Pathfinder is looking for a new singer, as former vocalist Simon Kostro just left the band due to "loss of communication with the band and fatigue."

From the band's official Facebook page: "Simon Kostro left the band... Soon we give more details. We have to cancel many shows, festivals and tour, but all shows announced on our official website we will performe with Lukasz Frankowski as a replacement singer. Some of you know him as Pathfinder's sound man. Brno in Czech Rep. (30.03.2013) will be the first show on Pathfinder way where Simon does not sing. Soon we announce the casting for new vocalist. Of course if you have any friends with good voice or know any good singers feel free to send us the link with his voice on: management@pathfinderband.com."

Later on the band explained: "Simon Kostro left the band. This is his own decision to quit this chapter of his career. The reason: loss of communication with the band and fatigue in the quest to be perfect. As he said he don't know exactly what he wants to do now, but his journey with Pathfinder is definitly finished."

Karol: "I can't say I'm disappointed as I predicted this day to come. Thanks Simon for all those years we rocked together and I hope you will not waste your talent by getting involved in some shitty project instead of conquering the world as one of the best metal voices ever you are considered by many to be."

Kacper: "Simon left the band suddenly and unexpectedly. We will miss him as a singer and friend. We wish him luck in the future career."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Pathfinder

Posted: 26.03.2013 by R Lewis

Comments

The Shape 1973 - 26.03.2013 at 13:55
Real shame. First album was a breath of fresh air for power metal. Second album not so hot.
Zaphod - 26.03.2013 at 15:49
Good. I didn't like the vocals at all, maybe I'll like the band better now. Somehow I doubt that though.
feather_light - 26.03.2013 at 19:04
Sad news indeed. He had a certain characteristic sound in his voice that made you either love him or hate him, and I really loved his performance.

Oh well, there's always that Privateer album and the two Pathfinder albums, where Simon was at his peak.
AngelofDeth - 26.03.2013 at 19:30
I really liked his vocals on the first album, they were cheesy but also epicly awesome! But he did suck on the 2nd album so maybe the "fatigue" refers to that...
Written by The Shape 1973 on 26.03.2013 at 13:55

Yeah the first was a masterpiece of cheesy power. The second was just a fuckn mess from writing to performance and mixing. But I still have hope for a third album so I hope they dont disband or get delayed to long!
The Norseman - 19.10.2013 at 12:09
I hope I'm wrong but I have saw this "movie" in the past with Lost Horizon. Don't follow their fate.
The Shape 1973 - 11.02.2014 at 15:24
Written by The Norseman on 19.10.2013 at 12:09

Very similar bands. I can see that this will be the last we hear. His voice was so much part of their sound I can't see him being replaced.

News Visions Of Atlantis - Looking For A New Female Vocalist 7 13.01.2008 by Lupas
News Pantheon I - Searching For New Vocalist 5.5 06.08.2010 by YoreLore
News The 11th Hour - Tap Officium Triste Vocalist For New Album 5.5 25.07.2011 by Marcel Hubregtse
News Therion - Looking For New Soprano 5.5 04.11.2006 by Dark Cornatus