With the release of Time I behind them, Wintersun have begun mixing their next album, which will be Time II, of course. For now, the band plans to release it in early 2014.

Update from the band: "Hi everyone! After some Festival and Summer show announcements we thought we might also give you a heads up regarding Time II.

2012 was a really great year for us, the release of Time I was a huge success and we did two successful tours and many sold out shows. But we are aiming even higher and take Wintersun to the next level in 2013! We have 3 official webstores up and running (Europe, Finland, North America) and we hope you guys like the available items. There'll be constant updates and new products and we will also have interesting competitions and specials coming up on our pages, so be sure to check it all out.

We are starting the mix of Time II and it will be released early 2014. The album will continue where Time I left, but it will be an upgrade in production, it will be equally epic, if not more. It will contain some 'fast stuff' and some guitar shredding (incl. 7 solos) like some of you metal heads and guitar wankers have been wishing for. It will also contain some of the most beautiful music ever written, that will bring a tear to your eye.

We are playing some huge summer festivals in Finland and in EU (Incl. Tuska, Nummirock, Metalfest, Beastival, Hellfest...) and for the first time going to Spain. We are also taking part in Emma Gaala ('Finnish Grammy') in March for the nomination of 'Best Metal Album of the Year'. We know it's going to be an exciting year. It is because all of you who have supported us during the years, we have been able to grow and continue to do what we love.

Thank you for all the support! Stay tuned for some further exciting live news soon! We hope to see all of you on the road and during the festival season 2013! - Wintersun boys."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Wintersun

Posted: 08.02.2013 by StarBarer

Comments page 2 of 2

‹‹ Back to the News Pages: 1 [2]

erat - 10.02.2013 at 17:12
De-ja-vu.. So bad.
Dark Cornatus - 11.02.2013 at 14:36
Written by The Shape 1973 on 10.02.2013 at 12:59

Lets hope if it takes so long to mix he gets it right this time. The mix on Time I was terrible, the drums sounded like biscuit barrels (still better than Lars though).

I agree the drums were pretty mild, but it doesn't really bother me as it was more about the melodies for me and the flow of the songs.
JS - 11.02.2013 at 18:43
Woah. Not to comment the news itself, but what is going on here? Of all the posts responding to this article, maybe 1 in 20 is in any way positive. When I was introduced to this metal scene, some ten years ago, I found it very united. Scary looking people who are actually very kind to one another.

I rarely read topics or comments in Metalstorm, so I don't know how common this is. Nevertheless, it saddens me greatly to see people I used to be proud of drop to the level of Youtube-commenters.

Stay metal, stay brothers.
Marcel Hubregtse - 12.02.2013 at 15:14
Written by JS on 11.02.2013 at 18:43

Stay metal, stay brothers.

omg someone who thinks that music unites and that all metallers should be friends?

And if you read closely it is clear that everyone here agrees, so in that sense it is all brothers here. How can one (be it fan of the band or not) not be skeptical after all the lames excuses Jari has used up over the passed, I don't know how many years? And by the looks of it Jari is up to again because orignally he said Time II was almost finished mixing and it would be released in 2013 and now he says it still all has to be mixed and will see the light of day in 2014.
Alex Fenger - 12.02.2013 at 17:27
Written by JS on 11.02.2013 at 18:43

Scary looking people who are actually very kind to one another.

Scary looking people?
What the hell does that mean. Why do metal-heads have to be scary looking?
Mattybu - 14.02.2013 at 06:27
I'm probably a part of the minority here but I sort of liked the tone this little update, it's cool when an artist can be that confident in their work. The delays are unprofessional, but I mean who cares really it'll get released eventually and life goes on.
theFIST - 14.02.2013 at 17:01
Written by Mattybu on 14.02.2013 at 06:27

it'll get released eventually

possibly as "the incomplete" after jari"s death
Ap46 - 17.02.2013 at 00:58
Well. it seems Wintershit is gonna take a few years to take a crap... maybe thei'r constipated Lol.
Death - 17.02.2013 at 12:18
Written by JS on 11.02.2013 at 18:43

By that logic 19 out of every 20 people share the same idea. That's quite a united bunch of people.
psykometal - 20.02.2013 at 05:18
Would be hilarious to find out the hold up is because he's waiting for a guest guitar solo from Muhammed Suiçmez.
JS - 21.02.2013 at 16:26
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 12.02.2013 at 15:14

That is not what I wrote, although why not?

Respect is what I have in mind. Why not encourage a band you like, or if you think "it's shit", then why would shout out something like that? (To be clear, I'm not saying that one cannot say opinions out loud). You don't see this kind of acting on the streets, like someone shouting "Hey, that's a really shitty looking shirt!". Well, if you do, it's probably some teenagers. I doubt that so much people here are angry teens, but nevertheless some of them act like ones.

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 12.02.2013 at 15:14

Group of people "beating down" on one, and thats "agreeing" and "brothers"? Well, one might think so, I do not. Again, not to comment news itself.

Written by Alex Fenger on 12.02.2013 at 17:27

Scary looking people?
What the hell does that mean. Why do metal-heads have to be scary looking?

Totally missing the point. I was talking about unexpected behavior, like an angry looking guy not getting mad when you accidentally step on his toes. Exaggerated example, of course. I didn't say that everyone has to look scary, why would you think that?

Don't take my comments too seriously, it's not in my intentions to get in arguments.

P.S
One thing I do enjoy are short, sarcastic, funny comments (for example about the delay). But reading dozens of comments containing frustrated word gets really tiring.
FreddeSwede - 23.04.2014 at 14:53
When will this one be released? Wintersun are trolling us again.
mz - 23.04.2014 at 15:09
OMG my life has just changed.
Seriously, he proves himself not only as a liar, but also as a self obsessed musician by this statement.

Pages: 1 [2]

News Wintersun - Issue Update Regarding Crowdfunding, 'Time II' 9 01.08.2014 by Death
News Wintersun - Update On 'Time II' 9 25.06.2014 by mz
News Wintersun - New Album Release Date, Shows In Finland Confirmed 7.5 18.07.2012 by Alex Fenger
News Wintersun - Live Shows And Album Update 7.5 14.05.2011 by The Voyager
News Wintersun - 'Time I' Release Date Pushed Back A Week 7.5 14.09.2012 by Amatsu Mikaboshi