Dissection singer/guitarist Jon Nödtveidt announced in an exclusive interview segment with fans only on the band's website forum, titled 'An Interview by the Fans for The Fans', that the band has come to a close.

In the words of founder Jon Nödtveidt: "With Reinkaos we have reached the ending chapter. Dissection's work is done and this is our legacy."

On June 24th, 2006 the first European gig based on the material of Reinkaos will be performed. The first, as well as the last. The Midsummer Massacre will mark the victorious end of Dissection. "We will also make our first and last concert in Israel, as well as two final concerts on the American continent."

Source: dissection.nu
Band profile: Dissection
Event: Dissection Midsummer Massacre

Posted: 26.05.2006 by Promonex

Comments

Daru Jericho - 27.05.2006 at 18:45
What!? I'm so upset to hear about this. Dissection's Storm Of The Light's Bane is one of my favourite melodic black metal albums and I would have loved to see them live. Those Swedes that go to this final gig are so lucky.
kaos666 - 28.05.2006 at 21:11
I knew they would wrap it up with Reinkaos considering what a dissapointment the album was, they don't want to return so they put out a crap album to finish it all with.
matos - 29.05.2006 at 16:14
Written by Daru Jericho on 27.05.2006 at 18:45

i wouldn't be so upset if i were you. I am a big fan myself, but sice dissection have suffered their "rebirth" they don't play old stuff any more. Last year they had the last tour with their old music tour, now there is only the "goodbye tour" left :/
The Damned - 14.06.2006 at 21:39
I'm upset that they are calling it quits but I can understand why they are. Even though they will be gone they will always live with their fans I love Dissection and they are a huge influence on my band. They may be gone but they will remain one of my personall favorites forever. HAILZ TO DISSECTION! Let us fans give them a great farewell.

News Anterior - Calling It Quits, Announce Final Show 5.5 01.02.2012 by Iron Nostarion
News Mötley Crüe - Announce Final Tour, Calling It Quits 5.5 29.01.2014 by ManiacBlasphemer
News Defiance - Call It Quits 4 10.01.2012 by Troy Killjoy