The much awaited new Amon Amarth video for the track "Father Of The Wolf" has finally been unveiled. The Swedes promised that the "Father Of The Wolf" mini-movie/video world premiere live would happen at the Las Vegas House Of Blues yesterday and it did. Now the epic production video is also available on YouTube which means you can watch it now here. You might remember this song from Amon Amarth's latest musical offering Deceiver Of The Gods, released last year.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Amon Amarth

Posted: 18.01.2014 by Michaelis

Comments

Zender 1.8 - 18.01.2014 at 13:46
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Inshushinak - 18.01.2014 at 13:54
Finally after a loooong time waiting
Hatebeard - 18.01.2014 at 22:12
FUCKING FANTASTIC! I think my beard just grew another 6 - 8 inches after watching this...
Traezeus - 18.01.2014 at 22:24
Pretty badass.
TheMetalMan17 - 19.01.2014 at 02:01
This is awesome. Nice to see new Amon Amarth videos.
AngelofDeth - 19.01.2014 at 02:05
Why do metal videos always have to suck? The story was virtually non-existent, FX laughable and the directing/editing was way too frenetic. And for all the effort put into production they really couldn't think of any better place to show the band playing than a generic soundstage?
Machiavelli - 19.01.2014 at 02:54
It is rare when you find a metal music video you like... and I will again have to continue on from here. Crap.
Ace Frawley - 19.01.2014 at 09:53
Great band, great song but a pretty ridiculous and overly long clip. I don't think bands make many good clips these days anyway, especially in the metal scene. It's a dying art, perhaps.
Troy Killjoy - 19.01.2014 at 10:26
Written by Ace Frawley on 19.01.2014 at 09:53

Did they make better videos back in the day or something? (Serious question. I usually don't bother with music videos.)
Ace Frawley - 19.01.2014 at 10:29
Written by Troy Killjoy on 19.01.2014 at 10:26

Written by Ace Frawley on 19.01.2014 at 09:53

Yep.
Troy Killjoy - 19.01.2014 at 10:36
Written by Ace Frawley on 19.01.2014 at 10:29
Yep.

Are we talking specifically about AA videos or are we going back into like the '80s and '90s as a whole?
Ace Frawley - 19.01.2014 at 10:41
Written by Troy Killjoy on 19.01.2014 at 10:36

Written by Ace Frawley on 19.01.2014 at 10:29
Yep.

Not AA and not even metal, but just popular music and the videos that have been made in the past. I think there are still good ones being made, that are interesting and really suit the song. Some examples that come to my mind (and remember, I don't watch a lot of videos either) are the clip for "Civilization Collapse" by Kreator or the clip for "Love as a Weapon" by Darkest Hour. Still, I might be acting like an old man in decrying that things were better in the past than they are now.
Troy Killjoy - 19.01.2014 at 10:45
Written by Ace Frawley on 19.01.2014 at 10:41

Eh, you might have a point. I tend to feel this way about movies in general so I could see it applying to music videos as well.

As for this video - aside from promotional purposes I don't see the point of it. It looks amateurish, and not in a good way.
Loathera - 19.01.2014 at 11:51
I liked the live action stuff but the CGI was utterly laughable.
s_t_s - 19.01.2014 at 13:09
Have to move forward a few minutes to see if there would finally be some music to be included in this movie I woumd have contended with the music video only
Vombatus - 19.01.2014 at 18:28
Video looks very amon amart-ish, bland with lots of fanfare for nothing that is. Oh and the computer effects suck big time. At least it's on the same level as the song...
Super_Greg - 19.01.2014 at 20:57
LET ME GUESS....there are vikings in this video, and possibly a battle/fighting? xD
Hatebeard - 19.01.2014 at 22:03
Written by Troy Killjoy on 19.01.2014 at 10:26

Written by Ace Frawley on 19.01.2014 at 09:53

No, not really...and they were mostly just the band on a set pretending to play the song with some fancy camera work thrown in, which is done even better nowadays because of new technologies. Also, when anyone attempted to do anything remotely close to what this video does, they used cheesetastic animatronics, and primitive computer effects that looked a hundred times more ridiculous than today's CGI. These codgers stuck back in the 80's and 90's just can't remove the nostalgia goggles long enough to appreciate anything new being done nowadays, that's all.

Granted, CGI can be done a lot better than this, but this isn't a big budget Hollywood movie set to make hundreds of millions of dollars, it's an Amon Amarth video that dares to visualize the subject matter of their music...which isn't easy even when done inside the mind of the listener.

I think it takes balls to make stuff like this nowadays because the jaded, overcritical, self anointed experts are hiding behind every corner waiting to pounce.
Ace Frawley - 20.01.2014 at 02:29
Written by Guest on 19.01.2014 at 22:03

Written by Troy Killjoy on 19.01.2014 at 10:26

Written by Ace Frawley on 19.01.2014 at 09:53

Settle down, mate. I just don't like it much. There's no law saying everyone has to like something.
deadone - 20.01.2014 at 03:42
Written by Guest on 19.01.2014 at 22:03

I'm stuck in the 80s and 90s but I don't think the video clips were any better back then.

Most video clips are boring shots of the band looking generic.

Very few stand out regardless of age or genre.

There has been a few great clips in the last decade or two - this is just off the top of my head:

Cradle of Filth - Her Ghost in the Fog
Cradle of Filth - From The Cradle to Enslave - Cradle of Filth

Dimmu Borgir - The Sacrilegious Scorn
Disillusion - Don't Go Any Further

Keep of Kalessin - Ascendant
Kreator - Enemy of God

Lamb of God - Redneck

Nightwish - The Islander

Pig Destroyer - The Diplomat

Revocation - The Grip Tightens
Joodicator - 20.01.2014 at 11:54
Gee, you're right. I just went through my YT playlist of standout music videos and hardly any of them are metal. There's only one real good metal music video I can think of that isn't a comedy video (intentionally or not, hello Immortal) and that's the one for Ghost Brigade's Clawmaster.

As for this one by AA, GEMA blocks it so I can't really comment.
edw - 21.01.2014 at 21:34
Energic and full of vitality!
MetalSpider - 26.01.2014 at 19:19
A good video by Amon Amarth. Yes, it's cheesy and the special effects aren't exactly top notch, but it was fun. I definitely appreciate the work that went into it.

Written by Joodicator on 20.01.2014 at 11:54

As for this one by AA, GEMA blocks it so I can't really comment.

Ghost Brigade's Clawmaster is a pretty awesome video no doubt!

News Amon Amarth - Cry Of The Black Birds Video 9 06.03.2007 by RavenLord
News Amon Amarth - Video Recording For Twilight Of The Thunder God 9 27.08.2008 by MetalSpider
News Amon Amarth - Upcoming Album Preview Released 7.5 17.06.2013 by Carl Berg
News Amon Amarth - Enter The Studio 7.5 30.04.2008 by Bad English
News Amon Amarth - Cover Art For "Twilight Of The Thunder God" Revealed! 7.5 28.07.2008 by Warman