Drowning Pool is currently finalizing a fifth, currently untitled, full-length album and the band has released a new track online for streaming. Check out the premiere of the new single "Saturday Night" over at this location, featuring the new singer Jasen Moreno. The new record should come out in early 2013 via Eleven Seven Music.

The band teamed up with producer Kato Khandwala (Cold, Four Year Strong) at House of Loud Studios in New Jersey earlier this year, as well as John Feldmann (The Used, Story Of The Year).

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Drowning Pool

Posted: 10.11.2012 by Cynic Metalhead

Comments

Rupert - 10.11.2012 at 16:01
Kinda shitty.
WorpeX - 10.11.2012 at 16:21
Sadly, this band died with Dave Williams. I don't know anyone who has cared about them since Sinner.
Ritual_Suicide - 10.11.2012 at 18:54
Written by WorpeX on 10.11.2012 at 16:21

Cynic Metalhead - 10.11.2012 at 19:16
Written by WorpeX on 10.11.2012 at 16:21

DP did it really well without Williams to be honest. It would be fucking unfair to say "Drowning Pool IS Williams", as without him they have achieved alot. I respect what Dave contributed towards Pool and I was pretty saddened when he went away soon. But, c'mon DP shaped it pretty well after that too.

Well, as far this new song is concerned, it's pretty good. Not that bad either.
!J.O.O.E.! - 10.11.2012 at 19:29
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 10.11.2012 at 19:16

Well, as far this new song is concerned, it's pretty good. Not that bad either.

Achieved what exactly? I remember one very average single and then they disappeared.

There surely can't be a market for this kind of song. It's totally anachronistic. They must be hanging on by a thread, the fact they still exist.
Cynic Metalhead - 10.11.2012 at 19:46
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 10.11.2012 at 19:29

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 10.11.2012 at 19:16

Well, as far this new song is concerned, it's pretty good. Not that bad either.

Surely can't be a market for this song too but I think it sounds good( especially listening Deftones after umm what> 3 years i guess). Well, DP gained lot of fanbase when they were drought on making albums and increased their tours after David passed away. Jasen I think have filled those holes from where Pool was suffering( considering they didn't came at that point where they were on verge to DISBAND IT) and coming with that replacement( on VOCALS) was tremendously done.

Srs, I don't know about how this album gonna sounds but saying DP won't be functional without Williams is....utter pigshit fact.
!J.O.O.E.! - 10.11.2012 at 19:49
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 10.11.2012 at 19:46

Deftones moved on from this sound early on in their career. They're an alternative/post rock/metal band these days from what I can hear. I'd argue that going by this track, the band haven't tried to move their sound on in any way, rather still pushing on with something that's long been ignored.
Cynic Metalhead - 10.11.2012 at 20:00
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 10.11.2012 at 19:49

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 10.11.2012 at 19:46

rather still pushing on with something that's long been ignored.

True.

Well, somehow if wont cost me a buck to check them out brother. Honestly? i'll look forward for this new album.
WorpeX - 11.11.2012 at 08:36
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 10.11.2012 at 20:00

Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 10.11.2012 at 19:49

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 10.11.2012 at 19:46

rather still pushing on with something that's long been ignored.

True.

Why are you being optimistic? You're supposed to be the CYNIC metalhead!

News Caliban - Streaming New Single 5.5 09.12.2013 by Cynic Metalhead
News Antimatter - Release New Single, Streaming Online 5.5 19.03.2014 by BloodJuNkie
News Elvenking - New Single Streaming Online 5.5 22.03.2014 by BlackEssence