Sweden's Nocturnal Rites have set "The 8th Sin" as the title of their new album, due in Europe on May 28 via Century Media Records.

According to a press release, the mystery of the album title can now be revealed: the new album is, of course, full of lust, gluttony and pride, but stands above of any wrath, greed, sloth or envy - the 8th not that deadly sin, however, is a deluxe blend of melodic metal and hard rock done the Nocturnal Rites way!

"The 8th Sin" offers a slightly more modern sound with harsh riffs, huge choruses and the band's classic guitar extravaganza. But don't be afraid of any bad surprises, the new album is 110% Nocturnal Rites from start to finish!

"The 8th Sin" was produced by the band themselves, co-produced by Shep and mixed by Mattias Eklund and Nocturnal Rites at Toontrack Music in Umeå, Sweden.

The tracklisting goes as follows:

01. Call Out To The World

Band profile: Nocturnal Rites

Posted: 19.03.2007 by Thryce

Comments

Dreamthief_89 - 19.03.2007 at 20:07
Me like!
=maD.Doc:. - 19.03.2007 at 21:17
Now I wonder why my comment was deleted? O_o Wrathchild, why? O_o Well, here it goes again then. FINALLY! I've been waiting for this tracklist for ages. Though it's not up on Nocturnal Rites offical site yet, but if it's said on a Press Release it's most believeable I'm sure this will be another kickass record from these cool guys
Valaskjalf - 19.03.2007 at 22:30
Uhhh why the rush? I mean isnt this a little soon after their previous album? And they already have a whole new album ready with track titles and all kinds of stuff - i find it quite worrying that the album is ready so soon.
Rimfrost - 19.03.2007 at 22:31
Crappy songtitles. They sound like something an emo-band could have written.
=maD.Doc:. - 20.03.2007 at 01:05
Slottet av Take: Grand Illusion was released in the spring 2005 it's soon two years ago ^^

Rimfrost: Seems like you don't know emo-music that well
Syk - 20.03.2007 at 02:35
What? He's right, those titles are utterly pathetic. Reminds me of Limp Bizkit, Static-X & Sum 41.
metalhead86 - 20.03.2007 at 16:23
Who cares about the song titles, it's the music that counts ... I think it's gonna be a killer record
Bleeding_Rainbow - 20.03.2007 at 19:08
Oh, this is gonna be good.
=maD.Doc:. - 20.03.2007 at 19:13
@Syk: It's you thats pathetic that just put your effort in complaining about song titles. These are good song titles. You haven't heard the lyrics yet. You can't know if it's a good song title or not before you've seen the lyrics. The title of the song HAS to have something to do with the lyrics. If not, then it's a bad title I think it looks good, but then I don't know already if it fits or not We'll just wait and see, and as Retaliator says, who cares about the song titles? It's the music it depends on!
Dark Blood - 20.03.2007 at 19:50
Can't wait for this! NR kick ass! \m/
VanHelsing - 20.03.2007 at 20:25
I've been eagerly awaiting for this record. Nocturnal Rites rule.
Syk - 23.03.2007 at 08:59
Reconciler, how about for instrumentals? If I wrote one and named it "Voice of Buddha", would that automatically be a bad title? I'm just saying that I'm amazed by the simplicity, immaturity and uninspiredness of the titles presented here, not to mention that they (the names, not the band!) are reminiscent of worthless "punks" who whine and moan about things of utter insignificance.

But yeah, hopefully they can bring out some asskicking riffs.
=maD.Doc:. - 24.03.2007 at 00:05
No it wouldn't Syk... and "Voice of Buddah" was a really cool title actually hehehe

News Nocturnal Rites - New Album Almost Ready 10.5 30.01.2007 by sonofdeath
News Nocturnal Rites - Announces New Lead Guitarist 7.5 23.05.2010 by The Shape 1973
News Odious Mortem - New Album Ready 5.5 02.03.2007 by Dangerboner
News Freedom Call - New Album Ready 5.5 17.02.2007 by Geddysciple
News Mutilation Rites - Unveil New Album Cover And New Song 5.5 14.06.2014 by Lit.