Leprous isn't your average metal band as attested by their previous works, continually surprising their audience with each track they write. The single unveiled today named "Chronic" is no different. The track from their forthcoming album Coal can be streamed here or at this location.

The band comments on the track: "We're delighted to finally be able to give you the first taste of our upcoming album Coal. It's a melancholic, soulful and very dynamic album. Where Bilateral was playful and in-your face, Coal is subtle and floating. 'Chronic' however, is of the more dynamic songs of the album. With a heavy basis, the song pinches a nerve Leprous has never before explored."

Coal is set for release on May 20th in Europe and May 28th in North America this year via InsideOut Music and further details about the album can be found here and also over here.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Leprous

Posted: 09.04.2013 by LeKiwi

Comments

MetalDoomMaster - 09.04.2013 at 20:23
Pretty unspectacular. Sounds like their demo. Not really the vocal performance I'd come to expect from Einar, but maybe the rest of the album will be different.
LeKiwi - 09.04.2013 at 20:39
Written by MetalDoomMaster on 09.04.2013 at 20:23

Unfortunately, I'd have to agree with you. I didn't necessarily mean surprise as a positive notion They could be playing some reverse psychological trick however...releasing an average track to reduce expectations...
Zaphod - 09.04.2013 at 21:15
Yeah... Not sure what I think yet.
Darkside Momo - 09.04.2013 at 22:04
Not so bad!!
Introspekrieg - 10.04.2013 at 00:49
I think it sounds great. I wonder if Devin had anything to do with the production on this one.
Unhealer - 10.04.2013 at 06:07
Well, I really liked it. And Einar performance is great as always, there's something about his voice... like he's going to break all of the sudden.
annodomini - 10.04.2013 at 10:43
I liked it too. The band warned us, that this will be more flowing and not so complex, so I was expecting far worse. This song is very melodic and composed perfectly.
BloodTears - 10.04.2013 at 11:12
I'm really digging the new song to be honest
seafood - 10.04.2013 at 18:39
After the previous Leprous news post, this comes as a pleasant surprise to me. Looking forward to the album.
Introspekrieg - 10.04.2013 at 19:58
The more I listen to it, I really don't know how you could hear it and think the vocal performance is anything less than stellar. They have finally ditched the Opeth-shadow-deal and actually surpassed them in terms of enjoyment for me personally.
MetalDoomMaster - 11.04.2013 at 02:39
Written by Introspekrieg on 10.04.2013 at 19:58

I agree that the song does get better with each listen, but it doesn't sound like hes pushing his vocals to the limits of the previous albums. What I think was really impressive about the first two was the range and power of his vocal delivery, which I'm not really hearing here. While it may be true that a high range may not fit this song, I still think that his range could be utilized somehow while still going for the darker atmosphere that the band say they are looking for with this album.
qlacs - 12.04.2013 at 21:49
Written by MetalDoomMaster on 11.04.2013 at 02:39

....

Einar can fuckin' sing anything. But I also think he did stop pushing himself for an even better voice. Nevertheless the song is great, I expect Coal to be a new Tall Poppy Syndrome (that's the most epic thing for me).
MetalDoomMaster - 12.04.2013 at 22:09
Written by qlacs on 12.04.2013 at 21:49

Einar can fuckin' sing anything.

It's true, he does have quite the voice.

News Anal Cunt - Track From Upcoming Compilation Album Streaming Online 8.5 14.11.2011 by Troy Killjoy
News Kylesa - New Track Online, Album Artwork Revealed 7 25.03.2013 by SleepFan
News Serj Tankian - New Song And Upcoming Album Preview Online 7 23.06.2012 by Dark Doom
News Orange Goblin - Reveal New Album Details, First Track Online 7 15.08.2014 by SleepFan
News Summoning - New Album Title Track Available Online 7 30.05.2013 by Mad Arab666