London based metal upstarts Ophelia have announced the addition of new vocalist Austin Dickinson, who happens to be the son of Iron Maiden frontman Bruce Dickinson.

Says the band, "We have a new vocalist and guitarist we're gonna try out and see how things go. We're all really hopeful as to everything so hopefully new stuff will be happening soon!"

Keep up to date on the band via their MySpace page at this location.

Austin's MySpace page is online here.

Source: bravewords.com
Band profile: Bruce Dickinson

Posted: 24.11.2006 by Thryce

Comments

Baz Anderson - 24.11.2006 at 21:55
i read he is a 'screamer' though - which is a big shame if it is true
just look at his myspace profile - look at all that rubbish in his favorite band list. i would have thought Bruce would have taught him about good music
Revenant - 24.11.2006 at 22:03
What a mallcore, ugh!
Thryce - 24.11.2006 at 22:11
Well at least this band (whatever genre they're playing) is getting a lot of free publicity now (although their main audience and fanbase won't probably even know what Iron Maiden is, not to mention Bruce Dickinson's solo project... )

BTW daddy's small and meaningless band only shows up after 26 others in his favo bands list (after Limp Bizkit, Slipknot, Bullet For My Valentine, Papa Roach....) lol
Baz Anderson - 24.11.2006 at 22:37
haha yes - it is pitiful isnt it

the only good thing i can say is that he doesnt put everywhere "woo - look at me - i am Bruce Dickinson's son!!! - i'm so good" and use that to get attention
Basso - 24.11.2006 at 22:37
Oh holy fuck man that guys has worthless taste, despite him having such a talented father.... this is a sad day for metal...
Jonathan Tweet - 25.11.2006 at 02:01
yes looking at that myspace page fills me with negative feelings.
Opium Magnet - 25.11.2006 at 04:02
It fills me with a positve feeling, an urge to shoot his son!:D
Hyvaarin - 25.11.2006 at 06:40
How the fuck does BRUCE DICKINSON's son have such shit taste?!
Baz Anderson - 25.11.2006 at 07:23
the answer to that question is - he obviously grew up in England
those bands are on every typical young 'alternative' persons band list in this country
it is what they are all fed by kerrang and whatever else. it makes me sick
Ivan - 25.11.2006 at 14:22
Give the dude a break - he's young and confused
And he likes Arch Enemy, so it can't be this bad.
CyGuy6587 - 25.11.2006 at 14:27
Jesus who cares about what Bruce's son likes? That doesn't change anything. It's like that discussion about Steve's son liking Sum 41 and all that pop punk shite and everyone saying "OMG HE CAN'T LIKE THAT STUFF HIS DAD IS A METAL GOD!"

Get over it! [/rant]
iaberis - 25.11.2006 at 17:09
What a nightmare!! Bruce's son - a Death Metaler! Shame!!!
P.S. I din't know he had a son...
Jeff - 25.11.2006 at 18:27
Ivan is right.... he is 17 and I totally understand that he doesn't want to be like his father...

Give him some time !

PS to Ivan: Arch Enemy is not a really good example unfortunately... every young Metalcore lovers like them, like Opeth and etc... (it doesn't mean that the bands are bad of course but still...)
ThunderAxe1989 - 25.11.2006 at 21:28
@Thryce: errrmm well actually Metalcore and Mallcore kids do know who Iron Maiden are
Eight - 26.11.2006 at 02:01
OH MY GOD!!! Bruce got a son?!
Icewings - 26.11.2006 at 04:15
Well he looks like his father , and yeah maybe he wants to be different, but well good luck in what he does ...
BestMetalstormer - 26.11.2006 at 17:01
Written by Baz Anderson on 24.11.2006 at 21:55

i read he is a 'screamer' though - which is a big shame if it is true

can u give me his myspace link
BestMetalstormer - 26.11.2006 at 17:05
Written by BestMetalstormer on 26.11.2006 at 17:01

Written by Baz Anderson on 24.11.2006 at 21:55

i read he is a 'screamer' though - which is a big shame if it is true

can u give me his myspace link

Oh I missed reading the end of article.
Baz Anderson - 26.11.2006 at 17:07
haha yes

but it looks like he has put his profile to 'private' so only his 'friends' can view his profile
it was just filled with awful bands though - you know the sort, the sort that think they are so metal but just arent
lordz - 27.11.2006 at 11:38
Is the guy good at what he does or not... ? thats the question
hater - 27.11.2006 at 22:33
He sing as good as his father????
ItalktotheWind - 28.11.2006 at 07:57
Written by Jeff on 25.11.2006 at 18:27

I am 17... by the way.
Promonex - 28.11.2006 at 11:23
*gives ItalktotheWind a cookie*
Gothya - 06.12.2006 at 21:39
firstable, I didn't know 'bout bruce' son!; I wonder if he sings like his dad, I couldn't see the list of fave bands of austin's page, 'cause it's a private profile and I don't have a myspace account; btw, it doesn't matter how old he is, with all the stuff you guys say it's a pretty bad beginning; but give him a chance to choose his fave music, imagine if him doesn't like metal music( a pity), and to be force pretending to do that just because of his famous metal singer dad, no fair... ;D hope this is not the case

question:

