Thrash metallers Testament are currently streaming their entire new album, "The Formation Of Damnation", on their MySpace page.

The album will be released on April, 25th in Germany (on April, 29th in North America) via Nuclear Blast Records. The cover artwork was created by Eliran Kantor. The band recorded "The Formation Of Damnation" in part with producer Andy Sneap (Machine Head, Exodus, Arch Enemy, Nevermore) at Fantasy Studios in Berkeley, California.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Testament

Posted: 18.04.2008 by White Winter Sun

Comments

stratorock666 - 18.04.2008 at 18:39
HELL THATS GOOD! there wa a chance it wasnt going to live up to their legacy, but bloody well does, melodic thrash metal perfection, it mostly reminds me of new order/practice era stuff, with a bit of gathering/demonic occasionally thrown. its a literally stunning album. i mean i knew it was gonna be good, but goddamn this is PROPER good shit.
bodomroy - 18.04.2008 at 20:40
excellent album, great comeback¡¡
tiimmmmmyyy - 18.04.2008 at 23:49
i love this album. 1988-esque TestAmenT
Thrash666 - 19.04.2008 at 07:00
This album is so awesome!!!!!!!!! ALL HAIL TESTAMENT!!!!!!!
Syk - 19.04.2008 at 11:09
Wow... wow. I'm actually considering giving this a 1. What a worthless piece of shit, I counted just 1½ good riffs through the whole thing.
Written by stratorock666 on 18.04.2008 at 18:39
melodic thrash metal perfection
Trust me, you need to hear Heathen (well, Breaking the Silence - fortunately you can download it from their website).
Abattoir - 19.04.2008 at 13:03
Nothing special for me...
Marcel Hubregtse - 19.04.2008 at 16:56
This will be THE most overrated thrash album of the year, lemme guarantee you all.

Now this is boring standard fair. Testament died during The New Order for me. Yes, people you read that right. Their only entirely good album is The Legacy.

As for this piece of ... I already saw Rock Tribune rate it 100/100 & Aardschok proclaim it album of the month. It seem like ALL Nuclear Blast releases get rated into hiogh heaven nowadays. I wonder how much money that cost the record label. Even Roadrunner releases don't get lauded as much, so go figure.
Visioneerie - 19.04.2008 at 18:29
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.04.2008 at 16:56

What's wrong with this album, i find it actually good to say the least. Either you're not that fond of thrash or you're very pessimistic about this band, because honestly their new stuff rocks ..
Charly546 - 19.04.2008 at 22:04
Meh. I hoped for something mediocre, seeing that Skolnick has rejoined Testament. But sadly, this album sucks.

And I agree with "The Legacy" being their only good album.
Dangerboner - 20.04.2008 at 05:00
yeah, I'm pretty disappointed with this album too. It's not bad or anything, but I guess I was hoping for more of a triumphant return.
Syk - 25.04.2008 at 14:02
Written by Visioneerie on 19.04.2008 at 18:29
What's actually good about it? Ninety percent of it beggars belief that they still call themselves thrash. I'd rather listen to an actual emo song (wtf? yes.) than the horrid abomination that is track 5. The whole thing reeks of wanting too much for the success that happened on Trivium and Pantera, and creativity levels lower than the Philippine Trench.

This album is for anyone who's too much of a pussy for Tempo of the Damned. The intro to The Persecuted Won't Forget is just about all that prevents me from giving it 1/10...

News Misery Index - Entire New Album Streaming Online 8.5 08.10.2008 by Visioneerie
News Napalm Death - Entire New Album Streaming Online 8.5 24.02.2012 by Sync
News Before The Dawn - Entire New Album Streaming Online 8.5 22.10.2008 by BestMetalstormer
News Saint Vitus - Entire New Album Streaming Online 8.5 15.05.2012 by strade