Good news for Pensées Nocturnes fans. The one-man black metal project of Vaerohn will get the vinyl treatment since the Finnish label Blood Music will release its second album Grotesque (2010) on vinyl. According to the label, you can expect a deluxe vinyl of Grotesque in 2015 with more details to follow soon.

Meanwhile, you can always give Grotesque another spin on Bandcamp. Pensées Nocturnes latest release was Nom D'une Pipe! released in 2013.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Pensées Nocturnes

Posted: 28.04.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

Alex Fenger - 28.04.2014 at 15:39
I really wish they did this with Vacuum instead. That album is so much better than anything else they've done
Apothecary - 29.04.2014 at 03:13
Written by Alex Fenger on 28.04.2014 at 15:39

You mean that *he's done
And I personally prefer Grotesque, as the title implies, it's a lot uglier than anything else Vaerohn's put out, but it's beautiful with the neoclassical elements as well, so I think it strikes a balance between the two that none of his other albums have.
Alex Fenger - 29.04.2014 at 05:16
Written by Apothecary on 29.04.2014 at 03:13

You mean that *he's done

That's true, I momentarily forgot that it was just one guy. And the debut really captures my attention and speaks to me on an emotional level whereas his other stuff I simply find enjoyable for a listen every couple of months.
Apothecary - 29.04.2014 at 05:34
Written by Alex Fenger on 29.04.2014 at 05:16

The debut really captures my attention and speaks to me on an emotional level whereas his other stuff I simply find enjoyable for a listen every couple of months.

Indeed, I've seen that most people hold Vacuum in the highest regard as far as the discography as a whole is concerned. Grotesque is my favorite though, and the newest album is so-so. Messy at some points, genius at others.

Albums Pensées Nocturnes - Nom D'une Pipe! 5 09.09.2012 by Alex Fenger