American band Wolves In The Throne Room has recently revealed more about their upcoming full-length release. The new recordings from the atmospheric black metallers have been confirmed for a 2014 release and will have the title Celestite. Taking a different approach than their previous LPs, Celestite is a completely newly envisioned, parallel-universe version of Celestial Lineage. The upcoming release will also mark another new venture for the duo; the inaugural release on their own new label, Diadem Records.

Album description: "Celestite arises with a whole new, ethereal approach. There are no drums and no vocals. Rather, deep, heavy crystalline synthesizer journeying, Eno-inspired analog processing and arcane acoustic instrumentation expand upon dimensions folded within the universe of Celestial Lineage."

The Weavers explain: "To make Celestite, we delved into the subterranean sonics that are buried in the mix of Celestial Lineage. We isolated them, processed them and took this unearthed soundscape as our starting point. Upon this base we recorded an entirely new album. Some melodies from Celestial Lineage are recognizable, but these familiar sounds appear as ghosts, barely tethered to the original compositions. This new album is an unorthodox foray; a fully instrumental, experimental companion record to Celestial Lineage. We left some work undone with Celestial Lineage. The recording of that album in the Winter of 2011 was a monumental project for us personally, and the creative fire from those recording sessions was still burning. This recording process was an opportunity to journey into our own inner universe to complete that which needed to be completed."

The band says about the label: "Diadem Records is the imprint we created to release Celestite and future albums. Most importantly for us, working on this album has revealed a whole new vein of creative energy for WITTR. Now that the long trip of creating this album is finished, our appetite is whetted for future projects, thus we feel it necessary to pre-empt the inevitable chatter that will accompany the release of this record. Wolves In The Throne Room has not permanently abandoned the guitar and drums! We sense that one day — perhaps sooner, perhaps later — we will be inspired to return to our stacks of amplifiers and cabinets to create new music."

You can expect samples of the music created for Celestite as well as the album's cover art, release dates and more in the weeks ahead.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Wolves In The Throne Room

Posted: 31.01.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

Mr. Doctor - 31.01.2014 at 13:29
This could be either pretty damn sweet ambient music... Or pretty fucking boring. I'm very curious!
Gothmog_Motsham - 31.01.2014 at 13:32
As a Dark Ambient fanatic and amateur musician I find this very, VERY interesting! Looking forward to this!
mz - 31.01.2014 at 13:41
Despite my overall interest in experimental music, I don't know what to think about this. Please don't go to " ah ah ...eternal beauty...shoegaze..." approach.
Mr. Doctor - 31.01.2014 at 14:00
Written by mz on 31.01.2014 at 13:41

Well, they won't have any vocals so there won't be any "ah ah" moments at least! I'm hoping for a dronish ambient album, I don't mind if they have some shoegaze but only if they use it just as a spice of sorts.
mz - 31.01.2014 at 14:14
Written by Mr. Doctor on 31.01.2014 at 14:00

yeah my fault sir. I was merely meaning that I'm afraid of possibility of a shoegaze reocord. A drone/ambient album would be good, although I am having doubt that these two guys can do a drone/ambient stuff as good as their black metal. Let's see what happens...
Draugen - 31.01.2014 at 14:45
Eh... I'm very skeptical about this but fingers crossed that it ends up as a positive surprise.
Apothecary - 31.01.2014 at 15:20
Written by Mr. Doctor on 31.01.2014 at 14:00

There were two short ambient tracks on the last album, Rainbow Illness and the other one, that just used a bunch of effects and nature sounds and shit. I'd like to see them dig into some longer tracks within that vein, if those two were any hint as to what they'll be doing in the future, I think I can say I'll be pretty pleased
Apothecary - 31.01.2014 at 15:22
The no drums thing bothers me a bit... I hope this will just be in regards to an actual drum kit, and that they won't abandon percussion altogether, because folk percussion instruments always go great with a transcendental, tree-hugger type theme
Chobo_jokeR - 31.01.2014 at 15:52
I was thrilled to hear they are doing a new album…I was not thrilled to hear what they planned to do with new said album. I loved their ambient tracks on Celestial Lineage, because they were the perfect bridge between songs. I'm skeptical whether an entire album of these ambient tracks will be as impacting as the two on Celestial Lineage. Oh well, they're one of my favourite bands, so I'm not going to abandon them. Could end up being spectacular.
Mr. Doctor - 31.01.2014 at 16:30
Written by Apothecary on 31.01.2014 at 15:22

I don't really mind the lack of drums, maybe it'd get a more floaty atmosphere that way. I'm worried about the length though. Hopefully it won't be too long because it's easy to get bored if not much is going on (even if I'm a fan of drone/ambient). Around 40 minites would be appropriate imo.
InnerSelf - 31.01.2014 at 17:50
Btw this is not new material, it's a sort of remake of Celestial Lineage as I understood. I trust that WitTR won't disappoint either way.
BoxCar Willy - 31.01.2014 at 18:15
I have a bad feeling about this.
Erik M. - 31.01.2014 at 20:57
Written by BoxCar Willy on 31.01.2014 at 18:15

I have a bad feeling about this.

Have to agree with you, granted you're not being sarcastic.

To me this doesn't sound overly appealing. I love the first two WITTR albums and the last two were good/great as well, but seeing as this isn't new material, as well as the new sound this album will apparently have, I also can't say I'm looking forward to it a lot.
Opethian - 02.02.2014 at 22:31
I want BLACK METAL! Ambient music can get boring and drag on. Fingers crossed. I'm hoping this turns out better then Agallochs new album
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 04.02.2014 at 22:20
Celestial Lineage was my favourite album by them and I LOVED the ambient interludes, so I can completely understand them into much longer extensions. I mean, hey if this is expected to sound more like the interludes and Woodland Cathedral. Then I'm all for it! ...Although I'll be finding it hard to accept the absence of drums and mouth. At least they've told us so beforehand.

News Wolves In The Throne Room - New Album Details, North American Tour Announced 13.5 27.07.2011 by Marcus
News Wolves In The Throne Room - New Album Nears Completion 12 11.07.2011 by BitterCOld
News Wolves In The Throne Room - Re-Releasing Two Hunters Album On Double LP 10.5 16.07.2012 by chronic-headache
News Wolves In The Throne Room - New Song Streaming Online 10.5 15.08.2011 by !J.O.O.E.!
News Wolves In The Throne Room - Another New Song Online 10.5 04.09.2011 by Marcus