Alice In Chains have posted the following band update on their MySpace:

"As most of you who have been paying attention have already figured out, the new Alice In Chains album is finally complete. We've been in the studio since October, and since it all began we celebrated 6 major holidays, elected a new President of the United States, crowned new World Series and Super Bowl champs, endured fires, earthquakes, & blackouts in and around Los Angeles, took a 2 1/2 week break to go to Australia, and to cap it all off, William & Jerry finally euthanized their beards.

This long, arduous process is complete, and although there's still a lot of work to be done, the songs are in the can and that's the most important thing. So what can I tell you when I look back on the last six months? I can tell you that the monotony of 12 to 16 hour days in the studio can be broken up by multiple costumes & hair styles, hours and hours of dice games, any sort of dialogue delivered in a heavily accentuated southern drawl, and a slew of special guests dropping by the studio.

Most of all I can tell you that some amazing songs were written and recorded. From the heaviest riff-dripping gut puncher to the most sadly beautiful song I think this band has ever recorded, I honestly believe that this album will return Alice In Chains to the top of the hard rock heap. So now the next few months are dedicated to things like album artwork, lining up interviews & press, shooting videos, planning tours, and figuring out whether to bury Jerry & William's beards at sea or donate them to science.

Hopefully these new songs will strike a chord and make a similar impact on all of you out there that were moved by this band in the first place. These songs have definitely done that with me, and frankly I'm getting pretty sick and tired of loving this stuff alone, so I can't wait for it to be released so it'll become your favorite record of 2009 and we can discuss it at the shows.

So clear a slot in your CD shelf and schedule maternity leave from work in September, because the long drought will be over soon."

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Alice In Chains

Posted: 14.04.2009 by Doom From North

Comments

addiction - 14.04.2009 at 11:54
Great news! i'm happy! can't wait to listen to the new album!!!
Uirapuru - 14.04.2009 at 14:45
Hmm Interesting...
Kap'N Korrupt - 14.04.2009 at 20:19
A new Alice In Chains album sounds weird because I thought it would never happen...I never actually heard their new vocalist ever...this should be fun...
Nosurper - 14.04.2009 at 20:41
The new guy has a lot to live up to..im sure they wouldnt do this unless it felt right though. by far my most anticipated release this year, cant wait.
matos - 14.04.2009 at 21:28
Beards episode is fun
although i was very sceptic about this new album, i feel a bit more confident about it now, but don't expect too much, it's still layne-less album
metallikat69 - 14.04.2009 at 23:56
Fuck yea man!!!
brandomaster90 - 15.04.2009 at 00:48
Is the new singer good?
Black Conundrum - 15.04.2009 at 05:47
I heard about this band's reunion in Revolver magazine (May 2009). The same one where I read about Agoraphobic Nosebleed, as stated in their most recent news thing. I'm not really that familiar with this band, to be honest. I think I'm too busy pursuping lesser-known bands to pay attention to this one, which kind of sucks. There are a few famous bands that get that from me.
Opethian - 15.04.2009 at 10:17
Hmm ill youtube it hahaha. Next up a new Nirvana cd haha you know ??

News Alice In Chains - Unveil New Album Cover And Release Date 9 23.03.2013 by Cynic Metalhead
News Death Angel - Complete Mixing New Album 7 07.07.2013 by Captain Cumbeard
News Lamb Of God - Complete Work On New Album 5.5 27.10.2011 by Troy Killjoy
News Windhand - Complete New Album, US Tour Next Month 5.5 20.05.2013 by Draugen
News Suffocation, Alice In Chains - New Albums Streaming Online 5.5 20.09.2006 by Passenger