Following the release of their latest album The Fathomless Mastery and the departure of fellow vocalist Mikael Åkerfeldt, Bloodbath fans have patiently awaited announcement of the new material along with the details of the mystery vocalist who will be making his mark on the band's timeline. While the latter information isn't yet available, the band has recently stated that they will begin recording the upcoming new album in January, 2014.

Commented by the band: "To everyone nagging on us (we understand...) to reveal the new singer, we will not do this until we have audio to go with it, so please be patient. To everyone asking when they can expect the new album to be released, we've set aside time in January to record it. So album title, cover artwork and release date will follow once that's in motion. Thanks for your support and helping us recycle death metal, once again."

While several details remain uncertain, the writing process has begun and we can count on Bloodbath to write some killer albeit "recycled" death metal once more.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Bloodbath

Posted: 11.08.2013 by LeKiwi

Comments

♥Insomnium - 11.08.2013 at 13:03
I hope that Osvald "Vald" Egeland (ex-Blood Red Throne) will join as vocalist for Bloodbath. he is just a awesome vocalist and fit for them!
Agathomax - 11.08.2013 at 13:39
I'd like Peter Tagtgren to come back as vocalist. He was never so good that in "Nightmare Made Flesh" Album, which is their best album to date IMO.

With all respect due to Opeth, Mikael Åkerfeldt is too monotonous when he sings only with grunt in a song.

In a pinch, I'd like Jörgen Sandström from TPH MCMXCIX...
J. N. - 11.08.2013 at 13:58
I hope it's Ari Koivunen.
Jaeryd17‍ - 11.08.2013 at 13:59
Well, it's about time. I hear they're going back to a more old-school death metal style, too. Should be decent, at the very least.
psykometal - 11.08.2013 at 14:30
Watch it be Dan Swano.
X5452 - 11.08.2013 at 15:34
Whoever the singer will be, it's BLOODBATH. Nuff said.
Dentura - 11.08.2013 at 19:13
How exciting! I can't wait to hear more about this one. I hope whoever they get to be their vocalist crushes.
Opethian - 11.08.2013 at 20:17
This i can't wait for .... BLOODBATH!!!

#EDIT: Bring back SWANO!
Unhealer - 11.08.2013 at 21:38
They mentioned earlier that they won't announce the new singer without an audio teaser attached because it's supposedly a quite controversial name, so I'm guessing it's not Swano nor Tagtgren.
psykometal - 11.08.2013 at 22:48
Written by Unhealer on 11.08.2013 at 21:38

Oh of course not. It's probably going to be someone like Ville Vallo, he's been smoking those cigarettes to gruff up his voice for years so he couild work up to actually being able to do death vocals one day, and Bloodbath is the perfect "supergroup avenue" for him to put all his hard work and effort to the test.
Unhealer - 11.08.2013 at 23:05
Written by psykometal on 11.08.2013 at 22:48

Oh of course not. It's probably going to be someone like Ville Vallo.

Please, please let it be him. I'd have countless hours of fun reading what the haters have to say about it.
psykometal - 11.08.2013 at 23:44
Written by Unhealer on 11.08.2013 at 23:05

I know right!!! That would definitely make MS Drama of the Year.
Traezeus - 12.08.2013 at 05:00
Damn.. I just assumed it was gonna be Swano but now that they've said that.. we'll see. After Fathomless Mastery I kind of lost interest in the band, but if they can put out anything that sounds Unblessing the Purity-ish or previous that'll make me quite happy.
TheLostChord - 13.08.2013 at 23:07
Fuck yes! It's about time!
ErnestoLeighton - 19.08.2013 at 18:53
Hahaha, could it be Swano? Would be awesome...
Unhealer - 23.08.2013 at 23:44
Looks like new singer is part of a "legendary band" and very close to the guys of Bloodbath...

News Morbus Chron - Sign With Century Media, To Release Vinyl And Record New Album 5.5 15.03.2012 by aporyon
News Ensiferum - To Record New Album This Fall 5.5 10.07.2014 by FeskarN
News The Project Hate MCMXCIX - Gather Enough Donations To Record New Album 5.5 11.01.2012 by Susan
News Swallow The Sun - Prepares To Record New Album 5.5 25.08.2006 by CyGuy6587
News Blind Guardian - Releasing New Single, New Album In January 5.5 10.10.2014 by Clintagram