Legendary ex-Helloween vocalist Michael Kiske will guest on Avantasia's forthcoming album The Mystery Of Time. He joins Uriah Heep's drummer Russell Gilbrook, producer and guitarist Sascha Paeth, former Kiss guitarist Bruce Kulick and Saxon vocalist Peter Byford. Below you can check out a video of the German Film Orchestra Babelsberg recordings and also hear a little sample of the album, to be released in March of 2013.

Update from Tobias Sammet: "Hey friends, as you know I am currently working on a new Avantasia album. It's a lot of work, but I am so proud of what we are creating right now - it's amazing stuff. As my little Christmas gift to, and to make Christmas even a little more exciting for you, I'll reveal some secrets today: Of course, Michael Kiske is on board again! I bet you expected this, you can hear him loud and clear, and he is still the number one vocalist in that range - unbelievable! But, what is really new: For the first time in the history of Avantasia, we're working with a real symphonic orchestra: The German Film Orchestra Babelsberg! You may remember it, they have worked with Rammstein, Bryan Adams, Shania Twain, and also with Edguy on the Hellfire Club album. It's an enchanting fairytale we are working on, so we really have no choice but to finally have a real orchestra - after all it's an epic Rock-, or probably Metal Opera! Okay, I don't wanna talk much, but wish you a Happy Christmas. If you click on the clip below, you can check out the orchestra recordings and also, you'll hear a little sample, a rough mix of what's to come in March 2013: The Mystery Of Time! Enjoy... and Merry Christmas! - Tobi"

Source: tobiassammet.com
Band profile: Avantasia

Posted: 24.12.2012 by R Lewis

Comments

Mountain King - 24.12.2012 at 19:17
Sounds fucking great...
Giok99 - 24.12.2012 at 19:40
I'm in, sounds great
R Lewis - 24.12.2012 at 21:29
I'd bet the sample is taken from the only "power metal fun" in the album (like "Wastelands" in The Wicked Symphony). In the other tracks I'm expecting more freshness, more experimentation. Anyhow, this sounds great and Tobi can easily count on my money...
The Shape 1973 - 24.12.2012 at 23:17
Very small clip, difficult to say how the whole album will sound. It gives the hint it is closer to Metal Opera I and II, but they have plenty of time to fuck it up.
Iamawalker - 25.12.2012 at 00:00
Holy hell, this sounds fantastic! Kiske IS unbelievable just in that short sample. Now my anticipation grows even higher. As much flak as they have recieved in recent years for "selling out" or for losing many of their double-bass elements, I still enjoy their newest albums immensily for what they are. Heavy Metal, Power Metal, Hard Rock and Power Ballads all smashed together, with Symphonic elements thrown in for good measure. Tobi has always been and still is a master songwriter and great vocalist, with no fuck-ups since "Kingdom Of Madness" in my book.
Identitarian - 25.12.2012 at 00:40
Michael's involvement is the only thing I look forward to, with this album. Tobias should learn to write power metal again, and not this type of hard rock he's doing nowadays. If I wanted to listen to Bon Jovi or Rainbow, I´d listen to Bon Jovi or Rainbow, if you know what I mean. But I will definitely check out the disc, but it is only because Michael participates.
LeChron James - 25.12.2012 at 04:42
FATTEST CONDUCTOR EVER! Did anyone else see that?

Anyway, can't wait to hear all of Kiske's contribution.
Super_Greg - 25.12.2012 at 07:12
Isn't it a given that Kiske will be on an Avantasia album? Wasn't he on all or most of them?
Ellrohir - 25.12.2012 at 13:00
Looks like there will be new update like every week...
ImNotMetal - 25.12.2012 at 15:33
Sounds epic..
Chriwalker - 03.01.2013 at 19:42
Really looking forward to this album! Didn't think too well bout the last Edguy album so I'm hoping this will kick ass!

News Stratovarius - New Album Artwork Unveiled, Audio Sample Available 7 05.12.2012 by Antidote
News Brutal Truth - First Album Details, New Song Available 7 20.02.2009 by Black Conundrum
News Brymir - New Album Update, First Single Available 7 25.05.2014 by Gothmog_Motsham
News Helloween - New Album Title Revealed, First Shows Confirmed 7 13.09.2012 by Nemo Atkins
News Arckanum - Entire New Album Available For Streaming 5.5 06.05.2013 by Boxcar Willy