Shogunate Macabre, the new album by the Finnish melodic death/power metal band Whispered, is now available for streaming online and in full. It's offered by Finnish metal media Inferno.fi. The album will be officially released on the 7th of February but why wait? You can listen to the album at this location.

What are your thoughts about the album?

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Whispered

Posted: 03.02.2014 by BloodJuNkie

Comments

BloodJuNkie - 03.02.2014 at 17:18
Sadly, Thousand Swords was way better. This album is groovey but it lacked the awesome solos (except for Unrestrained) and the spectacular key-boards like the 1st album. It's just my opinion though. I only enjoyed "Jikininki, Lady of The Wind, Unrestrained & Upon - My - Honor".
JÄY - 03.02.2014 at 19:51
Written by BloodJuNkie on 03.02.2014 at 17:18

For me they made every change I was h
oping they were gong to. Better vocals and more consistent
BloodJuNkie - 03.02.2014 at 20:58
Written by JÄY on 03.02.2014 at 19:51

For me they made every change I was h
oping they were gong to. Better vocals and more consistent

Agreed on those, but add to them "more boring" .. I knew this was going to happen once they announced that there'll be no keyboards in this album. Except the songs i mentioned above the album is just groove with some Japanese influences. No nice riffs no amazing solos :/
AngelofDeth - 03.02.2014 at 23:29
Written by BloodJuNkie on 03.02.2014 at 20:58

I totally agree, more boring and definitely needed the keyboards and much less orchestration - namely the choirs, not the traditional japanese stuff. What a shame. It seems they were really gunning for that record deal(which didn't even pan out btw) as if they took there trademark style and asked themselves, how can we make this more generic? And so they did, the riffs are trying to hard to be "metal" and the orchestrations sound like some cheap Dimmu knock off, which is also incredibly generic atm. I wish instead they just embraced their quirky and unique style of "Thousands Swords" and developed and polished it further.

The only song I whole-heartedly enjoy is "Hold the Sword", which is probably one of my favorite of theirs to date but the rest is entirely sub-par for a band with so much potential.
BloodJuNkie - 04.02.2014 at 06:05
Written by AngelofDeth on 03.02.2014 at 23:29

Yeah right. IMO the only song that reminds me of Thousand Swords is "Unrestrained". "Jikininki" is brutal but not too bad and "Lady of The Wind" is the only successful song in that new style of them IMO. This album can be just a fall down and they may return back to their 1st album's style in the upcoming album, i wish so.
BloodJuNkie - 04.02.2014 at 06:45
The albums gets better after giving it more listens, but i still prefer Thousand Swords!
Zadion - 04.02.2014 at 10:10
Wow, I'm a bit surprised nigh all of the comments are backlash. I'm in my first listen right now, but so far I'm thoroughly loving it. I'd say Thousand Swords is better, but it needs multiple listens before I can make that judgment.

News De Magia Veterum - New Album Available For Streaming 8.5 15.10.2012 by Pazdzioch
News Keep Of Kalessin - Entire New Album Available For Streaming 8.5 30.05.2008 by Bad English
News Hardcore Superstar - Entire New Album Available For Streaming 8.5 31.05.2009 by Doc Godin
News Killswitch Engage - New Album Available For Streaming 8.5 24.06.2009 by Uirapuru
News Derelict Earth - New Album Available For Streaming And Download 8.5 17.12.2012 by Derelict Earth