It's now official: Faith No More are releasing a new album! After hinting that they were getting creative, bassist Bill Gould told Rolling Stone that the alternative metal giants are set to release their seventh album, their first in 18 years, in April 2015. So, Faith No More are making a new record to follow Album Of The Year. In fact, they are recording it already.

The record will be an independent product produced by Gould, recorded in their Oakland rehearsal space and released on their own imprint, Reclamation Records (which will be distributed by frontman Mike Patton's long-running label, Ipecac Recordings).

"The name has to do with the fact that we realized we were free from our recording obligations," says Gould. "We weren't touring, we have these songs that we were working on that we think are pretty cool and why don't we just do our own imprint and kind of reclaim our future, in a way? We own the future more than we ever have."

The album's first single, "Motherfucker," a song they premiered in London's Hyde Park in July, will be released on a 7" due for a November 28th release and limited to 5,000 copies as part of Record Store Day's Black Friday. The B-side will be a remix by electronic art-pop sound designer J.G. Thirlwell.

The band also plans to tour the U.S. around the album's release.

Another big comeback on the horizon. How excited are you?

Courtesy of the band's Facebook page

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Faith No More

Posted: 02.09.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

bleak - 02.09.2014 at 19:45
This is fucking exciting!
Loendt - 02.09.2014 at 21:43
The Alt-Metal kings are fucking back!
Bugbear - 02.09.2014 at 23:43
Hell yes! I can't wait! It has been too long.
Jiri - 03.09.2014 at 02:02
Jiri is hella hyped!
deadone - 03.09.2014 at 02:37
Deadone is both hyped and scared. This could be brilliant or it could be bollocks.
Fat & Sassy! - 03.09.2014 at 02:57
Primus made an awesome comeback, and if Faith No More can do the same... I'ma crie gaiz. I'ma crie. ;_;
BitterCOld - 03.09.2014 at 03:31
Count me in on the hyped club.
Boxcar Willy - 03.09.2014 at 04:36
This Motherfucker is excited.
Ace Frawley - 03.09.2014 at 05:17
Is Jim Martin involved?
Diverge - 03.09.2014 at 05:31
Good news!
deadone - 03.09.2014 at 05:36
Written by Ace Frawley on 03.09.2014 at 05:17

Is Jim Martin involved?

No. Guitartist on new album will be Jon Hudson who played on Album Of The Year. I'm cranking that album right now - it's a bit inconsistent at times but songs like "Ashes To Ashes" are some of FNM's best in my opinion. I wouldn't expect much metallic riffing as such. The guitars on AOTY are ok but nothing special. They were still better than a lot of stuff coming out then in the alternative rock world.

But knowing FNM, this album could be something entirely different!

The two news songs "Motherfucker" and "Superhero (Leader Of Men)" might give some vague idea as to what new FNM might be like:

Superhero is cool but Motherfucker is a bit lame and sounds like almost a joke. Superhero at times reminds me of modern Metallica - where Mike Patton sings Leader of Men, it sounds like Metallica for some reason!
Doc Godin - 03.09.2014 at 08:06
Normally I'm a bit skeptical about comebacks...but Patton has been putting out awesome stuff for years since the last album, I can't imagine this being crap.
s_t_s - 03.09.2014 at 10:57
I stopped following Faith No More after "king for a day" but that band really kicked ass and I hope they still do !
Ace Frawley - 03.09.2014 at 11:54
I'm not really interested in this comeback but I think I'll get out my old cassette of The Real Thing and play that in the cassette deck tonight as I clean the kitchen and remember my youth.
Marcel Hubregtse - 03.09.2014 at 14:59
Written by Ace Frawley on 03.09.2014 at 11:54

