Hungarian folk metallers, Dalriada have announced the cover artwork and song titles of their upcoming album "Arany-Album". The album contains poems of János Arany (one of the greatest Hungarian poets) and will be released at the end of September via Hammer Records.

"Arany-Album" [cover art] tracklist:

01. Ágnes Asszony (Part 1-2)
02. Bor Vitéz
03. János Pap Országa
04. Szent László (Part 1-2)
05. Zách Klára
06. A Rab Gólya
07. A Walesi Bárdok (Part 1-3)
08. Szondi Két Apródja (Part 1-2)

Source: echoofdalriada.hu
Band profile: Dalriada

Posted: 19.08.2009 by Janne

Comments

tricky - 19.08.2009 at 18:30
...but it seems, there are just 5 new tracks on this cd.. ...or were 06-08 songs re-recorded at least?
csiga - 19.08.2009 at 18:33
I'm waiting so much this album, the songs of Arany János r great, and how Dalriada process these.. it's perfect. And another reason why will be quite interesting, they used more folk instruments than earlier ever.
Thryce - 19.08.2009 at 19:46
Hungarian poems, which I don't even understand, and generic folk metal. Exactly what I was waiting for.

(Hey, at least I wasted some of my time checking the band out before making my mind up about them. So the joke's on this sucker)
Giok99 - 19.08.2009 at 21:07
Great news, never have enough of Dalriada.
Janne - 19.08.2009 at 22:26
Thanks the staff for accepting it so fast! and the corrections as well
Pétur - 19.08.2009 at 23:03
Written by Thryce on 19.08.2009 at 19:46

It's better then your generic thrash metal

Anyway, previous albums were good and I hope this one will be as well.
Ellrohir - 19.08.2009 at 23:10
From this point it seems a bit uninteresting even for me (especially i find the cover art totally unimpressive)...but i will wait and see...
Thryce - 19.08.2009 at 23:34
Written by Pétur on 19.08.2009 at 23:03

It's better then your generic thrash metal

Haha! As if.
Marcel Hubregtse - 19.08.2009 at 23:37
Written by Thryce on 19.08.2009 at 23:34

Written by Pétur on 19.08.2009 at 23:03

It's better then your generic thrash metal

Haha! As if.

Folk metal is for people who can't stand their metal to be powerful
dismaleuphony - 19.08.2009 at 23:48
I'll check out the new album again, though I have yet to be impressed, particularly vocally. The songs from their more recent album had vocals that I just could not listen to. It's no problem with the language, I love The Moon And The Nightspirit's vocals, but not here with this band so far. Hopefully the new album will bring some more interesting songwriting and better studio efforts. The concept to me is intriguing (and I do like the cover art), though I have no clue what the poems will be about, nor will I likely ever
Angel_Lament - 20.08.2009 at 00:43
Pre albums were good, Im sure this will be too, Nice Artwork....
Marcel Hubregtse - 20.08.2009 at 00:54
I really like the artwok as well. Very fitting for such an album as this seeing the songs are all poems by the guy on the cover.
Black Conundrum - 20.08.2009 at 03:14
Well, this has got to be interesting. This is a pretty original concept for an album.
Jan Destiny - 20.08.2009 at 12:07
The Album of the year for me!
It's sounds really good!
Janne - 20.08.2009 at 19:18
This is an album that I'll listen to with my literature teacher XD
I understand you that you aren't so enthisisatic like us(hungarians) because you don't know and understand Arany János poems.
but this will be their best and most original album!
Marcel Hubregtse - 20.08.2009 at 19:24
Written by Janne on 20.08.2009 at 19:18

This is an album that I'll listen to with my literature teacher XD
but this will be their best and most original album!

I don't care for lyrics so that wouldn't be a problem for me. It's just that I find this band's music just horribly generic folk metal at best with a truly excuciatingly bad vocalist.

But I do give them credit for using a famous Hungarians poems as basis for their music. Always more interesting then singing about vikings, damsels in distress and dragons and trolls for a change.
Janne - 20.08.2009 at 20:08
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.08.2009 at 19:24

Written by Janne on 20.08.2009 at 19:18

This is an album that I'll listen to with my literature teacher XD
but this will be their best and most original album!

