Greek female black metal trio Astarte has posted the cover artwork for its upcoming fifth album, "Demonized", at this location (cover artwork by Timo Wuerz). The CD, which is tentatively due next month via Avantgarde Records, was mixed at Tico Tico studios in Finland. It features guest appearances on vocals by Arch Enemy's Angela Gossow, Mayhem's Attila Csihar, God Dethroned's Henri Sattler and Lloth's Nicolas Sic Maiis. The track listing is as follows:

01. Mutter Astarte
02. God Among Men (feat. Nicolas Sic Maiis)
03. Demonized
04. Heart Of Flames
05. Lost
06. Black Star
07. Lycon (feat. Attila Csihar)
08. God I Hate Them All
09. Queen Of The Damned (feat. Henri Sattler)
10. Everlasting
11. Princess Of The Dawn (Accept cover)
12. Black At Heart (feat. Angela Gossow)
13. Everlasting (outro)

Watch the "Mutter Astarte" video at this location.
Download the "Mutter Astarte" MP3 here.

Source: astarteband.com
Band profile: Astarte

Posted: 25.11.2006 by Damnated

Comments

Darth Satanious - 25.11.2006 at 13:30
Each time I watch Astarte's video of "Black Mighty Gods" I can't help from having this thought that Tristessa comes to be like the female version of Nergal. Aren't those collaborations in the new CD promising? The artwork is kind of cool.
VaronoZz - 25.11.2006 at 13:32
Written by Darth Satanious on 25.11.2006 at 13:30

indeed.... that video clip and the song as well is great. Sirens i think is their best album
AntaeusM - 25.11.2006 at 18:41
a song together with Angela Gossow...?

hm, debatable.

but I am very much interested in this new album, every album they have released so far was fantastic, so I am looking forward to the release of this new album
Jiri - 25.11.2006 at 19:46
Cool, I love Tristessa and Astarte's music. Can't wait for the new album!
jadawal - 25.11.2006 at 22:36
First time I heard of them, the music is alright, the vocals are pretty horrible IMO. Alot better then I expected, is it an all-female band?
Darth Satanious - 26.11.2006 at 09:25
@ Blackgir:

Well, you don't like Melodic Death to begin with so I don't get surprised that the idea of her collaboration does not have you too excited. But it isn't as if she doesn't know how to growl. You could even like, at least, what she will do in collaboration with Astarte.
Katatronik - 26.11.2006 at 12:55
How much guests in this new album! I love Astarte, and for all of these guests, I just can't wait for this new stuff!
And... Angela Gossow! Attila! OMG I'm excited!
AntaeusM - 29.11.2006 at 10:48
Written by Darth Satanious on 26.11.2006 at 09:25

@ Blackgir:

hm, Angela Gossow gets way too much credit just for the simple fact she is a woman. Oh well, Tristessa will outmatch her, of course and I never said I don't like melodic death..there are just not so many bands in this genre that I enjoy
Darth Satanious - 30.11.2006 at 04:49
@ Blackgir,

You think so? I do prefer John Liiva over Angela but I don't think she is bad at all and she does growls decently. You know, it isn't as if they are fighting between each other. I would swear that you did tell me that you didn't like Melo Death.

News Rush - New Video And More Album Details 8.5 17.05.2007 by Dane Train
News Milking The Goatmachine - Release New Album Details And Video 8.5 10.01.2013 by BudDa
News Diabulus In Musica - Ink Deal With Napalm Records, New Album Details 7 12.12.2011 by Susan
News Burden Of Grief - New Album Details, Song And Label Announced 7 25.04.2010 by Black Conundrum
News Teramaze - New Album Details And Teaser 7 22.02.2014 by JÄY