Official statement from Metal Blade:

Metal Blade Records is excited to announce that Americans Nonpoint will join its global roster of artists. Metal Blade will serve as the label home for the band worldwide, in addition to the band's label partner in North America. Nonpoint's eighth full-length album is scheduled for release this fall.

"This is a dream situation for us. Just getting an offer from Metal Blade. We've always needed a team behind us outside of the U.S. It's a great feeling knowing you now have the best team possible" says Elias Soriano, the band's vocalist.

Drummer Robb Rivera comments: "We are excited to not only get the worldwide label of labels to release our album outside of the US, but to be part of a family now that has pretty much set the bar for metal releases for 30 plus years. Needless to say, extremely excited to be able to get our music to the fans outside of the US through the team that helped launch Metallica."

Brian Slagel of Metal Blade Records adds: "All of us at Metal Blade are happy to welcome Nonpoint to the Metal Blade family. We are excited to work with them and the bit of new material I heard sounds great!"

Source: metalblade.com
Band profile: Nonpoint

Posted: 28.03.2014 by Abattoir

Comments

Cynic Metalhead - 28.03.2014 at 10:12
Is that the same band who toured with P.O.D.( Payable on Death)?
psykometal - 28.03.2014 at 11:17
Yes, Ambrish. I'm also scratching my head about this one. Since when does Nonpoint play anything even remotely close to Metal Blade caliber metal, or since when does Metal Blade sign Nu/Alt metal bands?
Spirit Molecule - 28.03.2014 at 11:34
Written by psykometal on 28.03.2014 at 11:17

Well, I've never heard of these guys, but if they are touring enough and have a lot of fans, a label will have no problem signing them. Also the label will figure that they can push their music well and the band could make them a little money.
Also it's all about networking and contacts and how the band really promotes themselves I guess. If they've got the right contacts, it isn't too hard to imagine them getting signed, even if the music isn't that great. I mean, it's not like metal blade has been releasing anything spectacular in the last few years apart from The Ocean I guess.
psykometal - 28.03.2014 at 11:56
Of course I'm aware of all that. My question was more rhetorical than serious. But anyone who knows metal and follows labels knows that Metal Blade has a stereotype of bands they sign (like most labels), and that Nonpoint does not fit that stereotype.

My opinion of the label is neither improved nor lessened by their decision, it's just one of those out of left field situations that probably no Metal Blade fans or followers saw coming.
Cynic Metalhead - 28.03.2014 at 17:36
Written by Spirit Molecule on 28.03.2014 at 11:34

Written by psykometal on 28.03.2014 at 11:17

but if they are touring enough and have a lot of fans, a label will have no problem signing them. .

As they already started with Nonpoint, I guess they should sign Linkin Park too.

News Ensiferum - Sign Worldwide Deal With Metal Blade 10 24.04.2013 by moe5512
News Slough Feg - Ink Worldwide Deal With Metal Blade Records 8.5 15.01.2013 by Vasil de Shumen
News King Diamond - Sign New Deal With Metal Blade Records 8.5 03.12.2012 by ManiacBlasphemer
News Týr - Sign With Metal Blade Records 7 14.09.2012 by ArcesseEum