Metal Storm logo
Extreme MetalStormers

Original post

Posted by Lucas, 30.07.2006 - 16:06
So, welcome to the thread.

Dream_of_Hate and I had the idea of creating a sort of 'club' of MetalStormers, who love extreme metal. Something like the 'Hampster Metal' group we have. You do not have to pay contribution (though you are allowed), you just have to like extreme metal and have space in your signature.

So, we still need the banner. Anyone interested in joining, and willing to help with creating the banner, your help is appreciated. You can post suggestions about how the banner is going to look like here. Also for questions and all other stuff, just ask.
03.08.2006 - 15:19
KryptoN
imperceptible
Written by Xtreme Jax on 03.08.2006 at 15:08

Im sure its absolutly great! ... If we could see it hehe

Paste this into your browser: http://ic3.deviantart.com/fs11/i/2006/215/0/8/BannerExtremeMSers_by_amathedragon.jpg

I think it's great! Definitely my favourite so far, good job.
03.08.2006 - 15:21
Stigmatized
Written by KryptoN on 03.08.2006 at 15:19

Written by Xtreme Jax on 03.08.2006 at 15:08

Im sure its absolutly great! ... If we could see it hehe

Paste this into your browser: http://ic3.deviantart.com/fs11/i/2006/215/0/8/BannerExtremeMSers_by_amathedragon.jpg

I think it's great! Definitely my favourite so far, good job.

Yeah, I like that one too. Now we have what.....4 to choose from? Only a few more days....
03.08.2006 - 15:27
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Thats a really good one Callette, great job!!

Getting a little hard to choose now with not long left, hopefuly we get some more
----

Hellcunt Smurf
03.08.2006 - 16:45
Callette
Account deleted
Sorry ... Maybe the picture didn't show because I had posted in scraps in my gallery. Does it show now..? But thanks about the comments!
03.08.2006 - 16:48
Stigmatized
Written by [user id=14676] on 03.08.2006 at 16:45

Sorry ... Maybe the picture didn't show because I had posted in scraps in my gallery. Does it show now..? But thanks about the comments!

It's showing now.
03.08.2006 - 18:49
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Thank's Callette! A few more days, and then the voting.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
04.08.2006 - 02:28
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I still don't see it...
04.08.2006 - 03:24
Stigmatized
Written by Dangerboner on 04.08.2006 at 02:28

I still don't see it...

Did you paste that URL KryptoN posted into your address bar?
04.08.2006 - 03:26
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
lol sorry, I was skimming through too fast I guess and I didn't see Krypton's post.

I think it looks the best so far, but it makes it seem that we are a black metal group instead of extreme metal in general.
04.08.2006 - 10:59
Callette
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 04.08.2006 at 03:26

lol sorry, I was skimming through too fast I guess and I didn't see Krypton's post.

I think it looks the best so far, but it makes it seem that we are a black metal group instead of extreme metal in general.

Yeah, I think you're right.. But I can remove the blackmetal-guy and place the text at the middle if you want.
04.08.2006 - 11:06
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
It would make it lok less like a BM banner... give it a try to see what it looks like. But its up to you
----

Hellcunt Smurf
04.08.2006 - 11:48
Callette
Account deleted
http://www.deviantart.com/view/37410575/
Hope the link works this time.. eh
04.08.2006 - 12:58
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
It works for me. Nice job!

I really like it.

Two more days.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
04.08.2006 - 13:47
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Works for me also.

Makes the banner seem more broad in term of what its representing.

How we going to vote for this? You's going to open up a poll thread from this?
----

Hellcunt Smurf
04.08.2006 - 17:35
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by [user id=14676] on 04.08.2006 at 11:48

Looks good, I'm in.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
04.08.2006 - 20:12
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by [user id=14676] on 04.08.2006 at 11:48

That looks sweet. You got my vote.
04.08.2006 - 20:13
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
About the voting, I think it is best doing it through PM. A thread will probably get locked before we collected all votes.

So, this is my idea:

Sunday the 6th there is the last day to contribute banners. Then I think it is best if someone posts all the collected banners in one posts, and name them. I do not exactly know how to post pictures, so if someone else volunteers to do that.

So then we are talking about monday. If you could then all send a PM to me saying something like this: I, Damnated join you and vote for the banner of Callette then it'll be alright. That's all we need. Then after a few days, when everyone had the chance to reply to me, I will collect all votes and give you the winner. Then you can all get that banner from this thread, put it in your signature and be a happy member of the Extreme Metalstormers Club.

When we have that finished, we can talk about how much contribution you pay, and stuff like that. [/joke]

That's ok with you, guys (and girls)?
----

04.08.2006 - 20:21
Stigmatized
Written by Lucas on 04.08.2006 at 20:13

About the voting, I think it is best doing it through PM. A thread will probably get locked before we collected all votes.

So, this is my idea:

Sunday the 6th there is the last day to contribute banners. Then I think it is best if someone posts all the collected banners in one posts, and name them. I do not exactly know how to post pictures, so if someone else volunteers to do that.

