Metal Storm logo
MetalStorm.ee - Switches To MetalStorm.net

NOTE: This was posted on April Fools day 2010. Although the contents of this news are not entirely true, the .net part entirely is! A real explanation to what has happened can be found here:

http://www.metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=10756

--

Yup, it finally happened. The underground MetalStorm.ee switched to mainstream as fuck MetalStorm.net.

If you think "holy moly, this means the dawn of a new era," well, congratulations, you discovered the pizza truck with a giant satellite dish right in front of your window. It's been camping there for years, but whatever.

The truth is we started selling out years ago - when we turned the zine into a serious corporate business. That's right, it's all political nowadays. We've been accepting money - good money actually - to make bands like Atreyu, Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet For My Valentine and the likes, visible bands on MS for years now.

After the whole Executive management (what you know as the Staff) and the shareholders (aka the Elite team) got a company car as a New Year's bonus (a pitch-black BMW Z4 E85 - aw yeah, we're those kind of guys), we think it's time to show our true colors - or better yet, untrue colors - and switch to MetalStorm.net.

Not joking around this time.

Of course, somewhere deep in your rotten heart, you all wanted this too. Just look at those Band Suggestions you guys are making. The thing is filled with metalcore/deathcore/crapcore bands, scene shit and even Linkin Park. Good going!

So thanks a bunch for those suggestions! We'll think of you next time we pay a speeding ticket (those BWM's are not made to ride by the speeding rules, or what did you think?) with the money we got from In This Moment, The Devil Wears Prada, Bring Me The Horizon and Oceano to make them a visible band, appearing in the news, reviews and interviews all the time... No, that was an April's Fool's joke... we won't be thinking of you.

We announce this news on April 1st because it perfectly fits our long-term strategy in deceiving you. Hell, in the past years we - intentionally - fed you crap like Disco Storm, Blakk Metul Storm, Flower Storm and whatnot, just to make sure you wouldn't believe this conspiracy theory. That's right, we want you to reject belief in this conspiracy. Because this time, it's all true, MetalStorm.net IS happening.

Around MS Corporation, we tell you what to believe and what not - we always have.

No, seriously, we're not messing around, MetalStorm.net is a fact.

Sincerely yours,

Thryce - Senior vice president of development and public affairs

in coordination with Ivan - Chief Executive Officer

PS: Nope, we're still not adding Dethklok. What are those cartoon characters gonna pay with? Monopoly money?

Source: metalstorm.net
Posted: 01.04.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 127   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 425 users
01.04.2010 - 00:03
Baz Anderson
Staff
Here's me, thanks to you people:

LOADSAMONEY!!

Thank you.
01.04.2010 - 00:04
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Holy fuck that's a nice car!
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
01.04.2010 - 00:05
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Ahahhahahah nice.
01.04.2010 - 00:06
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
01.04.2010 - 00:07
JÄY
Metal slave
Bout time
01.04.2010 - 00:08
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
It's like you didn't even *try* with this joke. XD
01.04.2010 - 00:09
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 01.04.2010 at 00:08

It isn't a joke, we actually own metalstorm.net. Check it out:

http://www.metalstorm.net/
01.04.2010 - 00:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hahaha 1th april shood be more how once per year
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.04.2010 - 00:23
athena
I guess I can get used to it.
01.04.2010 - 00:37
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Cha-fucking-ching, bitches. my direct deposit just came through. i'm off to get a 52" plasma...
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
01.04.2010 - 00:42
Got Mayhem?
Well my mind has been completely fucked with.

Please, I understand it is April 1st but some things just shouldn't be joked about (BMTH...)
----
01.04.2010 - 00:58
skrätte
I Hate You
Does this mean we'll finally get a Dethklok profile?
----
01.04.2010 - 01:01
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Written by skrätte on 01.04.2010 at 00:58

You can find the answer at the end of the statement.
01.04.2010 - 01:04
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
If joke - good

if serious - sad

----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

01.04.2010 - 01:07
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
For cars I've always preferred a Maserati, be it in normal shiny black or matt black
----
loves 小巫
01.04.2010 - 01:10
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Well if you added Atreyu I guess Chevelle could be added as well
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
01.04.2010 - 01:12
skrätte
I Hate You
Written by White Winter Sun on 01.04.2010 at 01:01

Written by skrätte on 01.04.2010 at 00:58

You can find the answer at the end of the statement.

