The Danish Metal Awards 2007 were held yesterday night (Saturday, November 17) at Amager Bio in Copenhagen, Denmark. The winners in each category are:

• Metal Album Of The Year: Volbeat - Rock The Rebel / Metal The Devil
  • Metal Debut Album Of The Year: Pitchblack - Redesigned To Dislike
  • Metal Production Of The Year: Mnemic - Passenger
  • Metal Cover Of The Year: Anubis Gate - Andromeda Unchained
  • Metal Video Of The Year: The Psyke Project - "I Get Paralyzed"
  • International Metal Album Of The Year: Machine Head - The Blackening
  • Metal Live Band Of The Year: Dawn Of Demise
  • Metal Talent Of The Year: Invisius - Edge of Hostility

At the award show Soilwork, Hatesphere, Volbeat, Mnemic and Evil Masquerade played abbreviated sets. Horned Almighty and Pilgrimz played at the DMeA after-party.

Source: antenna.nu

Posted: 18.11.2007 by Thryce

Comments

Bad English - 18.11.2007 at 12:33
... well those danish bands what i like are in unerground, like Artilery, Pritty Maids, Saturnus and so on and yes I think lars Ulrih belongs to Danmark how USA
LeChron James - 18.11.2007 at 12:34
machine head winning an award for best international metal album? wow.
BurbotsRevenge - 18.11.2007 at 12:36
The Blackening is such an awesome album, it deserves that award
Tod_Engel - 18.11.2007 at 13:20
Saw Volbeats video The Garden's Tale. They're quite interesting. Just recommend to listen.
GT - 18.11.2007 at 14:27
Volbeat won...why am I not surprised? Well they're pretty good but I don't think they're the best...
Aghahowa - 18.11.2007 at 14:59
good news for Robb Flynn and MH. The blackening is a great album for this year.
ThunderAxe1989 - 18.11.2007 at 15:01
who the hell? i looked at the winners and never heard ov any ov them.
GT - 18.11.2007 at 15:07
Written by ThunderAxe1989 on 18.11.2007 at 15:01

who the hell? i looked at the winners and never heard ov any ov them.

Well that's you fault isn't it I recommend both Mnemic, Volbeat and The Psyke Project
Charcharoth - 18.11.2007 at 15:38
yeah its the same here i dont know any of the winners. Danmark dont have very many well-known metal bands
Monkey666 - 18.11.2007 at 15:40
The Blackening best album ? WHAT ?!?!?!
Baz Anderson - 18.11.2007 at 18:20
well the "International Metal Album" just goes to show, like always, it is the most popular albums that win, not the best ones
Marcel Hubregtse - 18.11.2007 at 18:25
Written by Baz Anderson on 18.11.2007 at 18:20

Not really or else Helloween or something along those power metal lines would have won.

Btw The Blackening is okayish but not great, but better this album than f.e. Sopnic Syndicate (who are currently way more popular than Machine Head btw)
Bararey - 18.11.2007 at 18:37
Apparently Volbeat is very popular in Europe, when the band's name was announced in ProgPower for next year lineup, I did not hear cheers nor claps, the person who is visibly excited about it was the organizer.

I heard one of their songs on my space and it was like a country song that electric guitars was added to it, weird
Marcel Hubregtse - 18.11.2007 at 18:48
Written by Bararey on 18.11.2007 at 18:37

Volbeat is very popular on mainland Europe, that is true, but I find it weird that they got added to Porpower UK since they have not even the slightest hint of Prog in them. Adding them would be like adding Danzig or something like that.
Baz Anderson - 18.11.2007 at 19:15
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.11.2007 at 18:25

Written by Baz Anderson on 18.11.2007 at 18:20

noo, power metal is not popular at all when compared to the metal that is pushed into the mainstream - such bands like Machine Head, Trivium, Bullet For My Valentine - these kinds of bands that have legions of Kerrang!-reading followers (or whatever the popular "alternative" magazine is in Denmark)
Bararey - 18.11.2007 at 19:28
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.11.2007 at 18:48

ProgPower USA, not UK,, they do bring some bands that are neither Power nor Progressive, like Epica a few years ago,

So why is Volbeat famous? I have to admit that the first I heard of the band was, again, when they were announced for ProgPower USA
Marcel Hubregtse - 18.11.2007 at 19:39
Written by Bararey on 18.11.2007 at 19:28

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.11.2007 at 18:48

Sorry, somehow I thought you lived in the UK, don't ask me why though. Volbeat is quite well-known here but the exact reason for that I don't know. But when listening to their music it is easy to see why though. Plus their latest album was voted album of the month here in Holland by the wrold longest running Metal Magazine Aardschok.
DrunkenFuck - 18.11.2007 at 22:43
I'm danish and I have followed the development of Volbeat for the past couple of years. They are hugely succesful by our standards. They released their debut album in 2005 and already they are headlining festivals and doing completly sold out shows, not to mention warming up for Metallica and playing at this years Wacken. Without a doubt the most popular metal band in Denmark right now.
Varegan - 18.11.2007 at 23:02
I hope one day I see Ilnath in that list.
Syk - 18.11.2007 at 23:37
LOL these comments are exactly the same as last year, see Similar topics below. K7 & Lowelas are spamming! And good call Baz
+{Jonas}+ - 19.11.2007 at 22:01
Good one for Mnemic.
Array - 07.12.2009 at 19:30
Volbeat is annoying and their giglist involves 1/3 cover songs. The same songs are pretty much most liked also.

News Danish Metal Awards - And The Winners Are... 12 17.01.2010 by corrupt