So then we are talking about monday. If you could then all send a PM to me saying something like this: I, Damnated join you and vote for the banner of Callette then it'll be alright. That's all we need. Then after a few days, when everyone had the chance to reply to me, I will collect all votes and give you the winner. Then you can all get that banner from this thread, put it in your signature and be a happy member of the Extreme Metalstormers Club.

When we have that finished, we can talk about how much contribution you pay, and stuff like that. [/joke]

That's ok with you, guys (and girls)?

Sounds good. Looking forward to this.
05.08.2006 - 01:18
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I think we should extend the deadline. I can pm a bunch of people that I know can make other banners so that we have more to choose from. Callette's is damn good though

I think I found a flaw in this group though. It seems that most of the people that post regularly on this forum like extreme metal. This means that too many people will be part of this group and everyone would have the same banner when you scroll down. The hamster metal thing worked because not everyone listens to prog.
05.08.2006 - 01:37
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Well, so far we do not have so many people joining. I didn't count, but with a 49 posts in this thread, with a lot of doubles too, I guess about 30 people. As that too much?

Hmm. I dunno about the deadline. So far I like the four all really much, so I don't nessecarily need more.. let's see what the other replies to this are..
----

05.08.2006 - 02:37
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by Lucas on 04.08.2006 at 20:13

Mind if I do it? I currently have the current nominees saved to my hard drive, and I am able to post them in a timely and orderly manner.
05.08.2006 - 02:41
Baz Anderson
Staff
ooh. how interesting. i havent been in the metalstormers forum in a while..
i do love death, black and thrash metal - but i would class myself as more of a traditional/power metaller
maybe someone could start one of them..?
05.08.2006 - 02:51
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Lucas on 05.08.2006 at 01:37

Well, so far we do not have so many people joining. I didn't count, but with a 49 posts in this thread, with a lot of doubles too, I guess about 30 people. As that too much?

Hmm. I dunno about the deadline. So far I like the four all really much, so I don't nessecarily need more.. let's see what the other replies to this are..

Not everyone looks in the metalstormers forum though. They will once they see all of the banners.
05.08.2006 - 13:03
Damnated
Churchburner
@Nervel I wont be here monday, so I'll send you a PM today or tomorrow
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
05.08.2006 - 13:27
dark awakening
Here I am! How could I miss this thread?
----
Baptized in a lake of acid tears...
05.08.2006 - 21:07
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
strange I didn't see this thread before. well, although I am "old" I do consider myzelf an extreme metal fan, favourite extreme genres of course being black, death, extreme doom, thrash. But also still like quite a few of the so-called non-extreme metal genres.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

05.08.2006 - 21:15
Stigmatized
Written by Dangerboner on 05.08.2006 at 01:18

I think I found a flaw in this group though. It seems that most of the people that post regularly on this forum like extreme metal. This means that too many people will be part of this group and everyone would have the same banner when you scroll down. The hamster metal thing worked because not everyone listens to prog.

I agree. There seem to be a lot of people. When I thought of this idea, I had specific people in mind. I'm glad everyone likes the idea but this is a major flaw. Is there any way to remedy this?
06.08.2006 - 01:16
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I have some ideas:

I think we should rename it. "Extreme Metalstormers" is too obvious and everyoune will know what it is. The Hamster Metal people had a name which didn't have anything to do with Prog. Hell, I didn't even know what it was until someone told me in the "My Farewell" thread. Then again, I'm sure people will eventually figure it out and everyone will have the same exact banner on this forum. We could have a banner with a random name, such as "Smurf Metal" and have it be the extreme metalstormer group.

Maybe we should get the help of a moderator. As a group, we can choose who is allowed to join and if we see someone with the banner that we either don't know or don't want in the group, we can have a mod make them get rid of it.

Or, maybe we should consolidate it. Instead of extreme metal in general, maybe we can only make it a death metal group or some other sub-genre. With a name like Extreme Metalstormers, we would get all of the black, death, thrash, grind etc. fans with that banner.
06.08.2006 - 01:22
Stigmatized
Written by Dangerboner on 06.08.2006 at 01:16

I have some ideas:

I think we should rename it. "Extreme Metalstormers" is too obvious and everyoune will know what it is. The Hamster Metal people had a name which didn't have anything to do with Prog. Hell, I didn't even know what it was until someone told me in the "My Farewell" thread. Then again, I'm sure people will eventually figure it out and everyone will have the same exact banner on this forum. We could have a banner with a random name, such as "Smurf Metal" and have it be the extreme metalstormer group.

Maybe we should get the help of a moderator. As a group, we can choose who is allowed to join and if we see someone with the banner that we either don't know or don't want in the group, we can have a mod make them get rid of it.

Or, maybe we should consolidate it. Instead of extreme metal in general, maybe we can only make it a death metal group or some other sub-genre. With a name like Extreme Metalstormers, we would get all of the black, death, thrash, grind etc. fans with that banner.

That's a good idea about the moderator. That may really help, but I don't want to be turning people away.....that's just mean. I don't what to do....
06.08.2006 - 02:27
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
How does this thing work anyway? Do we have our own thread for only us members to discuss extreme metal? There is already an extreme metal forum though so I'm confused...