September 26th is edging closer, the official release date for the new Van Canto album "Hero".

If you just can't wait any longer to hear the new songs, then we've got good news for you! Effective immediately, you can check out a pre-listening session for the whole album at Metal Hammer.

Along with the normal CD, "Hero" will also contain a DVD. The track list is right here:

CD:
01. Speed of Light
02. Kings of Metal (Manowar cover)
03. Pathfinder
04. Wishmaster (Nightwish cover)
05. The Bard's Song - In the Forest (Blind Guardian cover)
06. Quest for Roar
07. Stormbringer (Deep Purple cover)
08. Take to the Sky
09. Fear of the Dark (Iron Maiden cover)
10. Hero

DVD
01. The Mission Videoclip
02. Battery Videoclip (Metallica cover)
03. Making of "Battery"
04. Speed of Light Videoclip
05. Making of "Speed of Light"
06. Rain Videoclip
07. Brazil Video
08. Studio Report
09. Track by Track
10. Photo Gallery

Source: vancanto.de
Band profile: Van Canto

Posted: 22.09.2008 by Juliana

Comments

corrupt - 22.09.2008 at 13:35
These guys are great. Anyone who doesn't know them should really give them a try. Mabe takes a while to get into but it's great party music
CyGuy6587 - 22.09.2008 at 16:44
The Wishmaster and Bard's Song covers sound awesome, think I'll be getting this
GT - 22.09.2008 at 17:44
Sounds pretty good.
ApocalypticaMax3 - 22.09.2008 at 19:08
WOAH

Wishmaster is SO good! Van canto are gods XD I love their cover =)
Abattoir - 22.09.2008 at 22:28
Well, interesting staff I suppose...might get this one.
Ivor - 23.09.2008 at 00:01
To be really honest, there's one particular thing that bothers me about Van Canto - it's the drums. I mean, it's a capella with drums. With all due respect, Van Canto is excellent, but this sole fact bothers me. Especially so after I saw a Finnish a capella band called Fork live about year ago. They are not a "metal" band but just listen to their version of "Bohemian Rhapsody" or Teräsbetoni and Gary Moore's "Over the Hills and Far Away" Nightwish style medley. Now, that's a capella!

I.
Black Conundrum - 23.09.2008 at 05:13
Van Canto is a great band.
Graveshift - 23.09.2008 at 15:28
This sounds like good news I loved the 2006 album. However I think that stormbringer is a Deep Purple cover...
Syk - 26.09.2008 at 07:39
Written by Graveshift on 23.09.2008 at 15:28
I think that stormbringer is a Deep Purple cover...
Indeed! Don't know why they didn't mention this on their own page. News corrected (and no, track 8 is not a Jag Panzer cover)

personal opinion: a bit disappointing, the sound doesn't seem to match the mood of the song... same goes for FotD
The Shape 1973 - 29.12.2008 at 23:36
Diddley diddley diddley dee, diddley diddley diddley dum, diddley diddley diddley doo. No no no no this is just wrong, yes they can sing but please stop the diddley diddley.

News Van Canto - New Album Snippets Online 10.5 27.11.2013 by LeKiwi
News Hatriot - New Album Samples Available Online 8.5 23.01.2013 by Rulatore
News Devin Townsend - New Album Samples Available Online 8.5 04.08.2012 by
News Suidakra - New Album Samples Online 7 25.05.2013 by Truemetaljope
News The Eternal - Finish Recording New Album, Samples Online 7 15.05.2010 by Black Conundrum