Original news, posted on 23.06.2009

Polish metallers Behemoth have posted online a new song, "Ov Fire And The Void", on their MySpace page.

"Ov Fire And The Void" comes off the band's forthcoming album, entitled "Evangelion", which is scheduled for release on August 7 in Europe via Nuclear Blast Records and August 11 in North America through Metal Blade.

"Evangelion" [cover art] tracklisting:

01. Daimonos
02. Shemhamforash
03. Ov Fire And The Void
04. Transmigrating Beyond Realms Ov Amenti
05. He Who Breeds Pestilence
06. The Seed Ov I
07. Alas, Lord Is Upon Me
08. Defiling Morality Ov Black God
09. Lucifer

UPDATED, on 23.07.2009

Polish metallers Behemoth have posted online another new song, "Shemhamforash", on their MySpace page.

"Shemhamforash" comes off the band's forthcoming album, entitled "Evangelion", which will be released on August 7 in Europe via Nuclear Blast Records and on August 11 in North America through Metal Blade Records.

UPDATE

"Ov Fire And The Void", the new video from Polish metallers Behemoth, has been made available online. The video was filmed by Grupa 13 in Poland.

Nergal comments on the video: "We are proud and we are satisfied. This is our life's work and we are happy to finally get it out to people. Watch and enjoy!"

"Ov Fire And The Void" comes off the band's forthcoming album, entitled "Evangelion", which will be released on August 7 in Europe via Nuclear Blast Records and on August 11 in North America through Metal Blade Records.

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Behemoth

Posted: 07.08.2009 by Deadmeat

Comments

Deadmeat - 23.06.2009 at 21:33
As i said on the forum, the new song is decent but not great...
Marcus - 23.06.2009 at 22:12
Meh, its extremely mediocre. I like it, but its nothin' new.
Winterfog - 23.06.2009 at 22:18
Again the drums save the song from being mediocre...
Uirapuru - 23.06.2009 at 23:04
Hoping for super-fast-killer ''Slaves shall serve''-like songs in this album.

This one was ok, nothing exceptional.
Eddie Misery - 26.06.2009 at 23:12
Extremely mediocre? Haha--I thought it was pretty damn kickass. You have to dig a bit deeper than just...not brutal enough, or whatever. There's so much raw feeling in the song. It was chilling and empowering, and the music serves as such a perfect conduit for the lyrics. I'm a long time fan of Behemoth, and I highly enjoyed the new song. I'm very much looking forward to the release of Evangelion.

Carrion Misery - 26.06.2009 at 23:21
I don't listen to metal for one song. The entire CD is the package for me. I need to listen to this song relative to the others on Evangelion. Personally I think Ov Fire and the Void is refreshingly infernal and diabolical. This kind of song is what I've been waiting for from Behemoth. Speed doesn't mean a damn thing without feeling and these song has licks of both. We're all different and that's fine. I'll express my difference by not jumping on the cynicism bandwagon.
Ragana - 27.06.2009 at 00:31
Well, I definitely like the beginning of the song. And I'm actually more interested in those Behemoth's songs which aren't very fast, imo, they sound better.

Btw, artwork of the album looks cool.
Charcharoth - 27.06.2009 at 17:19
Hmm its hard to say before we have the entire album but i am fairly impressed with this song, especially with the riffing which was really good. It seems that behemoth will continue in the vein of there 2 last records and concidering how good they are that is a good thing. Still it will be hard to top there last 2 efforts, i will have to wait for the record and se
ThunderAxe1989 - 27.06.2009 at 17:30
I don't really like the song. they're not what they used to be.
BreadGod - 27.06.2009 at 17:55
As always, Inferno is an absolute monster behind the drum kit, but other than that, the new song isn't all that interesting. What I'm hoping for are some ultra-brutal songs akin to 'Slaying the Prophets ov Isa' on the new album.
Bizzaremifo - 30.06.2009 at 09:57
I like a new song a lot !!! Their music style is immutable.
SyBReeD - 01.07.2009 at 19:49
Behemoth is still behemoth ..
they will never change ...
for one reason . cause it took them ages to convert from Black to death ..
and when they reached the death level .. they were already Dead

but still great
hail SATAN
pazuzu - 22.07.2009 at 14:23
For those of you who are hoping for a brutal blastsong, just listen to Shemaforash, Daimonos or four or five more songs from the album. They will rape and kill you. Daimonos is my personal favourite. Of course there are a few heavier songs, like Ov Fire and the Void, but that gives the album some kind of balance.
Valaskjalf - 28.07.2009 at 03:09
YAWN! This is so 2006

blast beat, WAA WAA, slow meandering riff, WAA WAA

They totally lost it after Demigod
Daggon - 17.08.2009 at 02:25
I don't know why the video was censored on youtube, it was because of the naked fat lady? Or because all the hilarious things like them eating pillows?

News Behemoth - New Song Online 9 29.10.2008 by shadow616
News Wolfchant - New Song Online 5.5 24.03.2009 by kayla
News Hexen - New Song Online, Album Release Date Announced 5.5 09.05.2012 by Troy Killjoy
News Animals As Leaders - New Song Online 5.5 10.10.2011 by BenWasHere