The Sirens - Liv Kristine, Anneke Van Giersbergen & Kari Rueslåtten In Concert

Three great female metal singers will join forces for a few shows across Europe this year. Liv Kristine, Anneke van Giersbergen and Kari Rueslåtten, will be together on stage. They will perform old material from their past bands, such as The Gathering, The 3rd And The Mortal and Theatre Of Tragedy, as well as some material from their careers as solo artists and also duets.

The dates so far with more to be announced soon:

14.10.2014 - GER - Bonn, Harmonie
15.10.2014 - FRA - Colmar, Le Grillen
16.10.2014 - UK - London, Proud
18.10.2014 - BEL - Wieze, Metal Female Voices Fest
17.12.2014 - NED - Zoetermeer, Boerderij
18.12.2014 - GER - Jena, F-Haus
19.12.2014 - GER - Nagold, Alte Seminarturnhalle
20.12.2014 - FRA - Paris, Divan Du Monde

The seeds for The Sirens were planted when Anneke approached Kari in early 2013 with the proposal of doing a duet for her Drive album (released in 2013). Regarded by Anneke as an inspiration going in to do The Gathering's breakthrough album, Mandylion, her intention was to pay tribute to Kari via the collaboration. The song didn't make the final cut as it didn't fit the album, but they remained in touch. Then, in July 2013 Anneke and Liv had a chance meeting at the Masters Of Rock festival in the Czech Republic, and The Sirens concept was born.

"We had a few minutes only to talk in between our gigs," Liv recalls, "but we agreed that we really should get together and tour. We both had to smile then, thinking that we were, with Kari, the 'originals' within our scene. Moreover, all three of us being mothers and still highly busy in music and art. Anneke told me that she had just talked to Kari, and that was the 'go' for The Sirens."

"I find it hard to believe that I once inspired them," Kari admits, "but if so it is truly flattering. It is a fantastic feeling to know that I will be singing live with two such amazing vocalists!"

"The female fronted scene has become so big all over the world, sometimes it's hard to believe the three of us were at the very beginning of it," says Anneke. "I am very proud of that. Without intentionally wanting to start a new genre, our bands made it okay to sound and look as a girl singer on a metal stage. It was all very new and exciting. I think the tour is great to, in a way, celebrate those early days now that a third-wave of bands is appearing on the scene."

There are noteworthy parallels in the lives of Kari, Anneke and Liv that bind them together. All three fronted influential bands, they went on to have lucrative solo careers and remain active, and they've successfully balanced music with family life.

"I'm looking forward to it a lot," Anneke says. "Making music with kindred spirits is such a wonderful feeling. I also love harmonizing with more than one singer on stage, so that will be a cool aspect of the show as well."

"The fans have been waiting for this for years and years," Liv adds. "I can't wait to share stage with Kari and Anneke. They are absolutely lovely and we have so much in common. This is a kind of magic."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Theatre Of Tragedy

Posted: 03.06.2014 by toxx

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 34   Visited by: 147 users
05.06.2014 - 00:46
Bad English
Masterchief
Written by Erik M. on 04.06.2014 at 23:05

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 04.06.2014 at 13:03

Damn, I don't like Anneke's vocals after Nighttime Birds and i don't like The Gathering after Always (except for Mandylion), but saying "Anneke role in metal is week," shows the total lack of any metal knowledge whatsoever on K7's part. And again proving that het totally IS the dumbest most braindead ridiculous person around here on MS. Like has been stated by other posters here, Anneke had and still has an immensely important role in metal. Way more important than Liv (talk about non-metal vocals, goddamn) and Kari will ever reach.

What Edgar said is indeed not true at all. As I said, I'm not a fan, but if you don't like a certain band/musician, it doesn't mean it immediately has less significance. Btw, I also think only the first two albums are really worth it, though while your favourite is the debut, mine is Mandylion. I also think it's strange to refer to clean female vocals as "metal" or "non-metal".

non metal I mean a non metal music what her solo band play not singing ... music meldies what Anneke do... even Liv is more metal music sound, guitars, instruments even she has strong feminin voice, non of 3 singers music sound is metal after original bands

about Marcel's stupid post what is 100% idiotic no wonder why dutch cant win WC, maybe all players are so stupid and dont follow coach LOL

well eteast I am still here and I am not teenager who was at site listen good metal bands. then 21 get meried, have 3 kids and now at 31 listens some pop music on local radio when dives... dont think ppl who listens pop and did Mayhem at teenage years are metalheads ... and we have such users in this site, well we had
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.06.2014 - 12:16
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Erik M. on 04.06.2014 at 23:00

Written by Bad English on 03.06.2014 at 15:01

Well outside metal genre, I dont think Gathering is good music, boring IMO as some top prog bands, I get pissed and bored from this, primitive Ac/DC riffs every day you will be happy, its enought whit Anneke or Gathering to next year you dont wanna hear it

Not a fan of The Gathering by any means, but the debut is great, Mandylion is their best and Nighttime Birds is "good", but inferior to the first two albums.

You like Almost A Dance? That album is terrible. If you mean Mandylion that is their third album not second.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.06.2014 - 22:22
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
I'm having such a good time reading this discussion
----
06.06.2014 - 22:41
Erik M.
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 05.06.2014 at 12:16

Oh damn, I screwed up. I totally forgot about Almost a Dance being the 2nd album. Hell, I haven't even heard it. I was referring to Always..., Mandylion and Nighttime Birds, of which Mandylion is my favourite, then the debut and then Nighttime Birds.