In a message (in French) posted at the band website, Anorexia Nervosa guitarist Stefan Bayle has announced that he has put the band in "stand-by" mode, fearing the group become "some sort of parody" of itself.

The decision comes following a failed search to secure a new vocalist for the band, following former singer Hreidmarr's departure from the group.

Although unable to predict when the band may resurface, Stefan hesitates to call this a split.

See Stefan's message at this location.

(Original source: http://bravewords.com)

Source: mother-anorexia.com
Band profile: Anorexia Nervosa

Posted: 23.11.2006 by Thryce

Comments

Basso - 23.11.2006 at 21:53
Not good
Bad English - 23.11.2006 at 21:59
Does thay find GF or what? Usualy sad nes comes when band sha sprivate life, like Beseech
AntaeusM - 23.11.2006 at 22:29
omg, I was shocked when I saw there was new news..but I am glad it was the old news from September.

I am so afraid they will split-up for definite, I just hope they somehow work things out, even when it doesn't look good

They are just way too good, and have way too much potential, for splitting up now. I just hope Hreidmarr returns one day..I see that as the only possible way to give this band the air it needs.

I just hope Hreidmarr changes his mind after he is done with the second album of the Count Nosferatu Kommando, even when he sees it as "an ending chapter" of his life, I can hardly imagine the guy will not miss the band after a while. Especially after seeing them live, they really were an unity.

oh well, let's just wait till they will release more news about it.
Thryce - 23.11.2006 at 22:55
Written by AntaeusM on 23.11.2006 at 22:29

oh well, let's just wait till they will release more news about it.

Uhu I was in the same situation when I saw the message on Bravewords (that's why I added Bravewords.com to the report), but since there wasn't any news posted about this situation on MS, I decided to nevertheless post the message...

I hope they'll get back together as soon as possible, but (to be honest) I'm awaiting the worst...
Bas - 23.11.2006 at 23:01
oh no what a shame
one of the few blackmetal bands that i really like..
AntaeusM - 23.11.2006 at 23:13
Written by Thryce on 23.11.2006 at 22:55

Well, everyone thought the Count Nosferatu Kommando splitted up too, and now suddenly Hreidmarr invest full energy in that project, so that gave me some hope he will do the same for Anorexia Nervosa again, in the (far) future.

But yeah, maybe it is just awaiting the worst. but for now, I just cannot accept that
Kap'N Korrupt - 23.11.2006 at 23:43
Written by Bas on 23.11.2006 at 23:01

one of the few black metal bands that i really like..

Exactly...would be a damn shame if they split up...
Bad English - 23.11.2006 at 23:46
@all thay are one of those BM bands what still play BM how thay do when thay start playing and in them music are some beck to ancient BM days magic
ЯeVeNgeR - 24.11.2006 at 00:36
Oh shit ! What a shame!!
Taktsekte - 24.11.2006 at 02:02
Don't panic, people! If they were to split up, they would have announced it as such. Stefan's message looks quite pessimistic ("Je ne préfere pas parler de split, car il se peut très bien qu'Anorexia revienne un jour. Simplement, je ne peux affirmer ni quand ni comment." - i.e. "I prefer not to talk about a split because Anorexia might be returning some day. I just cannot tell when or how"), but he hasn't yet thrown the towel! I still hope I'll watch a concert by them some day, considering it is the only Black Metal band that I like.
Thryce - 24.11.2006 at 11:10
Here's a full English translation of Stephan Bayle's message:

"It's been a while since there has been any news from the Anorexia Nervosa camp, and I think that it is time to give a progress report on the group.

The departure of Hreidmarr was followed by a kind of 'crisis' period which we had not really anticipated. The length of time that the lineup was together, the personal sacrifice each member of the band had to make and the increasing difficulty in our ability to evolve/move on were several of the factors which, little by little, corroded the unit and the integrity of the group.

I always regarded Anorexia as an entity, a clan where each individual shared the same values and evolved/moved forward with the same goal in mind. This is not really the case anymore today. Furthermore, none the singers whom we auditioned had the capacity of revive this 'spirit.' As a result, I have thus far felt incapable of composing a 'true' new album by Anorexia.

We are extremely proud of all that we achieved, without compromise, and I do not want the group to become a sort of parody in any way, or I would compose the songs without heart, with the help of session musicians. Anorexia always covered a lot of different ground, an achievement that I hold dear and which has to be preserved. I have therefore decided to place the group in 'stand-by' mode. We all need to recharge our batteries, devote our time and energies to other activities and to find the faith which motivated us before. I prefer not to call this a split, because it may very well be that Anorexia will return one day. I simply cannot predict when or how this may happen.

We wish to thank everyone who supported us during all this time. We experienced some truly great moments and we will be eternally grateful to you."
Angelrot - 24.11.2006 at 15:55
It would be a darn good waste if they did split.

Still. I always try to remember all good thing's come to an end.

Still, I hope they work out whatever it is they need to within themselfs as a band and people so they can make some more CD's.
Jiri - 24.11.2006 at 19:46
oh no, this sucks! Hopefully, Hreimarr decides to come back and save the band. This is a cryin' shame!
Daru Jericho - 26.11.2006 at 04:09
When I heard about this yesterday I was severely disheartened. I hope it really is just a hiatus. They seemed to be doing so well. My only regret is that I never caught them live.
Katatronik - 26.11.2006 at 12:38
Hope they will play again soon... I couldn't accept this!
Anorexia Nervosa are one of the best black metal bands ever, the departed of Hreidmarr and the searching for a vocalist can't disband them!
Windeershins - 08.08.2007 at 22:36
fuck...i loved this band damn you Hreidmarr!
EzeKyeL - 26.07.2010 at 21:26
I think 2010 would be a great year to reform and release a new album in 2011
Vityaz - 09.08.2014 at 23:55
Written by EzeKyeL on 26.07.2010 at 21:26

I think 2010 would be a great year to reform and release a new album in 2011

Ilham - 09.08.2014 at 23:58
Fuck me. This is old. I remember when I saw this piece of news.

Extreme metal forum Anorexia Nervosa - The best to ever crawl out of France? 4.5 19.05.2006 by
Albums Anorexia Nervosa - Redemption Process 4.5 12.01.2011 by