I heard and ophelia's song available at myspace, is austin already singing in that song ' queen ranavalona' ? or is another singer? in any case, it's not too bad at all, good vocals
Bas - 07.12.2006 at 20:19
no this song isn't with Autsin on vocals "The song up here is with old vocalist! " it says that a little bit lower

the music sounds "not bad" for such a young band, given some years they could actually become very good, they have variation and the guts to make a more variated and complicated song then the typical fasts riffs throughout the whole song with a random solo thrown in

looool @Promonex

and i also understand he doesnt want to do the same thing as his dad, 95+% of all teens dont want to do the same as their dad
Anathemani@c - 09.12.2006 at 15:22
Bas2 I would love to do the same my dad did if I was Brucew Dickinson's son! I am 17 years old and I know what you mean, but don't forget that Austin is Bruce's son. And by the way, there are many Iron Maiden alboums where Bruce dedicates them to his family and he referes to Austin in may of them. I've seen his name in many Iron Maiden alboums. Anyway he is just like his father - as an appearence, of course. Unfortunatelly, I couldn't get into Austin's myspace page.
I'd like to see what he listens to, because you all have been damning his favourite music...If anyone could send me PM, it would be great!
MetalGoddess - 15.01.2007 at 23:10
well...I'm sorry I didn't see the myspace profile 'cause I'm curious how he looks lol
well... gove the guy a break... offcourse he's not a metalhead 'cause he's doing that inspite of his father...all sons do that....

Bruce rocks and he will always will ... it doesn't matter what his grandma does
HeathenBlood - 16.01.2007 at 04:29
A Son cannot always be like a father..hahaa...Bruce is a legend!!
Austin has to go a long way to Be in Bruce's Place..
HeathenBlood - 16.01.2007 at 04:44
Written by ItalktotheWind on 28.11.2006 at 07:57

Written by Jeff on 25.11.2006 at 18:27

I am 17... by the way.

I'm 17 too...
Paganblood - 16.01.2007 at 06:07
I didn't even know that Bruce had a son...
HeathenBlood - 16.01.2007 at 13:41
Thats Nothing..
Bruce is Banned From Watching His 17-year-old Son's Gigs..
Itsn't it funny?
HeathenBlood - 02.02.2007 at 13:30
What A Son???...How can he ban Is own Daddy Papa From coming to his own concert?..I heared that he'll be nervous seeing his dad in front while performing..
The Oath - 04.03.2007 at 23:18
ok.....firstly, I am Austin, to all the people who are supportive or understanding, I thank you, you people are actually worthy of breathing.

personally, I find it fuckin stupid, that people posted my myspace link, and then criticised my myspace...you are like fucking five year olds if you are going to sit on a website, and bitch about someone. Im not in some "big band", Iam in a very small metal band, Im not famous, I dont get paid for any gigs (like every other new band), iam like every other fucking person and if you dont like the fact that I dont like the same music as you, then you can fuck off, your an ignorant cock....

If you dont like my voice, then you dont have to listen to it, I dont go around parading "genres" like "we are METAL!!!" for my band, we are what to you , what you want. dont like us....fine, but if you message us, you will get shit back from us, just like any other band.....

To put all of this to rest, I DO NOT like Limp Bizkit, a song that was relatively decent was their cover of "Behind Blue Eyes", and Fred Durst is a fuck ugly twat with no talent, I do not like rap-metal or nu-metal, or whatever the fuck it is.........

now, in respone to some dudes comment (not sure of the name, sorry) ARCH ENEMY ARE FUCKIN AWESOME, mike ammott is god!

I dont really care if you dont like me, but if you are going to judge it by my myspace, then you are a total shit stain...

now, if you are actually into the music that I have a hand in making, then listen to my bands www.myspace.com/opheliametal

and

www.myspace.com/theoath454

and a fuck you the following:

Baz Anderson (you are the biggest twat mate, you sit on your computer, and bitch about someones son, you are a disgrace to metal, get the fuck off of this site......not only that, but the fact that you love pokemon, according to YOUR myspace, is quite interesting.....view it if you want people http://www.myspace.com/baz_anderson)

Revenant
Thryce
Basso
Jonathan Tweet
opium magnet
Hyvaarin
Iaberis
HeathenBlood

fuckin fix yourselves.....

and thank you to gothya for the nice words on ophelia

Austin
laurenemilie - 05.03.2007 at 00:00
to all the idiots who have been bashing ophelia etc., NONE of you personally know austin

you can not possibly set expectations for your idol's son. who the fuck are you to say ANYTHING about his taste in music, or his band? you can't rate a genre you don't even like/know shit about. you have no comparison to make. ophelia are an amazing band as metal bands go.

he does by no means use his father's fame to get him anywhere in his music career. if this was the case, you would see "vocals - austin dickinson (SON OF BRUCE DICKINSON)"

fuck right off you narrow minded cunts.
..HumanError.. - 05.03.2007 at 00:49
..... I dont know what i have to think about this ... I think i wont think.
Bas - 05.03.2007 at 01:06
i'll just say this, i love real soap operas, and this here is becoming quite a high quality one
Gothya - 05.03.2007 at 05:19
amen

(thanks)
iaberis - 15.06.2008 at 05:30
Sorry dudes, didn't mean to offend anyone.

News Bruce Dickinson - Movie Out Soon 6 22.04.2008 by Bad English
Albums Bruce Dickinson - The Chemical Wedding 4.5 14.03.2013 by Bad English
News Arkan - Orphaned Land Vocalist To Guest On New Album 4 13.02.2011 by
News The Agonist - Announce New Vocalist 4 17.03.2014 by psykometal
News Spawn Of Possession - Original Vocalist Returns, Working On New Material 4 30.09.2010 by Malphas