Drummer Ricardo Confessori has assembled a new SHAMAN lineup following the group's split last October. Joining Confessori in the new group are guitarist Leo Mancini, vocalist Thiago Bianchi and bassist Fernando Quesada. Check out a photo of the new group at HeavyLaw.com. A song from the revamped band, entitled "One Life", can be downloaded at this location*.

This website seems to be the homepage of the new Shaman. Note that it doesn't seem to be officially open, yet you'll find many information on the new band, and their new album entitled "Immortal." Why the band seems to be able to use the name "Shaman" and not "Shaaman" is still unknown.

*It can also be streamed at the new website.

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Shaman

Posted: 14.05.2007 by wrathchild

Comments

Jeff - 14.05.2007 at 23:18
Surprising but great news !

The song sounds cool a mix of old Angra and Shaman cool !

(the new singer seems to be really good )
wrathchild - 14.05.2007 at 23:26
I'm liking this new song a lot. Sounds a bit like a mix of Sha(a)man, old and new Angra. Somewhat closer to the first Shaman album.

I was doubtful on whether Ricardo Confessori could keep the spirit alive, and if this is not just a big joke I must say he did succeed 100%!
Asitis - 14.05.2007 at 23:30
Ehm,nah. I liked the first 2 (or 3) albums, but these vocals - suck =|
Baz Anderson - 15.05.2007 at 00:00
surprising indeed!
even though I am a big Angra fan I wasn't a great fan of Shaaman - but then I did only have the album that people said was the not-so-good one..

this new song sounds quite good.. it isnt sold to me yet but it sounds very promising indeed - after a few listens I could probably really get into this..
indeed.. I like the vocals too!
White Winter Sun - 15.05.2007 at 00:43
Good surprise this come back.
I'm waiting for more about this, and for the future of the band. This song sounds good, vocals too.
RhaegarTargaryen - 15.05.2007 at 12:39
Very good, I like the news, altough I like Matos a lot, I think this will be good album.
doosh - 16.05.2007 at 14:54
i didn't think the download was going to sound this good. i'm really amazed by new Shaman. goes to show you that no matter how many lineup changes this band gets, they'll always sound great.
GT - 18.05.2007 at 15:26
I'm not impressed with the new song...find it a little boring actually...but great that they're back
4look4rd - 27.05.2007 at 06:11
Love this new line up, think that we need some new faces in metal and this new vocalist is pretty good (not as good as Matos tho) its good to see how brazilian bands reinvent themselves even when we all thought that it was dead =D
Pianoman - 21.07.2007 at 06:48
Oh I didnt expected such as a good song with new formation.
It reminds me a lot of ritual for tomorrow in the intro.
The vocalist is good but not as good as andre and the the guitarist is really good maybe too power but the keyboard gives the song a little prog touch.
Im really impresed i hope that andre releases new great stuff like holy land and ritual,
Pianoman - 21.07.2007 at 07:03
Oh i forgot you can hear a demo songs of andre matos in www.andrematos.net. It sounds really good but i think andre should remember the power guitar and not use that flat guitars all the time.
BlankFile - 29.07.2007 at 16:34
Im very curious to listen to their new stuff. Man i loved the previous releases especially Ritual. We´ll wait and see...

News Armageddon - New Line-Up Revealed, New Song Online 5.5 29.05.2014 by AberrantBeing
News Deathstars - Announce New Album And Lineup Change 4 26.04.2013 by Big-Al