Elis have posted the following statement about the new upcoming album:

"We decided that the new Elis record will be named "Catharsis". We were discussing a lot about what fits best to the stories the songs on our new album tell, and we hat a lot of different options, some of them really quite funny, but when we finally came to the name "Catharsis" it was clear that this says it with one word.

Vocalist Sandra Schleret comments: "Some time ago, shortly before I joined Elis, I had to go through a very hard time, physical wise the hardest experience in my life. I was fighting against a severe disease, and while my body was struggling I felt my soul started to go it's own way. I came to new insights, and started to develop a very intense strength, like I never would have imagined I would be able to, but which was really essential for me at that time. I was taken out of the "real life" for about half a year, and felt like an onlooker, not participating in the real world. With the stories I tell on "Catharsis" I am kind of digesting this period in my life, sharing my feelings, fears and also the things I saw as an "outcast" watching the world. The word. "Catharsis" has some different meanings, but for me it represents "the healing of the soul by going through tragedy". As I see it now, to see how magic life can be I also had to experience it's dark side..."

The new album is planned for an early 2009 via Napalm Records. "Catharsis" was recorded at Mastersound Studio in Germany with producer Alex Krull (Atrocity, Leaves' Eyes) and marks the band's first full-length recording with new singer Sandra Schleret, who joined the band in December 2006.

Source: elis.li
Band profile: Elis

Posted: 22.11.2008 by Abattoir

Comments

Entropy - 22.11.2008 at 16:50
Seems nice... maybe ill add it to my wish list...what do you say guys???
Abattoir - 22.11.2008 at 18:50
Well, this could be interesting, will see...
LeChron James - 22.11.2008 at 22:55
Wtf is she doing in that picture? what kinda gesture is that?
Black Conundrum - 22.11.2008 at 23:55
I like the report about this new album. Yes, it does seem like something I want to look forward too. But I agree about the gesture looking a little bit out of place.
ArcesseEum - 23.11.2008 at 00:46
She's invoking gypsie magic... what else would she be doing?
dismaleuphony - 23.11.2008 at 01:03
Great to see that Sandra will be adding her own personal thoughts and experiences on the next Elis release. I'm interested to see how the band has adapted to her style now with songs specifically written for her voice She was really a highlight back during her Dreams Of Sanity recordings.
GT - 23.11.2008 at 22:28
Written by dismaleuphony on 23.11.2008 at 01:03

Can only agree with this. Another release to look forward to
dismaleuphony - 24.11.2008 at 09:39
Written by GT on 23.11.2008 at 22:28

Another release to look forward to

Yes I'm looking forward to the discussions on the new material considering this is a whole new era for them ! I'll be sure to post my thoughts whenever the new CD is in my hands.
Lupas - 02.12.2008 at 17:30
Finally !
I will wait till that day to see of what material they got out with their new singer.

News The Chant - New Album Details 5.5 25.04.2010 by Black Conundrum
News Rush - New Video And More Album Details 5.5 17.05.2007 by Dane Train
News Six Feet Under - Unveil New Album Details, New Song Online 5.5 11.04.2012 by skullkill
News Crowbar - First New Album Details 5.5 27.02.2014 by Jiri
News Anaal Nathrakh - New Album Details Revealed 5.5 06.09.2012 by J. N.