But you do like equilibrium and imo these 2 bands are similar in their music. I can't say anything about the vocals because I like both the male and female ones..
and while you don't care about lyrics it's a big pro for me.
Pétur - 20.08.2009 at 22:54
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.08.2009 at 23:37

Written by Thryce on 19.08.2009 at 23:34

Written by Pétur on 19.08.2009 at 23:03

It's better then your generic thrash metal

Haha! As if.

Folk metal is for people who can't stand their metal to be powerful

please don't tell me you call god awful crap like Sacred Reich or any other horrible 80ties bay area thrash metal, powerfull metal
Super_Greg - 21.08.2009 at 12:12
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.08.2009 at 19:24

Written by Janne on 20.08.2009 at 19:18

This is an album that I'll listen to with my literature teacher XD
but this will be their best and most original album!

But metal about vikings and dragons and trolls is awesome!
Marcel Hubregtse - 21.08.2009 at 12:28
Written by Super_Greg on 21.08.2009 at 12:12

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.08.2009 at 19:24

Written by Janne on 20.08.2009 at 19:18

This is an album that I'll listen to with my literature teacher XD
but this will be their best and most original album!

But metal about vikings and dragons and trolls is awesome!

Metal music is awesome but the lyrics in 99% of the cases just downright suck
Ellrohir - 21.08.2009 at 13:46
Why you still have to preach down bands and genres you dont like?
Marcel Hubregtse - 21.08.2009 at 13:48
Written by Ellrohir on 21.08.2009 at 13:46

Why you still have to preach down bands and genres you dont like?

This is a forum, right? So, I have every right to preach down stuff I don't like, just as you have the right to do it with stuff you don't like.
Ellrohir - 21.08.2009 at 14:00
But we (or well, me) dont do it in general, though we can...so i ask, why you do?
Marcel Hubregtse - 21.08.2009 at 14:12
Written by Ellrohir on 21.08.2009 at 14:00

I only do it with certain genres and bands (the ones I really find horrendous and in this case totally poppy as well )
Super_Greg - 22.08.2009 at 03:59
Idk, metal can have amazing lyrics, but usually I just listen for the melodies, the technicality of the instruments. That is what made me obsessed with metal in the first place. They could sing about dinosaurs having anal sex while hang gliding over the grand canyon for all I care, as long as the music is awesome
csiga - 22.08.2009 at 16:17
It's nice to see many people know and like them
Elio - 26.08.2009 at 12:52
One of the worst covers ever.
Ellrohir - 26.08.2009 at 12:58
I'd bet i have seen much worse already
Ellrohir - 26.08.2009 at 17:20
Btw about bad cd covers - http://www.designer-daily.com/25-worst-album-covers-2968
Marcel Hubregtse - 26.08.2009 at 17:31
Written by Ellrohir on 26.08.2009 at 12:58

I'd bet i have seen much worse already

I really don't understand people that say that this is a bad cover. Have they ever seen manowar covers or Sonata or Stratovarius or Rhapsody or a gazillion thrash covers or the one of Striker (the review I posted yesterday)?
Ellrohir - 26.08.2009 at 17:53
Well maybe it is not really "bad", but something like "uninteresting" and "unpromising"...i would say...
Marcel Hubregtse - 26.08.2009 at 18:27
Written by Ellrohir on 26.08.2009 at 17:53

It is interesting imo cause it has the poets face on it and it certainly does yell folk metal at you, plus the drawing is good and NOT some photoshopped crappy affair.
Ellrohir - 26.08.2009 at 18:30
Well since i never heard about this guy, i never saw his face and i wouldn't know who it is, if i weren't told...besides i find his face quite unsympathetic
csiga - 31.10.2009 at 18:07
Written by Ellrohir on 26.08.2009 at 17:20

omfg, the 10th... manowar - anthology is the gayest cover i've ever seen

News Cryptopsy - New Album Artwork And Tracklist Revealed 10 08.06.2012 by psykometal
News Oranssi Pazuzu - New Album Artwork And Tracklist Revealed 10 25.09.2011 by Ag Fox
News Angel Witch - New Album Tracklist And Artwork Revealed 10 15.02.2012 by Amatsu Mikaboshi
News Angra - New Album Artwork And Tracklist Revealed 10 29.08.2006 by Jeff
News Verminous - New Album Cover Artwork And Tracklist Revealed 10 18.03.2013 by RottingDeathHead