Remember Sanctuary? Four of the founding members, Warrel Dane, Jim Sheppard, Lenny Rutledge and Dave Budbill, came together for a few select reunion performances in 2010 and today come the news that the heavy metallers signed a deal with Century Media. Sanctuary also begun work on a new album 20 plus years after Refuge Denied (1987) and Into The Mirror Black (1990). To complete the line-up, Brad Hull (Forced Entry) will be filling in for former guitar player Sean Blosl. A late 2013 release is planned for the new album The Year The Sun Died.

Warrel Dane says: "Having been with Century Media since 1995 with Nevermore, it was a very comfortable decision for Sanctuary to sign with them. Century Media has a great team that always delivers for all of their bands. I've known most of them on a first name basis for many years and I look forward to this new chapter in history."

Lenny Rutledge adds: "I can speak for every member of Sanctuary when I say we are all excited to join the Century Media family. We now have the opportunity to work with the best metal record label on the planet. We are looking forward to creating great music with an awesome team behind us."

Sanctuary line-up 2013:
Warrel Dane - Vocals
Lenny Rutledge - Guitars
Jim Sheppard - Bass
Dave Budbill - Drums
Brad Hull - Guitars

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Sanctuary

Posted: 22.05.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

psykometal - 22.05.2013 at 21:22
Kinda figured this is what Warrel and Jim have been up to in the wake of Jeff and Van bailing on Nevermore. I wonder if this means Nevermore is going to announce a break-up soon? Let's hope so cuz let's face it, without Jeff, there can be no Nevermore.
schizodelight - 22.05.2013 at 21:23
Super excited about this. I'm just hoping like hell that Dane doesn't collaborate with Peter Wichers again as producer. His influence on the last Nevermore album (The Obsidian Conspiracy) was so obvious and just.... it toned it all down compared to their previous goliath of an album "This Godless Endeavor" and sounded way too much like Dane's solo album which Wichers also had a big hand in, although I loved his solo album.

Also, just so you know you put "1997" instead of 1987 for Refuge Denied.
psykometal - 22.05.2013 at 21:27
Written by schizodelight on 22.05.2013 at 21:23

Also, just so you know you put "1997" instead of 1987 for Refuge Denied.

Fixed. I noticed that as well but you called it out before I could fix it.
BloodTears - 22.05.2013 at 21:28
I don't see anything, it was always 1987 for me anyway (thanks)
schizodelight - 22.05.2013 at 22:10
Sure thing I was JUST rotating a massive Sanctuary/Nevermore/Solo-album playlist when I saw this story pop up. Really made my day.
Zaphod - 22.05.2013 at 22:26
Ah, finally some news from Sanctuary
K†ulu - 22.05.2013 at 22:37
Wow, Brad Hull will be on the record! Will definitely check it out!
bitethepain - 22.05.2013 at 23:02
Great news! I hope they rerelease their old albums as I don't own them and would love to

News Queensrÿche - Sign With Century Media, New Album Release Date 10 04.03.2013 by The Shape 1973
News Cannabis Corpse - Sign With Season Of Mist, New Album This Year 10 18.01.2013 by RottingDeathHead
News Nine Inch Nails - New Album This Year, Sign With Columbia 10 30.05.2013 by undi
News Morbus Chron - Sign With Century Media, To Release Vinyl And Record New Album 10 15.03.2012 by aporyon
News Entombed - New Album In October, Sign To Century Media 8.5 02.09.2013 by Lit.