Swedish progressive death metal band Opeth have made an edit of a new song called "Lotus Eater" available online. The upcoming Opeth album "Watershed" will be released on 3th June at Roadrunner Records. You can download the song at this location.

In other news, Opeth have recently filmed a promotional video to an edit of the song "Porcelain Heart". The clip was directed by Lasse Hoile (Porcupine Tree etc) and shot in Vaxholm/Sweden at the marvellous Bogesund castle, built in the 1640's. The edit was done by Jens Bogren and Mikael Åkerfeldt. Mikael comments: "I think the video came out great! The location and the castle was beyond gorgeous, even though it was cold and empty in there and...yeah, a little scary too. Lasse and his team as well as the actors did a great job! The clip is very gothic looking which I think is the perfect imagery for the song and for Opeth overall I suppose. Really enjoyed filming that one actually!" Check out a few screen-shots here! The video can be watched by clicking this link.

Source: opeth.com
Band profile: Opeth

Posted: 23.04.2008 by abattoir

Comments

Clintagram - 23.04.2008 at 19:42
I've heard this and another song and, well, it's classic Opeth. But for me that means not very interesting.
Locke - 23.04.2008 at 23:37
Opeth can do no wrong
Sepulchre - 23.04.2008 at 23:41
Good song and video
Lone Reaper - 23.04.2008 at 23:44
"Porcelain Heart" is very doomish song...
Iron Man (Ger) - 24.04.2008 at 00:03
A really great video, and yes a bit doomish...
addiction - 24.04.2008 at 01:53
my god i feel like a junkie now...i had a little bit which makes me feel great but the effects will not last long...i will need another dose very soon...
the video is really good as is the song as well!!!
i think that mikael's progressive rock influences are showing more and more....dont know if this is good or bad, and obviously i dont know how the rest of the album will be...but it looks very promising!
oh and an important btw!!!! the girl in the video is hot as hell itself!!!!!!!
b0000mst1ck - 24.04.2008 at 03:03
this only made me that much more excited for it's release. counting down the days...
enumaelis - 24.04.2008 at 03:31
wooow amazing song, each album I like them more
ArtiA - 24.04.2008 at 08:23
that so good songs . I will take a clip and I know that is better than before
Katatronik - 24.04.2008 at 14:33
Yeah! very gothic video, and an amazing song as usual...
Can't wait for the album!
MINDSI1618 - 24.04.2008 at 17:27
Wow the video and the song for it are awesome! Reminds me of Swallow the Sun. Hope the whole album is this good. But the first song did not really impress me and I don't know why since Opeth is my fav.
tiimmmmmyyy - 24.04.2008 at 20:52
woah... martin mendez cut his hair... i like the song, even though it is an edit. i'm sure the original will be much better.
Nickferatu367 - 25.04.2008 at 00:41
so when is the "3th" of june?
Sulvrot - 25.04.2008 at 00:47
Seems kind of odd dor them to make a video of a song with no death growls. Don't get me wrong, Damnation is one of my favorite albums of all time, it just seems like this isn't the best representation of their sound. Mikael has one of the best growls in the business. However, I guess a video without the growls will help attract a wider audience to the CD. Well, regardless, I love Opeth, and can't wait to get the new album!
Locke - 25.04.2008 at 07:40
Written by Sulvrot on 25.04.2008 at 00:47

I know that bugged the crap out of me. Should've done a vid for the Lotus Eaters song.
Doc Godin - 27.04.2008 at 03:09
Well, personally Im split on what this album will offer, I thought that Porcelain Heart song is crap. But I think Lotus Eater is absolutely amazing!
Duy Hung - 27.04.2008 at 22:06
The song is OK to me, but the video is awful, don't really like it
Mr. Doctor - 27.04.2008 at 22:45
Mmmmm
It's really hard to give an opinion.
It has still some references to Ghost Reveries... and I hated that album.
But for some reasons.. this albums seems better.

I don't know what to think... Porcelain Heart was nice but not espectacular... great solo btw.
Lotus Eater was also very good, but I just don't know what to think... It's a very bizarre song... with a rock feeling on it

I think that I don't hate this songs because NOW i found the keyboards to be good.
In GR they were useless and even terrible... this time they were better and gave some feeling.

Mikael's growls.... They are not as good as before... it seems so for me.
tulkas - 28.04.2008 at 08:59
hmm, lotus eater is good, not the best they have imo, but it's still an ok song.
porcelain heart, i'm kinda split here. the video is great, i actually like it a lot, but i still don't know about the song. there were parts i liked and some i didn't. i'll have to watch it couple more times, see if i can 'get it' and then i'll probbaly like it.
Evil Chip - 02.05.2008 at 20:35
Loved the video and the song, I think is the best single Opeth has ever had. I had problems to get into the more complex drumming of axenrot. The acoustic parts are stronger now and the leadings too. I hope the rest of the album will be like this. We will se more growling in the rest of the album.
Memento Mori - 21.06.2008 at 08:07
i want to see it

News Morgana Lefay - New Song And Video Online 8.5 18.05.2007 by Icewings
News Drone - New Video And Song Online 8.5 06.03.2009 by RauLBlythe
News Akphaezya - New Video And Song Online 8.5 16.01.2012 by Fat & Sassy!
News Nocturnal Rites - New Song And Video Online 8.5 17.04.2007 by White Winter Sun
News Poisonblack - New Song And Live Video Online 8.5 03.09.2008 by Katatronik