Persian metal bands have gathered to release a tribute album on November 28th this year. It will be a tribute to Metallica in which every band will perform and record one of Metallica songs based on their own choice.

The official statement reads as follows: "Back at the June 2012, we announced the first Persian Metallica Tribute Album and now, we proudly announce that the album will be out soon. This tribute album will be obviously dedicated to Metallica, whom are one of the famous icons of metal genre in Iran. In order to be an official release, we've contacted Metallica and Q Prime and they responded with joy. Then we've contacted Persian metal bands and talented musicians to play their role in this tribute. The tracklist and the bands which have a part in this will be announced later via album official Facebook page. The album will be released November 28th, 2012, completely free. Stay tuned."

The album is titled Blackened. Until now, we know that Mordab chose the song "To Live Is To Die" and Stalk will perform "Enter Sandman". Other bands and the album artwork will be revealed soon.

Source: facebook.com

Posted: 22.10.2012 by SSM

Comments

Behdad K2 - 22.10.2012 at 11:58
Nice!
A great "Heads-up" for Iranian metal scene.
Guys out there have some potential and need to be seen.

Thanks to SSM, and thanks to Babi who i guess was in charge of much of this great move.

Rock ON \m/
Monolithic - 22.10.2012 at 16:08
Great news for the Iranian metal scene. I know they're under strict and tight circumstances for doing anything "special" in music. But as an Iranian I wish them nothing but good luck and success!
PocketMetal - 22.10.2012 at 17:05
Nice to see this on metalstorm , I believe this is a good thing for Iranian bands .
Machiavelli - 22.10.2012 at 17:30
Now that the Iranians have a US drone, nuclear power, and death metal, I would expect some pretty good metal records to come out of that country. I dig hot Persian chics too. Now all they have to do is give up that Islam nonsense and go back to the days of Ahuramazda and everything will be peachy. ^_^
Jiri - 22.10.2012 at 17:34
I might as well add another comment in the above vain: Kongrats Iranians!
DoomDriver - 22.10.2012 at 21:48
What is with this people and the constant tributes to Metallica???
Machiavelli - 23.10.2012 at 00:15
I heard Lars has been lobbying for the US to attack Iran because of all the illegal downloading. ^_^
NimaDehnavi - 24.10.2012 at 14:39
Hellyeah!we are persian metalheads,we are united and we love metallica(I'm persian by the way )
Fritillaria - 24.10.2012 at 22:55
Written by Machiavelli on 23.10.2012 at 00:15

joking or serious ? ??!
Armageddon - 25.10.2012 at 01:02
That's great news! Can't wait!
I wish Mordab would've chosen a better song though.
Armageddon - 25.10.2012 at 01:04
Written by Machiavelli on 23.10.2012 at 00:15

I laughed hard at this one

News Metallica - Release New DVD Trailer, Persian Tribute Album Available For Download 8.5 29.11.2012 by metal2000
News Fatalist - Debut Album To See November Release 6 15.10.2009 by Black Conundrum
News Cathedral - To Release First Ever Live Album 5.5 17.10.2011 by Daggon
News Evocation - New Song Online, First Two Albums To See North American Release 5.5 19.08.2012 by Ritual_Suicide
News Tristania - Release First Teaser For New Album 5.5 31.01.2013 by Italics