Rhino Records has the new Black Sabbath track, 'The Devil Cried', streaming at the following locations: Windows Media (100k), Windows Media (56k), Real Player, Quicktime Stream.

The song was written and produced by guitarist Tony Iommi and singer Ronnie James Dio and recorded with bassist Geezer Butler and drummer Vinny Appice in November 2006 in the UK. The song was engineered and mixed by Mike Exeter who worked on Fused and The 1996 DEP Sessions (both featuring Iommi and Glenn Hughes).

The single will be released in digital form to the public via all digital retailers on Tuesday, March 13th. The track is available on the forthcoming "Black Sabbath: The Dio Years compilation" CD, due out on April 3rd via Rhino. More info about that album can be found here.

Source: bravewords.com
Band profile: Black Sabbath

Posted: 27.02.2007 by Thryce

Comments

Katatronik - 27.02.2007 at 17:00
Hum... I think Ozzy isn't happy about this...
=maD.Doc:. - 27.02.2007 at 18:21
I think Ozzy dosn't have anything to do with this as he's not in the band anymore
AncientOrigins - 27.02.2007 at 23:01
The song is pretty good though. Dio still has it
Richard - 28.02.2007 at 05:17
This is definitely a damn good song. It reminds me of the slower songs on 'Dehumaniser' - that dark, menacing vibe. It makes me wish they were recording a full length album of new material like this, rather than just 3 new songs to add to a compilation of songs we've already got on previous albums.
AncientOrigins - 28.02.2007 at 07:11
Yeah, I agree. Well, they might do it anyway, Dio's the producive guy in the fold
Lady Bathory - 28.02.2007 at 15:48
This song is awesome! It still has that badass Sabbath feel. Little Ronnie James definatley still has it. I can't wait to see them at Heaven and Hell in the pit!!! Swallow that Ozzy.
BrightNight - 28.02.2007 at 19:35
What are you guys talking about?

Ozzy Osbourne is still in Black Sabbath, this is just a side project with Ronnie James Dio to tour with the Heaven and Hell years. They are going to release "the Dio years" just as they did with the " black box" on which the ozzy era is represented and on that occasion made some new tracks. Bill Ward didnt feel like to drum on those tracks so they got vinny on the drums . Thats nice because he drummed most of the dio years. This line up is covering the dio years and has nothing to do with ozzy......so he simply dont care about it.

But Black Sabbath is still: Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Bill Ward.
BrightNight - 28.02.2007 at 19:47
This new track sounds very good. real sabbath
MUSIC? - 28.02.2007 at 20:17
In about two weeks time I'll be seeing this band live. I can't wait. Hail Dio! Better then Ozzy then, better then Ozzy now.
=maD.Doc:. - 28.02.2007 at 23:24
Brightnight, just look at the Black Sabbath Offical Hompage... Ozzy isn't mentioned there, not under the band section at least as I saw
Dan066 - 01.03.2007 at 04:18
Dio rules. Can't wait for the album.
Doc Godin - 06.03.2007 at 07:40
Written by Katatronik on 27.02.2007 at 17:00

Hum... I think Ozzy isn't happy about this...

As usual, Ozzy probably doesnt know what the hell is going on. Pretty cool song though.
ThrashMetal_Rulz - 20.03.2007 at 02:44
Man, after all these decades Black Sabbath still has it, but I really wish Black Sabbath would either tell Dio or Ozzy to screw off lol, I keep getting confused by all this "Ozzy vs Dio" crap, choose a friggin singer already Black Sabbath
Dangerboner - 20.03.2007 at 05:49
meh...the song is alright, but I have to admit it's better than I thought it would be. It's good to hear that metal's best guitarist is still going strong though.
Doc Godin - 24.03.2007 at 02:34
Saw it performed live a few days ago, and I must admit you get a new appreciation for the song after seeing it live, this recording sounds a little weak.

News Black Sabbath - New Single Available For Streaming 10.5 19.04.2013 by HaaskAksaaH
News Temple Of The Black Moon - New Demo Song Streaming Online 7 08.05.2013 by psykometal
News Tank - New Single Streaming Online 7 14.05.2012 by AtrumHiberna
News Goatwhore - New Album Tracklist Revealed, First Single Streaming Online 7 12.01.2012 by Troy Killjoy
News Equilibrium - New Single Streaming Online 7 23.04.2014 by annodomini