During their headlining appearance on August 15 at Seoul Olympic Main Stadium in Seoul, South Korea, American Thrashers Metallica have played a second new song, tentatively dubbed as "The Other New Song". Click here.

Otherwise, a high quality video of Metallica performing the first new song as part of their recently completed "Escape From The Studio '06" European tour has been posted online at YouTube.com.

Source: blabbermouth.net
Band profile: Metallica

Posted: 22.08.2006 by Døc

Comments

maddog - 22.08.2006 at 14:30
bullshit
NoRb3 - 22.08.2006 at 14:43
It sounds like song from Load\Reload...I dont like the "wwoowowow yea yea"...
Jeff - 22.08.2006 at 14:59
Are you sure that it is Metallica ?

Because I'm quite sure that it is Blink 182 actually

They will have to stop this masquerade asap...
SeekTheDarkNess - 22.08.2006 at 15:34
Metallica! come on dudes, u can do beter than that
Der Meister - 22.08.2006 at 15:48
New song #1 was a lot better! I agree with NoRb3 about the Loadishness.
X-FrEaK - 22.08.2006 at 15:49
it stinks :|
Spyroid - 22.08.2006 at 17:20
Sounds like the Misfits... at least better than St. Crap. And the solo is cool, but well, all his solos sound the same
gid - 22.08.2006 at 19:49
Ugh. It really does sound like pop punk. Not my thing at all. But fair enough, if they want this to be their musical direction then fine.

There's just no flow to the song though. It sounds like a few riffs have been stuck together without any thought about song structure.
Damnated - 22.08.2006 at 21:21
'The New Song' is a decent one, acept when the vocals kick in: that part is horrible. James totally lost his majestic voice. I don't remember, though, hearing a double bass drum this clean in a Metallica song though. It's something new and good.
Baz Anderson - 22.08.2006 at 23:43
well I dont think I am even going to bother with the new album now. I prefer St. Anger to this

I just cant understand how they can sit there writing songs though and think "yeh - this would make a good song..."
Darth Satanious - 23.08.2006 at 01:17
A good approach to Kill 'Em All I would call this; the song is very Punkish with those fast leads kicking early and past the middle of the song (like the old formula). The way James' voice has changed from what it used to be is something that we all know and that I have mentioned before so it shouldn't come as a surprise. And yes NoRb3, that part kind of sucks and is what really takes the shine off the song there.
Darth Satanious - 23.08.2006 at 20:26
...and by the way: such a cute Korean girl shown at the beginning of the video. The guy or chick who did the editing receives some props from me.
Bas - 23.08.2006 at 20:38
the other new song is absolute and utter crap, every single good charlotte song sounds better imho, so it really is very bad, just as bad as st. anger, but in a different way, as for the first new song, here it sounds quite decent actually...
DLMokoma - 27.08.2006 at 17:25
haha. this sounds like a misfits-tribute or something like that. too bad they didn't put this on Garage Inc, it would have fit perfectly there. doesn't really sound Metallica.
Pianoman - 01.10.2006 at 00:05
For me the song is great. It sounds more like Load/Reload and for me thats good.
jadawal - 27.10.2006 at 00:01
Probably the worst Metallica song I have ever heard, way worse then St. Anger. I couldn't even watch/listen to the whole thing, absolute garbage punk/pop that sounds like papa roach or like....yeah blink 182 as someone said above. Two thumbs way down, way way down.
ThrashMetal_Rulz - 13.01.2007 at 03:04
The first new song is actualy pretty good, and I think it'll song much better on the music video:D. As for this second, it sucks even more then St. Anger! At least St. Anger was nu metal (still a type of metal), this second new song sounded like a crappy mainstream punk band.
BurbotsRevenge - 03.12.2007 at 09:06
new song #1 was decent, but this is just punk... really, they gotta sort out what theyre doing, unfortunatley i got a bad feeling bout next year...
Oracle - 04.12.2007 at 05:27
I find both of these 'New Songs' really boring. i had a listen to them and i didnt like them at all. I agree the second 'new song' sounded like fucking punk.

News Metallica - New Video Online 9 09.12.2008 by BloodTears