand of BM. I find it hilarious when people say that production isn't important in BM.... That only means that people don't really understand what production means since it's not about the music being cleaner... It's just about something having a proper sound. The kind of BM these guys are doing needs a fuller production. I'm not saying cleaner... But It needs more "meat" on that sound, a bigger wall of sound.
Hallford9000 - 21.08.2012 at 12:56
Written by Mr. Doctor on 21.08.2012 at 12:40

Written by Hallford9000 on 21.08.2012 at 09:28

Couldn't agree with you more. Some BM bands use "bad" or thin production so to say as an additional instrument to further refine their music. But I think it fits nicely to this song. We'll have to wait for the album to come out too see whether they failed with the production or not. I don't want to argue, this is more a matter of personal taste. :-)

News Hellyeah - New Song Online 5.5 02.06.2010 by Ellrohir
News Iced Earth - New Song Online 5.5 06.10.2011 by Angelic Storm
News Dethklok - New Song Online 5.5 03.09.2012 by Sync
News Voyager - Lyric Video For New Song Online 5.5 19.02.2014 by !J.O.O.E.!
News Arsis - Working On New Album, Demo Song Online 5.5 24.05.2011 by The Benighted