Cartoon Network has the big Adult Swim bucks. I am a consumer whore.

Those pricks in Slipknot are bigger cartoon characters than Dethklok. And they suck a whole lot more.

But far be it from me to argue with the wheels of corporate progress. ALL HAIL MONEYSTORM.NET! Congratulations, my friends. I'll be the first in line when you start charging for memberships.
----
01.04.2010 - 01:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 01.04.2010 at 01:04

if serious - sad

then its be in 27.03, 03.05 whatever other date NOT 1th april
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.04.2010 - 01:19
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
GUYS, WHY DO YOU THINK WE'RE NOT ADDING DETHKLOK?

Those bastards didn't want to pay for it so we're not doing it. Basically I don't give a damn if you want them here or not, all I care about is who's going to pay for it. No one? Then they won't be added.

Now if anyone is willing to pay 1200$ for their profile we'll be talking business.

Bas
Senior Business Development Manager
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
01.04.2010 - 01:22
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Quote:
PS: Nope, we're still not adding Dethklok. What are those cartoon characters gonna pay with? Monopoly money?

I think I just shat myself.
01.04.2010 - 01:22
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Fuck this shit. Us elites didn't get dick all from this cocksucking. We get the shaft once again.

Fuck this site. I quit.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
01.04.2010 - 01:33
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Doc G. on 01.04.2010 at 01:22

Fuck this shit. Us elites didn't get dick all from this cocksucking. We get the shaft once again.

Fuck this site. I quit.

later, skater. can i have your stuffs?

don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
01.04.2010 - 01:38
Baz Anderson
Staff
Well that's two down then (another here).

The more gone that don't want to be a part of this, the better.
01.04.2010 - 01:40
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by BitterCOld on 01.04.2010 at 01:33

Written by Doc G. on 01.04.2010 at 01:22

Fuck this site. I quit.

later, skater. can i have your stuffs?

don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Fuck you old man. I remember you being the first to voice a protest against this move, but as soon as Roadrunner hands you a big wad of cash you smile and shut the fuck up. Way to "stick it to the man", asshole.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
01.04.2010 - 01:45
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by Doc G. on 01.04.2010 at 01:40

Fuck you old man. I remember you being the first to voice a protest against this move, but as soon as Roadrunner hands you a big wad of cash you smile and shut the fuck up. Way to "stick it to the man", asshole.

That's the way life works, the sooner you take your finger out of your ass, grow up and try to understand this kind of thing, the sooner you'll start lighting your cigars with 20$ bills.
I'm off for a smoke.

Bas
Senior Business Development Manager
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
01.04.2010 - 01:53
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Shotty on senior minister of defense.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
01.04.2010 - 02:05
HyperDrifter
Written by Baz Anderson on 01.04.2010 at 00:09

Not according to the Metalstorm logo
01.04.2010 - 02:12
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
Hey, what the fuck? Seriously? Why haven't I been consulted about any of this? I'm with this site since the beginning and now i don't get shit for my contributions?

Ivan can go suck donkey dick and all you corporate whore motherfuckers flaunting your paychecks can stick your heads right where they belong - up Satan's shit and puss filled ass!!!!!

Fuck you Metal Storm!

This is not over, I'm gonna sue your asses, I deserve some of that cash.
01.04.2010 - 02:15
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by jupitreas on 01.04.2010 at 02:12

Hey, what the fuck? Seriously? Why haven't I been consulted about any of this? I'm with this site since the beginning and now i don't get shit for my contributions?

Ivan can go suck donkey dick and all you corporate whore motherfuckers flaunting your paychecks can stick your heads right where they belong - up Satan's shit and puss filled ass!!!!!

Fuck you Metal Storm!

This is not over, I'm gonna sue your asses, I deserve some of that cash.

fuck you too, asshat. when was the last time you reviewed anything? just because you used to contribute doesn't mean you deserve shit. you got your cut of our $0 income last year. you want dinero, get to work.
----

01.04.2010 - 02:18
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by HyperDrifter on 01.04.2010 at 02:05

Written by Baz Anderson on 01.04.2010 at 00:09

Not according to the Metalstorm logo

yeah, that's coming up soon enough. gonna phase out the old icon with a new one. we kind decide which guitarist to use... depends which label provides us with the best offer.
----

Hits total: 13146 | This month: 16