The following short message has been posted on a fansite of the Norwegian Symphonic Gothic Metallers of The Sins Of Thy Beloved:

"THE BEAST HAS AWAKEN!!! This is something in between a semi-offial and an official statement, and no more can be said at the moment. However, it's not unlikely that more news will be posted before next year."

In a recent interview vocalist Anita Auglend has announced her return to the band and she added that "there is hope for a long term discography". Click here for the complete interview.

The band has been dormant since the departure of three members in 2001, apart from one live gig in 2005 at the Lost Souls Halloween Festival in Kristiansand, Norway.

Source: users.skynet.be
Band profile: The Sins Of Thy Beloved

Posted: 07.05.2007 by Thryce

Comments

Bitch Boy - 07.05.2007 at 21:35
I read in Wiki that Anita returned and I refused to believe the rumours, but now I think it's way serious It's great that the band is returning some day. What will happen to Mona Walin??
Katatronik - 07.05.2007 at 22:09
Fantastic news, can't wait to hear new Sins stuff, the previous albums were amazing IMO... Welcome back!
Jiri - 07.05.2007 at 23:15
This kicks ass! I hope the new stuff is like Lake of Sorrow!
Daru Jericho - 07.05.2007 at 23:29
Best news I've heard today. TBH, I was quite glad with their 2 full length releases, being the strongest gothic metal I've heard but I hope this long break isn't detrimental for their discography. We'll see.
The Voice - 08.05.2007 at 00:14
Written by Daru Jericho on 07.05.2007 at 23:29

1. you havent heard Tristania's beyond the veil (unlikely)
2. you were joking
3. ...there is no third!

Daru Jericho - 08.05.2007 at 00:41
Well, each to their own. And my favourite Tristania album is Widow's Weeds. Definitely the most gothic they've done, IMO.
Dark Cornatus - 08.05.2007 at 01:13
Both bands use the same violinist, yet i think he proves stronger on The Sins, Tristania is one of my all time fav Gothic bands, but Sins have alot more to prove yet.

@The Voice: My favourite album is Widows Weeds too.
Damned-In-Black - 08.05.2007 at 07:22
+1 for Widow's Weeds.

And, on-topic... I'm glad about this too. I really like their previous efforts and it'll be nice to see if they can match or hopefully surpass them.
vhaldemar - 08.05.2007 at 08:08
I hope is official in a moment, and that the next year has a new tour, and clear that they come to Mexico…
lazarus - 08.05.2007 at 16:54
Definitely the return of Anita is something that would add eagerness about the new stuff the band would do, but we'll have to wait, because a band it's not only a voice
AnGina-- - 08.05.2007 at 21:34
....yay?
Soliloquy - 09.05.2007 at 03:48
fine, so she returned(as happy as i am for it) but what really made TSOTB so beloved?

its PETE!!!!! they need, rather, we need him back in the back. he started sucking with sirenia's 3rd album. and not too familiar with him in tristania. but common, pete should join tsotb again!!!!!

whos with me on this?
Soliloquy - 09.05.2007 at 03:51
oh, and pete left with anita in 2001....wondering if he will join up again
Bitch Boy - 10.05.2007 at 04:10
@ Daru Jericho: for me TSOTB is also the strongest gothic metal band out there, even more than Tristania's first releases (which are really strong and cool too).

@ Soliloquy: I agree with you, Pete is very necessary as the violins were one of the most remarkable characteristics of the band.
alexo dynami - 04.02.2008 at 01:41
no more news on this since may...
dismaleuphony - 04.02.2008 at 05:01
Written by alexo dynami on 04.02.2008 at 01:41

no more news on this since may...

Well, what's another year or two ? I think the band will release or do something whenever the time is right
Pale Enchantress - 08.02.2008 at 11:51
Well at least we have some good news after vibeke leaving Tristania I need some cheering up
Metal Symphony - 25.08.2008 at 00:25
yeah and after anette joined nightwish!! this sucks:S does every symphonic band have to break up!!!!
WolvenAncestry - 25.08.2008 at 02:48
Very good news. They are a great band.
Erik M. - 23.03.2013 at 00:14
Written by dismaleuphony on 04.02.2008 at 05:01

Ah well, what's another year or 6? I've been wondering what's going on with them, but I'm guessing they kind of forgot that statement from 2007.

It's a shame really, since Lake Of Sorrow is, along with Widow's Weeds, my absolute favourite (best) "beauty and the beast" album.

Reviews The Sins Of Thy Beloved - Lake Of Sorrow 7.5 09.12.2013 by Billmaster
Albums The Sins Of Thy Beloved - Lake Of Sorrow 7.5 18.02.2013 by Erik M.
Albums The Sins Of Thy Beloved - Perpetual Desolation 7.5 28.02.2014 by metalmorph282014
Reviews The Sins Of Thy Beloved - Perpetual Desolation 7.5 11.07.2006 by NECURATU
News Savn - Midnattsol And The Sins Of Thy Beloved Members In New Band 7 19.07.2013 by Billmaster