After much teasing for the follow-up to Nightmare, Avenged Sevenfold have finally started revealing more about their new album. Now we know that it will be released on August 27th this year. It will be called Hail To The King and the cover artwork unveiled can be seen below.

Hail To The King was produced by Mike Elizondo and will also mark the first album featuring drummer Arin Ilejay. To celebrate the release of the album, Avenged Sevenfold will perform a free concert at the Hollywood Palladium on August 26th in Los Angeles. An European tour is slated for the end of the year with special guests Five Finger Death Punch and Device.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Avenged Sevenfold

Posted: 28.06.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

Synapse - 28.06.2013 at 12:28
Personally I really dislike the cover and the album title font
R Lewis - 28.06.2013 at 12:29
This might not be an original comment, but... This cover sucks.
Cynic Metalhead - 28.06.2013 at 15:42
It's a comic book cover. I wouldn't mind if it's a track listing for The Superman or Batman comic movies.
BynersA7X - 28.06.2013 at 16:05
Written by Synapse on 28.06.2013 at 12:28

Personally I really dislike the cover and the album title font

Me too.

Also... Carry On sounded a little bit like Power Metal. This cover looks like Power Metal too.
I'll just wait for it... I really like some stuff I listened from them recently.
Angelic Storm - 28.06.2013 at 16:38
"This is how the story begins... in the dark dark town, there was a dark dark street. In the dark dark street, there was a dark dark house. In the dark dark house, there were dark dark stairs. And down the dark dark stairs, there was a dark dark cellar, and in the dark dark cellar, some skeletons lived!"

Sorry, that was what immediately I thought of when I saw that cover... lol
SEXdepressedGOD. - 28.06.2013 at 17:38
Looks cartoony! There are Looney Tunes episodes heavier than this!!
Dark†SymphonY - 28.06.2013 at 18:34
Written by Angelic Storm on 28.06.2013 at 16:38

Sorry, that was what immediately I thought of when I saw that cover... lol

That just opened up my childhood Funny looking cover by the way.
Lit. - 28.06.2013 at 18:57
Personally, I think it's better than when they try to act all evil and stuff. Nightmare, for instance.
RottingDeathHead - 28.06.2013 at 20:54
Hmmm they actually decided to stop ripping off Overkill's mascot and instead decided to rip off Lich King's mascot.
Machiavelli - 28.06.2013 at 21:59
Crappy cartoony I agree... this band could be much better since the vox are good but they just don't play any music I like except for when they cover other band's songs.
Doge of Venice - 29.06.2013 at 02:08
Written by BynersA7X on 28.06.2013 at 16:05

Written by Synapse on 28.06.2013 at 12:28

Personally I really dislike the cover and the album title font

Me too.

The new album stuff won't be anything like it. They are going for a stripped down groove orientated album.

They say that, but the snippets on the website have brass and some choir chants included. Sounds interesting though. Also, the production is much better than nightmare. Guitars actually sound chunky, as opposed to the fluff that was Nightmare.

I think the lyrical content will be interesting this time around, less emo-y. A song called All Hail Andronikos, which seems like it'll be about some Byzantine Emperor.

Also, the artwork is super video gamey. Not surprised, the majority of news related to them recently has been related to video games.
Ritual_Suicide - 29.06.2013 at 17:51
Written by RottingDeathHead on 28.06.2013 at 20:54

Opethian - 07.07.2013 at 23:14
THAT'S SOOOO SCARY!!! OMG ......
BoxCar Willy - 09.07.2013 at 05:27
They're just advertising the music to their 10 year old fan base.
Mage257 - 11.07.2013 at 18:03
To be honest this looks familiar to me

News DevilDriver - Share New Album Title, Cover, Release Date 11.5 28.05.2013 by cossaisVendeurs
News Huntress - Share New Album Cover, Title And Release Date 11.5 01.05.2013 by WorpeX
News Turisas - New Album Title, Cover, Release Date Unveiled 10 14.06.2013 by moe5512
News Haken - Share New Album Title, Release Date And More 10 22.06.2013 by tea[m]ster
News Mercenary - Reveal New Album Cover, Title, Release Date 10 29.04.2013 by Dinruth