Ian Gillan, singer of the legendary hard rockers Deep Purple, spoke exclusively to Classic Rock Magazine, and revealed that the new Deep Purple album, due to be released in April 2013, will feature 13 tracks including "Out Of Hand", "Hell To Pay", "Weirdistan", "Uncommon Man", and "Above And Beyond". The latter song references the band's founding member Jon Lord, who passed away this year, in the lyric: 'Souls having touched are forever entwined.'

Deep Purple's 19th studio album was produced by Bob Ezrin.

Regarding the album title, Gillan said: "There's a big question mark over the name at the moment. And possibly an exclamation mark as well. You can read what you like into what I've just said. All will become clear - as mud - later on. That's all I'm allowed to say. The question mark and the exclamation mark might get you intrigued."

Source: classicrockmagazine.com
Band profile: Deep Purple

Posted: 09.12.2012 by AndMetalForAll

Comments

Korah - 10.12.2012 at 19:03
Who trust in Deep Purple again ?
Cynic Metalhead - 10.12.2012 at 19:26
Written by Korah on 10.12.2012 at 19:03

Who trust in Deep Purple again ?

Not me certainly.

they're just like DT, keep dropping in studio albums and still sound shit. For me, this return gonna be absolute meh and boring.
JohnDoe - 10.12.2012 at 21:00
Bob Ezrin as producer could be a good thing; I am interested and curious what they could come up with.
AndMetalForAll - 10.12.2012 at 21:24
Yeah, agree with you.. Since Blackmore's departure the band has declined immensely.. And now their leader is Ian Gillan, he doesn't the seem the right man to lead something as great as DP. He's an extraordinary vocalist and frontman but he isn't a leader..
JohnDoe - 11.12.2012 at 09:44
Written by AndMetalForAll on 10.12.2012 at 21:24

I guess I am one of the few that like the albums with Steve Morse (especially the first two) but I disagree that the music had declined "immensely", that is such an exaggeration.

When Blackmore was in the band, they were arguing and fighting a lot of times, since Ritchie was difficult to work with (either lineup he was in). All the turmoil that DP has ever had came from Blackmore. But I guess genius comes with eccentricities.
AndMetalForAll - 11.12.2012 at 14:48
Written by JohnDoe on 11.12.2012 at 09:44

Written by AndMetalForAll on 10.12.2012 at 21:24

Although they had fights within the band, their results were much better than today.. I agree with the peace that the band has had since Blackmore's departure, but musically they declined immensely, in my opinion.
JohnDoe - 11.12.2012 at 16:05
Quote:
Quote:

again, stop using the word "immensely", you're exaggerating.
The Morse era albums are much better than some of the Blackmore years albums like House of the Blue light, Slaves and Masters and even The Battle Rages On. All these three Blackmore albums had to suffer (musically) because of the turmoil brought by Ritchie.
hisham80 - 16.12.2012 at 02:20
It seems to me that their days are numbered now ...they're too old to rock !!

News Deep Purple - New Album Title And More Details Revealed 9 27.02.2013 by Nemo Atkins
News Deep Purple - New Album Cover And Tracklist Revealed 9 16.03.2013 by Nemo Atkins
News Deep Purple - Teaser For Upcoming Album Available 9 09.01.2013 by Akula
News Deep Purple - New Album To Be Released In 2013 7.5 27.01.2012 by Syk
News Cradle Of Filth - New Details Revealed For Upcoming Orchestral Album 5.5 05.04.2012 by Cynic Metalhead