Finnish Atmospheric Gothic Metal/Gothenburg Metal band Fall Of The Leafe have split up after a carreer of eleven years.
Vocalist Tuomas Tuominen has issued the following statement on the band's official website:

"It is with a heavy heart that I have to announce that after our last remaining shows in September, Fall of the Leafe is no more.

The reasons that led to this this decision are many and the biggest one I cannot put my finger on. I think we were lead and ultimately forced into this decision by each other, by the same very different tastes and likings that made our music so special, by our private lives and perhaps finally by our own faults as people.

For me, it has been a ten year experience and adventure with my friends and all of you who have shared Fall of the Leafe with us. For that I thank you all. Thank you Jussi, Kaj, Matias, Petri, Miska - it's been a blast."

Fall Of The Leafe's sixth album "Aerolithe" has just been released a few days ago via Firebox Records.

Source: falloftheleafe.com
Band profile: Fall Of The Leafe

Posted: 22.08.2007 by Thryce

Comments

MissRagnarok - 22.08.2007 at 17:19
Finnish Gothenburg metal, huh? Since when is Gothenburg in Finland, I wonder...
KryptoN - 22.08.2007 at 17:27
Damn... "Aerolithe" is a masterpiece, one of this year's highlights. Too bad it ended up being their last album. Oh well, shit happens sometimes...
Promonex - 22.08.2007 at 17:36
Written by MissRagnarok on 22.08.2007 at 17:19

Finnish Gothenburg metal, huh? Since when is Gothenburg in Finland, I wonder...

How does that imply that Gothenburg is in Finland? It only says those guys played Gothenburg metal, not that they are from Gothenburg.
Thryce - 22.08.2007 at 18:13
Written by MissRagnarok on 22.08.2007 at 17:19

Finnish Gothenburg metal, huh? Since when is Gothenburg in Finland, I wonder...

Gothenburg Metal also happens to be a subgenre referring to the specific type of Melodic Death Metal that first started in the Gothenburg scene in Sweden (like bands such as Dark Tranquillity, In Flames, At The Gates). But you don't have to be from Gothenburg to play Gothenburg Metal. It's just a name given after the city from which it originated.
FreddeSwede - 22.08.2007 at 21:11
Well I can tell all of you this much. They didn't make anything that sounded like Gothenburg Metal. lol
Passenger - 23.08.2007 at 12:32
They look like the reincarnation of Duran Duran, but with more members.

Guess I'll still check their stuff anyhow.
FreddeSwede - 23.08.2007 at 20:16
That you should, they are really good.
MissRagnarok - 24.08.2007 at 15:21
Written by Promonex on 22.08.2007 at 17:36

Written by Thryce on 22.08.2007 at 18:13

I'm not stupid you know, I know perfectly well that Gothenburg's in Sweden, I was just being sarcastic.
You can say of a band that they're making music in a Gothenburg-like style, but you can only call them 'Gothenburg metal' if they are from that city, otherwise it's just plain silly.

But whatever, tagging is always a source of discussion.. though I'd say people here at MS should look into their tagging sometime, cause a lot of it doesn't really make sense..

Reviews Fall Of The Leafe - Aerolithe 6 28.02.2009 by HardSide