Scar Symmetry have announced the tracklist of their upcoming masterpiece "Dark Matter Dimensions":

01. The Iconoclast
02. The Consciousness Eaters
03. Noumenon And Phenomenon
04. Ascension Chamber
05. Mechanical Soul Cybernetics
06. Non-Human Era
07. Dark Matter Dimensions
08. Sculptor Void
09. A Parenthesis In Eternity
10. Frequency-Shifter
11. Radiant Strain
12. Pariah

Drummer Henrik Ohlsson also commented on the choice of the album title and its artwork: "The album title came from the scientific fact that you can't see at least 95% of the universe and despite that fact we behave like we know everything there is to know. We trust our eyes even though they give us a very limited range of perception and we dismiss things because they seem to defy our narrow and cynical sense of logic. The title "Dark Matter Dimensions" stands for an appreciation and acknowledgement of the unseen worlds and dimensions, because without the existence of these unseen forces our physical universe would never be able to exist. These so-called "Dark Matter Dimensions", a term I use for everything unseen, orchestrates everything our eyes are allowed to see. And you can bring this down to a personal level aswell, from the macrocosmic to the microcosmic, and realize that our appearance stands for a small percentage of who we are. At least 95% of what we are consists of consciousness, thoughts, feelings and other unseen activities. So the term "Dark Matter Dimensions" applies on both macrocosmic and microcosmic levels. As above, so below.

As for the artwork I view at as a peak into a possible dark matter dimension, a surreal planetary body that defies our sense of what a planet looks like. Spontaneously I come think of it as a symbolic version of the current state of the earth."

The album is set to be released on October 2nd via Nuclear Blast.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Scar Symmetry

Posted: 16.08.2009 by Abattoir

Comments

Vitriolic Hate - 21.07.2009 at 15:00
I'm sure it wouldn't be compare to the previous ones, cause without Christian will be mediocre!! but anyway let's see!!
FeskarN - 21.07.2009 at 15:19
Written by Vitriolic Hate on 21.07.2009 at 15:00

agree, Christian was one of the part that makes Scar Symmetry sounds unique. And the new clean vocalist sounds more power metal, and it does not fit for this kind of music imo. The cover art was really boring too.
Vitriolic Hate - 21.07.2009 at 15:21
Written by FeskarN on 21.07.2009 at 15:19

Written by Vitriolic Hate on 21.07.2009 at 15:00

agreed & yeah the cover is mediocre too!!!
VanHelsing - 21.07.2009 at 18:35
I like the cover but I'm concerned about it, I think this album will be the end of the Scar Symmetry I loved... No Christian =
Ag Fox - 21.07.2009 at 20:13
I was quite happy with Holographic universe, and I'm surprised at how quickly they are coming up with a new album already
VanHelsing - 21.07.2009 at 21:10
Well they didn't tour with Holographic Universe so they had plenty of time
Black Conundrum - 21.07.2009 at 22:49
I think the album cover is not atypical of Scar Symmetry; it's rather unique. I never thought that a pile of junk would be so nice looking (referring to the circle of miscellaneous objects on the picture).
Thanntos - 22.07.2009 at 00:45
Nice cover, can't wait for this album! Interested in how the new vocalists will do.
Siegreicher - 22.07.2009 at 02:13
I agree with Norm, Christian is an amazing vocalist and the band will not be the same without him, but Jonas and Per and the rest are amazing musicians and i think they will continue to make fantastic music even if its going in a slightly different direction
LeChron James - 22.07.2009 at 03:12
Odd album cover. hopefully its good.
-Morbid- - 22.07.2009 at 03:58
Written by FeskarN on 21.07.2009 at 15:19

I agree with this.

I severely doubt this will live up to their earlier releases.
Promonex - 22.07.2009 at 10:50
Let's just see how this turns out. No one thought Ensiferum would be the same without Jari and they turned out better than ever. Looking forward to this one
MetalAlex - 22.07.2009 at 12:27
I'm not a big fan of them,
hope with new singers they will become better
lord artan - 22.07.2009 at 18:36
Oh my god i can not wait i love this band
MissRagnarok - 23.07.2009 at 19:09
I'm looking forward to it! =) it still sucks a lot about Christian not being with the band anymore, but the new vocalists are pretty awesome as well imo (at least they are live, so probably better in studio) and the rest of the band are still the same guys, so I hold my hopes high! and that cover don't look all that bad, really.. okay the others looked better (especially Holographic Universe OMG!) but still..
The Shape 1973 - 16.08.2009 at 14:53
Have you read that press release from the drummer, wow that guy needs to lighten up, think he has swallowed a dictionary.
Vitriolic Hate - 16.08.2009 at 16:38
Written by The Shape 1973 on 16.08.2009 at 14:53

maybe
lord artan - 16.08.2009 at 17:06
Oh yessssssssss i love scar... thank a lot
selken - 16.08.2009 at 17:37
I don't know what to expect, but since their music is also good, besides the vocals, I think I'll like it

Are there any audio samples????
Harlequin - 16.08.2009 at 18:25
The artwork sucks. Big time.
Asitis - 16.08.2009 at 20:14
Well I like the artwork. Techy, abstracy, kinda darkish, very Scar Symmetry. Let's hope the first song (The Iconoclast) has something to do with Heaven Shall Burn's latest album - less powery and more brutal!!
Wes - 16.08.2009 at 20:25
It will be good, im sure it wil. The new vocalists will surprise everyone
Black Conundrum - 17.08.2009 at 00:00
This sounds like some smart material; Henrik Ohlsson gave a thoughtful explanation about the album's title. It was very interesting.
White Winter Sun - 17.08.2009 at 00:34
I'm curious to see how will be this new album with their new line-up. I'm looking forward to listen to some audio samples in the coming weeks.
Locke - 17.08.2009 at 15:05
Jesus wait until some samples leak before you all start bitching about how much the album sucks.

News Blaze Bayley - New Album Title And Cover Art Revealed 12 04.11.2009 by Vitriolic Hate
News Nervecell - New Album Title And Cover Art Revealed 11.5 19.01.2011 by X5452
News Severe Torture - New Album Title, Cover Art And Release Date Revealed 11.5 09.04.2010 by BenWasHere
News Blackguard - New Album Title, Cover Art And Release Date Revealed 11.5 08.01.2011 by
News Exodus - New Album Title, Cover Art And More Revealed 11.5 01.08.2014 by Marcel Hubregtse