It is official, the Todd La Torre fronted version of Queensrÿche has signed on with Century Media Records and they will release their new album this summer, more precisely on June 10th, 2013 in Europe and June 11th in North America.

The deal came into fruition as a result of Queensrÿche's various teasers, trailers, and other feelers of interest into their new project. Don Robertson, the president of Century Media, has met with the band members at the NAMM convention in Anaheim, CA earlier this January to express the label's interest.

Drummer Scott Rockenfield expressed his excitement to Billboard.com: "Century Media has been extremely enthusiastic ever since they came into the equation with us, and for what it's worth it's hard to find enthusiasm like that. After 35 years I guess I'm gracious and honored that we have people that are that enthusiastic about the band, so we're really happy about moving forward with them."

"Queensrÿche is excited to begin writing this next chapter of our career with Century Media. Their passion and love for music has been apparent since early discussions and we are pleased to call them partners on this journey," states bassist Eddie Jackson. "We are also thankful for all of the fans who have supported us from day one and helped us get to where we are today. Todd, Scott, Parker, Michael and I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for each and every one of you."

While there is of course still a lawsuit to be dealt with regarding the split between the two versions of Queensrÿche, the band members excluding Geoff Tate have personally expressed no concern on the matter coming November 18th, and are moving forward with releasing their new album under the banner of Century Media for this summer regardless.

When Don Robertson was asked how the lawsuit would affect the conditions of the label's deal with the band if they were to lose, he writes "I guess we will cross that bridge when we come to it."

Return To History world tour 2013:

Apr 21 - Ludwigsburg, GER - Rockfabrik
Apr 23 - Aaburg, SWI - Moonwalker
Apr 24 - Munich, GER - Theaterfabrik
Apr 26 - Eindhoven, NED - Effennar

Other confirmed 2013 dates:

Jul 18 - Oshkosh, WI, Rock USA Festival
Jul 19 - Springville, IN, ABATE of Indiana "Boogie"
Jul 20 - Erie, PA, Roar on the Shore Biker Rally
Aug 2 - Sturgis, SD, The Sturgis Buffalo Chip

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: Queensrÿche

Posted: 04.03.2013 by Dentura

Comments

The Shape 1973 - 04.03.2013 at 23:55
I prey that this is somewhere near their old sound. Hopes are not high, but it would be good to have something near the old Queensryche back.
Dentura - 05.03.2013 at 00:02
Written by The Shape 1973 on 04.03.2013 at 23:55

I hope so too, I have a strong feeling it will be way better than anything Geoff Tate has touched for the past 16 years or so, but I probably want to hear a leak of it first, just to be certain if I want buy a copy of it or not.
The Shape 1973 - 05.03.2013 at 00:06
Written by Dentura on 05.03.2013 at 00:02

Written by The Shape 1973 on 04.03.2013 at 23:55

Not expecting another Mindcrime, that's a bit too much to ask. 19 years of crap is a bit too long. I could live with another Promised Land or Empire.
chrisʇrenounced - 05.03.2013 at 08:12
I wonder how it would complicate the lawsuit if Todd La Torre bic shaved his head, laser etched a goatee around his mouth, and donned his finest "i-didn't-know-there-were-queers-in-the-matrix" attire for the upcoming tour.
Warman - 05.03.2013 at 12:41
I can't help being kinda psyched. Just a little.
Ozman - 05.03.2013 at 16:22
Written by The Shape 1973 on 04.03.2013 at 23:55

Without Chris DeGarmo they will never get anywhere near their old sound again.
It seems people have forgotten how immensely important Chris was for the old Queensryche sound.
Angelic Storm - 06.03.2013 at 11:59
Written by Ozman on 05.03.2013 at 16:22

That is very true. However, I feel very confident that the new album will at least be superior to the tripe that the band has been releasing since Chris' departure. I'm not expecting a true return to the classic sound of 80's Queensryche, but as long as it's a good album, I'll be satisfied. After the battering the Queensryche name has taken due to the last few terrible albums, any improvement is most welcome from me.
Dentura - 07.03.2013 at 03:33
Written by Angelic Storm on 06.03.2013 at 11:59

Written by Ozman on 05.03.2013 at 16:22

I totally agree with this.

News Morbus Chron - Sign With Century Media, To Release Vinyl And Record New Album 11.5 15.03.2012 by aporyon
News Sanctuary - Sign With Century Media, New Album This Year 10 22.05.2013 by psykometal
News Firewind - Sign New Deal With Century Media 8.5 13.01.2012 by Kamil
News Dark Funeral - Sign Three Album Deal With Century Media 8.5 17.05.2012 by Boxcar Willy
News Entombed - New Album In October, Sign To Century Media 8.5 02.09.2013 by Lit.