Same here. Not really interested. FNM stopped being interesting for me after Angeldust. The Real Thing, Introduce Yourself and Angeldust is where it's at for me with FNM.
Will check out the comeback album once it is released, but I don't have any high hopes for it at all.
Nick K. - 03.09.2014 at 19:29
This is good news.
Bugbear - 03.09.2014 at 19:40
Motherfucker is a little weak, but I liked Superhero. I thought it sounded like something between King for a Day and Album of the Year.
deadone - 04.09.2014 at 05:02
I think both King for a Day and Album of the Year had a few great moments but were inconsistent on the whole. Too much genre bending madness which creates a disjointed listening affair. Ironically it was the heavier moments that were often not as good, especially on Album of the Year.
Karlabos - 04.09.2014 at 05:41
Should be interesting. Although faith no more is the least appealing of mike Patton's projects I'm gonna keep an eye on this
Ace Frawley - 04.09.2014 at 14:06
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.09.2014 at 14:59

We have found some common ground. I lost interest after Angel Dust (which is a brilliant album) too. I won't bother with the comeback album though.
Marcel Hubregtse - 04.09.2014 at 14:11
Written by Ace Frawley on 04.09.2014 at 14:06

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.09.2014 at 14:59

Maybe Jim Martin leaving the band after Angel Dust is what made the impact for you and I. I think Martin's contribution to the band's sound was a lot bigger than most people make it out to be. Martin was the metalhead of the band.
Ace Frawley - 05.09.2014 at 00:11
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 04.09.2014 at 14:11

Yes, I think that was probably a big factor, for sure.
deadone - 05.09.2014 at 07:13
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 04.09.2014 at 14:11

The band was always a battleground too between Billy Gould and Jim Martin. Once Jim left, Billy Gould could dominate. Jim Martin himself said the band has ceased to be a collaboration whilst Angel Dust was being written and he was fired not long after that album.

The guitars have progressively been pushed to the back with each successive album. Trey Spruance was effectively a merc brought in for King For A Day.... I don't think Jon Hudson is that great - he is credited as main song writer for most of Album of the Year and incidentally this is their weakest album with Patton and the guitars have been pushed to right to the back and neutered. I also heard the name of the album is sarcastic - apparently no-one was happy with the album.
musclassia - 08.09.2014 at 05:17
I was at Hyde park when they premiered the two songs - I haven't bothered listening since but i remember thinking the motherfucker song was a bit lame but the other one was decent. Despite how much I love the band I don't have especially high hopes considering their last great album was angel dust - king for a day has some good and great tracks but is inconsistent, and AOTY is the same story with less great songs. But then again Mike Patton has done a lot of different stuff in the last 20 years and pretty much comes with a reliable guarantee of at least some level of quality.

More than anything though, Im just hoping a new album means they continue to tour - I've already seen them twice recently, but will always be happy to catch them again especially in their own show rather than a festival.
Tristus Scriptor - 08.09.2014 at 09:16
I'm always happy to support artists returning that have given me such joy as I've grown throughout the years. Whatever it is like, as long as it's not horrible at what it's trying to pull off (like Megadeth getting all multi-genre in the oh-so-unbearable past for them); I'll be right there to partake. And one thing I can say is, they always do pull off their attempts, despite what WE want those things to be. (Might even possibly preorder this on vinyl, when/if it's possible. Never have disliked anything by them. Agreed to all the others who were praising Angel Dust, by the way. That shit's magic.)
LordHypnos - 09.09.2014 at 23:28
I'm a recent FNM fan, and I'm totally excited for the new album!

Sing, and rejoice, and sing, and rejoice!

News Haken - Share New Album Title, Release Date And More 7 22.06.2013 by tea[m]ster
News Cult Of Luna - Reveal New Album Release Date And More Tour Dates 7 05.11.2012 by Warman
News Scar Symmetry - Reveal New Album Release Dates And More 7 29.07.2014 by LeKiwi
News Enslaved - Announce New Album Title And Release Date 5.5 15.07.2010 by EpicMayhem
News 1349 - New Album Title, Cover And More Revealed 5.5 05.07.2014 by Electes