September 2, 2008

The news came straight from Tommy that Darkseed have decided to officially reform.

Harald Winkler (formerly on drums) has returned to Darkseed to handle vocals for the upcoming reunion show! [note: The Helion Festival which occured October 4th).

And on top of that, Darkseed will be entering the studio soon to work on a new album. More details will be posted as they become available!

Stay tuned for more news on Darkseed's future and upcoming work!

- Don

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Darkseed

Posted: 06.10.2008 by dismaleuphony

Comments

LeChron James - 06.10.2008 at 12:37
why did they break up to begin with?
Angel_Lament - 06.10.2008 at 13:13
Wow, thats nice news, though I liked the former vocalist
Promonex - 06.10.2008 at 14:21
@LeChron: because their former vocalist Stefan Hertrich left the band and the rest of the band thought that Darkseed without Stefan isn't Darkseed. I'm disappointed to see that they've changed their minds
Dark Forever - 06.10.2008 at 16:02
Nice news

Hope the new album will sound like Ultimate Darkness. I just hope that the new vocals are as good as Stefan's.
Black Conundrum - 07.10.2008 at 01:20
I don't know whether I've heard of this band before. I did a little research, and have decided that I would like to check this band's music out sometime. It's cool they've reunited.
Iced Angel - 08.10.2008 at 03:34
Awesome news ... I love them.
But without Stefan .... He was not just a singer, but a composer as well. He did most of the stuff in the band.
dismaleuphony - 11.10.2008 at 09:17
Yes I found this news and had to read it a few times to figure exactly how I felt about this... and I feel very uneasy about it all. Not just because the band has suddenly changed its mind on leaving Darkseed's legacy alone, but I wonder if the new sound will be anything like what Darkseed did on their last 3 albums, let alone the lesser known ones before that. I'm totally enthusiastic about the remaining Darkseed members pursuing another album, but I just hope that using the Darkseed name is not just for easy fan recognition and quick sales, and really matches the Darkseed legacy.

News Darkseed - Part Ways With Vocalist, Replacement Announced 7.5 05.01.2012 by Milena
News Xandria - Part Ways With Vocalist 4.5 20.02.2010 by LeChron James