Behemoth haven't been saying much about their new album, but the band has been writing new material for the successor to Evangelion, sharing photos on their official sources and letting us know that "the magick is happening..." at Hertz Studio in Poland where the group is doing the recordings. The band plans to release the new album this year.

Meanwhile, Behemoth starts their touring year with a performance at PPM Fest 2013 next month.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Behemoth

Posted: 17.03.2013 by empty

Comments

ArcesseEum - 17.03.2013 at 14:35
I trust it will be good.
Mr. Doctor - 17.03.2013 at 14:46
I know this might be an useless thing to wish for but please: Bring back the sound you had on Zos Kia Cultus.
Vombatus - 17.03.2013 at 14:52
^this

(but I don't expect much....)
s_t_s - 17.03.2013 at 16:10
Only know the last 3 albums of Behemoth and tho some people may find their "new"style too clean and polished, I have to say I love it so I'm expecting such solid prod for their upcoming album !
JD - 17.03.2013 at 16:41
Good news
Unhealer - 17.03.2013 at 16:41
Is Nergal playing a telecaster? Well, I hope they go 70's prog rock, that would be nice.
Marcel Hubregtse - 17.03.2013 at 16:53
Their best period is a long tiome ago now 14 - 11 years consisting of the black/death masterpieces Satanica. Thelema 6, Zos Kia Cultus. Why they switched to polished turd generic death metal is anyone's guess. But seeing how mediocre everything after Zos Kia was I am not expecting anything good by them now, either.
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 17.03.2013 at 17:20
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.03.2013 at 16:53

No like Demigod? Evangelion?
Marcel Hubregtse - 17.03.2013 at 17:23
Written by Amatsu Mikaboshi on 17.03.2013 at 17:20

No like Demigod? Evangelion?

Extremely mediocre albums those, just like that their black metal period was also extremely mediocre.
GoldenGod2112 - 17.03.2013 at 19:06
I loved their Satanica sound the most.
serega25 - 17.03.2013 at 19:27
Very good!
Mad Arab666 - 17.03.2013 at 20:12
I hope there some experimentation on this album. Their last few album were kind of boring.
tea[m]ster - 17.03.2013 at 20:23
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.03.2013 at 16:53

I am just guessing, no probably hoping this is the case because Mateusz Maurycy "Havoc" Smierzchalski was a part of the band and departed right after those albums. He is now in Blindead, one of my favorite bands on the planet right now.
Lord_Regnier - 17.03.2013 at 20:28
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.03.2013 at 17:23

just like that their black metal period was also extremely mediocre.

Being into Black Metal as I am, I was interested in their BM period long ago. Unfortunately, I didn't find anything I liked enough to buy an album. I find their BM records mediocre musically and with atrocious vocals.
AngelofDeth - 18.03.2013 at 01:18
Fuck Yeah about time!
Winterthrone - 18.03.2013 at 03:07
Personally, I like every periods of Behemoth, but my tastes are varied and I like evolution in music but I guess some people prefer stagnation
...Stoked to hear their new stuff...
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 18.03.2013 at 03:47
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.03.2013 at 17:23

But there's nothing I find there to be that different when compared to those three...
psykometal - 18.03.2013 at 04:49
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.03.2013 at 16:53

Exactly! I would LOVE to hear them go back to Satanica (being my fave album from them) and Thelema.6 styles, too bad they won't though...
Dark 3.16 - 18.03.2013 at 07:37
And now , Life has meaning !
Butters49 - 19.03.2013 at 03:06
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
Don_Doom - 19.03.2013 at 05:30
Something goooood is coming!!
Mr. Doctor - 19.03.2013 at 15:28
Written by Amatsu Mikaboshi on 18.03.2013 at 03:47

Yes there is: The incredibly sterile, waaaaay-to-polished sound due to the wrong production. I still enjoy the later albums though but I do consider them to be less good than the previous.
Marcel Hubregtse - 19.03.2013 at 15:45
Written by Mr. Doctor on 19.03.2013 at 15:28

Written by Amatsu Mikaboshi on 18.03.2013 at 03:47

Not only in the production department there's a huge difference but also when it comes to the music after Zos Kia Cultus they went for generic total death metal on Demigod and The Apostasy with no black metal in the sound at all any more. Only Avengelion did contain some balck metal once again and was a slight step up from the previous two but ruined by the sterile sound.
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 19.03.2013 at 16:40
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.03.2013 at 15:45

No, I do recall some Black Metal parts in the Apostasy moreso than to Demigod. That album just sounds like heavily influnced Nile masturbatory death metal.
Apothecary - 28.03.2013 at 14:56
Written by Mr. Doctor on 17.03.2013 at 14:46

Or Satanica, yeah
Mr. Doctor - 28.03.2013 at 15:49
Written by Apothecary on 28.03.2013 at 14:56
Or Satanica, yeah

I could have said Satanica/Thelema/Zos Kia but I felt lazy (and the last one of the three is my favorite Behemoth album so...).

News Behemoth - Postpone New Album Release 7.5 07.08.2013 by Hallford9000
News Cauldron - Recording New Album 5.5 21.05.2012 by Susan
News Lord - Recording New Album 5.5 18.12.2008 by Introspekrieg
News Bolt Thrower - New Album Recording Delayed 5.5 13.06.2008 by Varegan
News One Man Army And The Undead Quartet - Begin Recording New Album 5.5 06.10.2010 by Yojimbo