Death metallers Immolation have wrapped up the recording process for their new full-length album, "Shadows In The Light", which is set for an April release via Century Media. The effort was recorded at Millbrook Sound Studios with producer Paul Orofino. "Shadows In The Light" features the following tracks:

01. Hate's Plague
02. Passion Kill
03. World Agony
04. Tarnished
05. The Weight Of Devotion
06. Breathing The Dark
07. Deliverer Of Evil
08. Shadows In The Light
09. Lying With Demons
10. Whispering Death

Robert Vigna (guitars) further describes the new album: "It's aggressive, emotional and haunting. The disc delivers all of Immolation's attributes, as it's catchy as hell, very direct and to the point. The album devastates on all levels, from blasting madness and militant charges to sorrow-filled doom and depression. It is a very complete record with soulful solos, thunderous raging drums and vocals that lash right out at you!"

Source: bravewords.com
Band profile: Immolation

Posted: 23.01.2007 by Thryce (brb)

Comments

Syk - 23.01.2007 at 11:17
What would you Immolation fans say is their best album to date?
Katatronik - 23.01.2007 at 12:49
Yeah! I'm looking forward to the new Immolation album, "Harnessing Ruin" kicked asses!
BreadGod - 23.01.2007 at 14:58
Alright, I cannot wait! Ever since listening to "Harnessing Ruin", I have been hooked to these guys, so I'm quite enthusiastic for this album to be released.
Richard - 24.01.2007 at 02:34
This will certainly be worth checking out... Robert Vigna's description of the new material is how I'd describe a lot of Immolation's work so far. I think Immolation is one of those bands that have their own noticeable style within an arguably limited genre - I'm sure when we hear the new one, it'll sound like Immolation right away.

@Syk: I think their best album to date is either 'Here In After' or 'Unholy Cult'. The former is faster and more technical, whereas the latter is more atmospheric and moody (in a Death Metal way).
Mega-Slayer - 24.01.2007 at 03:18
I think I will check it out,they have usually released only good quality unique death metal.My personal favorite is most definitley their debut,they brought lots of technicality to the table and some very low distinct vocals.
Daru Jericho - 27.01.2007 at 00:13
Yay. I hope it gors down well at a live show. \m/
Marcel Hubregtse - 25.03.2007 at 23:48
I have just heard it, songs are good, but the sound is terrible especially the drums and vocals.
Dangerboner - 26.03.2007 at 01:25
^^^ yeah, they've always had pretty low quality production. Oh well, from what I've heard from it so far, the music is good.
Stigmatized - 26.03.2007 at 02:32
Meh, it's an Immolation album. It's gonna slay.
burntblack - 28.02.2010 at 05:02
Written by Syk on 23.01.2007 at 11:17

What would you Immolation fans say is their best album to date?

This is a response to Syk's question -from '07 - but I got an opinion to state about that question.
My opinion is just an opinion like anyone else's, but I can't possibly see how anyone could think that "Dawn of Possession" is not their undisputed masterpiece. Yeah, like I said, it's just my opinion, but fuck!
Every song is super strong, I love Craig Smilowswki's drumming and Ross' vocs are more menacing and evil sounding than ever -imo. Perfect example is "into Everlasting Fire" I haven't heard any song on their later albums that is as purely Immolation as that. I get a lot of shit from friends that I put my opinion on the table too strongly and too often, so sorry if I am annoying or pissing people off - it's a bad habit.
I also love "Stepping on Angels" so obviously I prefer the earlier Immolation.

News Immolation - New Album Title And Tracklist Revealed 7.5 09.12.2009 by Vitriolic Hate
News Immolation - Finishing Up New Album 7.5 17.08.2012 by Mr. Doctor
News Immolation - Reveal New Album Title And Release Date 7.5 22.02.2013 by Derelict Earth
News Draconian - New Album Completed 5.5 23.10.2007 by Bad English