Koch Records announces the addition of critically-acclaimed heavy trio High On Fire to its roster. The band just completed a run of West Coast dates and now will focus on writing the new CD that will be released in Summer 2009.

High On Fire's former record label, Relapse, will release a live album from the group entitled "Live From The Relapse Contamination Festival" on January 6. The eight-song CD was recorded at the 2003 edition of the festival and includes a cover version of Venom's "Witching Hour".

"Live From The Relapse Contamination Festival" tracklisting:

01. Blood From Zion
02. To Cross The Bridge
03. Nemesis
04. Razorhoof
05. Speed Wolf
06. Eyes & Teeth
07. Hung Drawn & Quartered
08. Witching Hour (Venom cover)

Source: marketwire.com
Band profile: High On Fire

Posted: 17.12.2008 by ArtiA

Comments

Doc Godin - 17.12.2008 at 17:02
Nice! Good to see they are re-release the Contamination Festival live album (the original was limited quantity). And a new album! Oh happy day. Just hoping they continue to get the promotion they've been getting with the last 2 albums.
-DC-002- - 17.12.2008 at 17:05
I've been waiting to hear about something on a new release from them and I got confirmation on two, very cool. I didn't even know they weren't signed.
BitterCOld - 17.12.2008 at 17:31
Seems like an odd choice. not many metal or even hard rock bands on the label. not sure why HOF is no longer with relapse, and i hope that they get adequate support from their new home.
Luciferion - 17.12.2008 at 19:27
Hopefully they can keep releasing teh same caliber of product that they have to date, with this new label. Either way its a CD that I will be waiting anxiously to pick up.
Frankenchrist - 17.12.2008 at 20:31
Sweeeeeeet
opeth771 - 18.12.2008 at 01:08
I saw them opening for Opeth.. Very boring band
Doc Godin - 18.12.2008 at 04:08
Written by opeth771 on 18.12.2008 at 01:08

I saw them opening for Opeth.. Very boring band

I've seen Opeth twice and HoF once, Matt Pike has more stage presence in his left testicle than Akerfeldt has in his entire being (this coming from an Opeth fan, nothing meant against Alerfeldt, just Matt Pike has much more energy on stage).

I'd really like to know whats so boring about them? Is it the fact they don't drown their music in keyboards like Nightwish, Blind Guardian, Sonata Arctica, Kalmah or Ensiferum?
-DC-002- - 18.12.2008 at 06:45
Written by Doc Godin on 18.12.2008 at 04:08

Written by opeth771 on 18.12.2008 at 01:08

I saw them opening for Opeth.. Very boring band

Totally. Matt Pike is so fun to watch on stage. He looks like hes having the best time of his life at every moment. Opeth just kinda stands there and lets the sound do the work while HoF takes the energy their music creates and moves and grooves with it. HoF isn't boring at all but it seems like their either amazing or horrible depending on the person
Luciferion - 18.12.2008 at 19:30
Written by -DC-002- on 18.12.2008 at 06:45

Written by Doc Godin on 18.12.2008 at 04:08

Written by opeth771 on 18.12.2008 at 01:08

I saw them opening for Opeth.. Very boring band

Definetly not a boring band, i saw them with opeth as well, and otehr then having a shorter set, they demolished opeth in pure stage skills and energy.
opeth771 - 19.12.2008 at 01:28
Written by Luciferion on 18.12.2008 at 19:30

Written by -DC-002- on 18.12.2008 at 06:45

Written by Doc Godin on 18.12.2008 at 04:08

Written by opeth771 on 18.12.2008 at 01:08

I saw them opening for Opeth.. Very boring band

ROFL dude!!! I agree with you that high on fire has more energy on stage and are moving much more than Opeth. BUT, High on Fire's stuff is so much basic and easy to play compared to Opeth.

High on Fire is boring... same riff... no progression at all. Anyways, its just a question of taste I guess..
-DC-002- - 19.12.2008 at 01:54
Written by opeth771 on 19.12.2008 at 01:28

Written by Luciferion on 18.12.2008 at 19:30

Written by -DC-002- on 18.12.2008 at 06:45

Written by Doc Godin on 18.12.2008 at 04:08

Written by opeth771 on 18.12.2008 at 01:08

I saw them opening for Opeth.. Very boring band

Your wrong on Hof's stuff being basic. Pike's solos are crazy and no shit they don't show much progression, their a Sludge Metal band. Their not a Prog band like Opeth which is expected to have layered and technical songs and show chord progression.
Black Conundrum - 19.12.2008 at 04:15
High on Fire is a pretty cool band. I hoep they have a positive time and great albums released through Koch Records.
opeth771 - 19.12.2008 at 05:11
Quote:

Which brings me back to my PERSONAL opinion... this band is boring...
opeth771 - 19.12.2008 at 05:15
Quote:

What is so boring about High on Fire, is that their whole songs have the same riffs repeating all over again. And dude, the vocals are horrible.
Doc Godin - 19.12.2008 at 05:28
Quote:
Written by opeth771 on 19.12.2008 at 05:15

If you put that much emphasis on "skilled" vocals perhaps you should be listening to pop music instead? Mariah Carey is a very good vocalist, you'd probably like her. Their latest album was in fact very dynamic, with inclusions of unique instruments perfectly fitting into the sludgy grooves.....but something tells me you haven't actually listened to more than a song or two so I'll just stop wasting my time.
Doc Godin - 19.12.2008 at 07:51
Written by BitterCOld on 17.12.2008 at 17:31

Even moving away from Relapse seems like an odd choice in itself, they seem to be a perfect fit on that label. Even moving to Earache would seem logical. Unless Koch carries is kind of an indie/alternative/hipster rock label then I could understand, High On Fire seem to strike a chord with the whole hipster crowd.
opeth771 - 20.12.2008 at 01:26
Quote:
Written by Doc Godin on 19.12.2008 at 05:28

Written by opeth771 on 19.12.2008 at 05:15

Like I already said, Ive seen them live opening for Opeth. Nachtmystium had to cancel their tour, so HoF played for 1 hour. People were very bored by their music, you could tell because barely anybody was moving, and nobody really cheering.

I also visited their myspace page, because I remember bands I didn't like live and then listening to their CD, I thought it was ok. But its different with high on fire, i just can't get into it.

This is just my opinion, I won't hate you because you love High on Fire, its your taste. But I find them boring.

News Rhapsody Of Fire - Sign With AFM Records 7 12.12.2012 by Opethian
News The Murder Of My Sweet - Sign With AFM Records 5.5 17.08.2011 by Troy Killjoy
News Enthroned - Sign With Agonia Records 5.5 17.12.2011 by AtrumHiberna