So, the wait is over. Italian masters of epic symphonic metal Luca Turilli's Rhapsody just revealed the title for their upcoming album: Prometheus - Symfonia Ignis Divinis, which will be recorded and mixed once again in the Backyard Studios of Sebastian Roeder (Kempten, Germany) and released via Nuclear Blast in 2014. This will be the second album for Luca Turilli's Rhapsody after the split with the original Rhapsody Of Fire. Will the band top the acclaimed Ascending To Infinity?

The first statement by the band was: "This album is very important to all of us. Behind it there is the ambitious goal of creating one of the most epic and cinematic albums ever written."

While the band's singer, Alessandro Conti, had this to say: "Prepare yourselves for an amazing journey ranging from the myths and legends of the past to the unexplored borders of space and time, the revelations of quantum mechanics and beyond, while exploring the multi-dimensional levels of psyche and consciousness and the intimate secrets of heart and soul on the path of spiritual evolution. In short words: a roller-coaster ride of extreme emotions. Be ready!"

While this is the even more sober statement of Luca Turilli himself: "I recently gave birth to my company Luca Turilli Music Productions and have partnered with great artists such as the US producer/re-mixer/mixer Allen Morgan (U2, Nine Inch Nails, Taylor Swift) and the Czech conductor Petr Pololanik (nominated for 'Hollywood Music in Media Awards' in 2011) to start composing emotional music with impact, mainly for the world of cinema and the videogames. What I can say is that I am composing, writing and producing the guitar parts and the orchestral and choral arrangements for this new Rhapsody album in the same exact way I would and will do it while scoring movie trailers or videogame soundtracks. Therefore expect moments of high tension, pure action and adrenalin for a final result never heard before. In other words: the definitive consecration of CINEMATIC METAL!"

The band has also released a trailer for the upcoming album, which you can enjoy below:

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Luca Turilli's Rhapsody

Posted: 06.11.2013 by R Lewis

Comments

Nemo Atkins - 06.11.2013 at 17:24
That was rather quick. I've still not worn out the last one!

The pressure is now on Rhapsody of Fire to produce a good album...
R Lewis - 06.11.2013 at 17:31
Written by Nemo Atkins on 06.11.2013 at 17:24

The pressure is now on Rhapsody of Fire to produce a good album...

Well, the first song kinda worried me...
WarriorFenix - 06.11.2013 at 18:13
That trailer

Showed us absolutely nothing, more suited to be a movie than an ablum.
dark_mar - 06.11.2013 at 22:20
Why they involve movie adv to music:) so funny:) Get ready ! Guitars will kill and speakers will blow!!!!!!!!!! hahahaha
EmeraldSword - 06.11.2013 at 23:47
I agree with WarriorFenix... I was expecting something like "the time has come.... for the final conclusion.... to an epic journey of the magic and wizardry of Harry Potter." Joke aside, I think this was more of a "teaser" than a "trailer" with all the background fading to black and voice narration without Luca's guitar appeal. If anything, my expectations are raised, but I guess we'll have to wait and see until next year.
LeChron James - 07.11.2013 at 04:12
The plot thickens...
AngelofDeth - 07.11.2013 at 09:21
That was thee most epic album trailer I've ever seen, ever.
Gothmog_Motsham - 07.11.2013 at 11:49
Rhapsody of Fire Vs. Luca Turilli's Rhapsody...let the best band win *grabs popcorn and a plastic sword*
DieH@rd - 08.11.2013 at 02:00
1st album was awesome, cant wait for this one!

Although I must admit, I am missing the linear structure of storytelling that was present in old Rhapsody/RoF/ProphetOfTheLastEclipse albums.
DeathSlyzer - 15.11.2013 at 03:39
I did like Ascending To Infinity, so I have faith that they can impress again.

However, the new Rhapsody of Fire album has leaked, and I just finished listening to that one about an hour ago. It's strange, but none of these two bands have the exact same style as they did when they were one band. I am not leaning too much on one side, but I think I'm gonna have to prefer Rhapsody of Fire, seeing as I'm almost all in it for Fabio. I have also become quite the keyboard geek recently, and that seems to be a good thing here.

News Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - New Album Confirmed For June 2014 10.5 23.04.2013 by R Lewis
News Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - New Album Release Postponed 10.5 11.06.2014 by Shankao
News Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Three New Songs Streaming Online 10.5 27.06.2012 by Stabby
News Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - New Album Title And Tracklist Revealed 10 31.01.2012 by LeChron James
News Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - New Album Cover Unveiled 8.5 27.02.2012 by Windrider