Metal Storm logo
MetalStorm.ee - Switches To MetalStorm.net

NOTE: This was posted on April Fools day 2010. Although the contents of this news are not entirely true, the .net part entirely is! A real explanation to what has happened can be found here:

http://www.metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=10756

--

Yup, it finally happened. The underground MetalStorm.ee switched to mainstream as fuck MetalStorm.net.

If you think "holy moly, this means the dawn of a new era," well, congratulations, you discovered the pizza truck with a giant satellite dish right in front of your window. It's been camping there for years, but whatever.

The truth is we started selling out years ago - when we turned the zine into a serious corporate business. That's right, it's all political nowadays. We've been accepting money - good money actually - to make bands like Atreyu, Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet For My Valentine and the likes, visible bands on MS for years now.

After the whole Executive management (what you know as the Staff) and the shareholders (aka the Elite team) got a company car as a New Year's bonus (a pitch-black BMW Z4 E85 - aw yeah, we're those kind of guys), we think it's time to show our true colors - or better yet, untrue colors - and switch to MetalStorm.net.

Not joking around this time.

Of course, somewhere deep in your rotten heart, you all wanted this too. Just look at those Band Suggestions you guys are making. The thing is filled with metalcore/deathcore/crapcore bands, scene shit and even Linkin Park. Good going!

So thanks a bunch for those suggestions! We'll think of you next time we pay a speeding ticket (those BWM's are not made to ride by the speeding rules, or what did you think?) with the money we got from In This Moment, The Devil Wears Prada, Bring Me The Horizon and Oceano to make them a visible band, appearing in the news, reviews and interviews all the time... No, that was an April's Fool's joke... we won't be thinking of you.

We announce this news on April 1st because it perfectly fits our long-term strategy in deceiving you. Hell, in the past years we - intentionally - fed you crap like Disco Storm, Blakk Metul Storm, Flower Storm and whatnot, just to make sure you wouldn't believe this conspiracy theory. That's right, we want you to reject belief in this conspiracy. Because this time, it's all true, MetalStorm.net IS happening.

Around MS Corporation, we tell you what to believe and what not - we always have.

No, seriously, we're not messing around, MetalStorm.net is a fact.

Sincerely yours,

Thryce - Senior vice president of development and public affairs

in coordination with Ivan - Chief Executive Officer

PS: Nope, we're still not adding Dethklok. What are those cartoon characters gonna pay with? Monopoly money?

Source: metalstorm.net
Posted: 01.04.2010 by Thryce

Comments page 2 / 5

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 127   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 425 users
01.04.2010 - 02:22
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Wtf? WTF WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK?
Yeah I know, I'm the newest staff of the bunch, but WHY WASN4T I CONSULTED ABOUT THIS FUCKING SHIT ? Hey, I do my job too!
So, mr Asshole, gimme my money or I'll help Jupi with his lawsuit. Given what I know of some of your dealings, YOU'D BETTER PAY ME QUICKLY!!!
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
01.04.2010 - 02:43
Nosurper
Stinky Lips
You guys are fucking awesome
----
01.04.2010 - 02:44
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Fuck. After 5 fucking Aprils on MS you finally got me here. Or the .net thing is for real??? I dont understand which part is joke or its all joke, or... Damn!
----
01.04.2010 - 02:45
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Well I'm sure all of you knew it was coming, as I've been pushing for more and more pop metal bands all these years... ! And I'll be taking all the coin I just got from a certain band and pissing it all away tonight on alcohol in celebration of finally becoming financially independent! !
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
01.04.2010 - 02:56
Jiri
Fuck everybody! I hate you all! FUCK!!!
01.04.2010 - 03:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hey how about use incomes usefull...buy me a drink
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.04.2010 - 03:01
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Stalker on 01.04.2010 at 02:44

Or the .net thing is for real???

Meh, whether it's real or not (though, it is real now), I already hate to log in every time I decide to visit this place...
01.04.2010 - 03:15
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
Written by Darkside Momo on 01.04.2010 at 02:22

Yeah I know, I'm the newest staff of the bunch, but WHY WASN4T I CONSULTED ABOUT THIS FUCKING SHIT ? Hey, I do my job too!
So, mr Asshole, gimme my money or I'll help Jupi with his lawsuit. Given what I know of some of your dealings, YOU'D BETTER PAY ME QUICKLY!!!

Yeah, exactly!!! I also know a few ugly secrets, or did you money-hungry cocksuckers forget about the sheep bladder incident?
01.04.2010 - 03:19
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Written by jupitreas on 01.04.2010 at 03:15

Written by Darkside Momo on 01.04.2010 at 02:22

Yeah, exactly!!! I also know a few ugly secrets, or did you money-hungry cocksuckers forget about the sheep bladder incident?

I do remember that one too.

Hey, for you fucking Scrooges all: I give you 8 hours to put the money on my bank account (you know the one). Or else Jupi and I will start the lawsuit and stuff
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
01.04.2010 - 03:21
MetalSpider
So...can I buy some stock of this mighty corporation!?
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
01.04.2010 - 03:30
skrätte
I Hate You
We didn't sell out. We bought in.

DETHKLOK FOR PRESIDENT.
----
01.04.2010 - 03:33
Dominus
The Shooter
01.04.2010 - 03:44
tulkas
el parcero
Oh, I hadn't seen this thread. Not logging on so often now is really holding me back...
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
01.04.2010 - 03:45
Baz Anderson
Staff
Haha, the logo will be updated shortly.
I'm going to go sleep in my bed stuffed with loadsamoney right now.

Just get your cookies created for the .net and you should all be fine.
01.04.2010 - 04:23
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by jupitreas on 01.04.2010 at 02:12

This is not over, I'm gonna sue your asses, I deserve some of that cash.

Oh but it is so over for you. See you in court, pal.
Written by Darkside Momo on 01.04.2010 at 03:19

Or else Jupi and I will start the lawsuit and stuff

Bring it fucking on.

Thryce
Senior vice president of development and public affairs
----
Your favorite band sucks.
01.04.2010 - 04:26
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
The notion of lawsuits is just hilarious. how are you yokels going to compete with MSInc's high priced legal team?

maybe you tr00-necro folks can reanimate the corpse of Johnnie "If the glove does not fit, you must acquit" Cochrane of the OJ trial fame...

maybe he'll do it Pro-Bone-o. lol.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
01.04.2010 - 04:57
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
If you guys ever got into some sort of court thing over anything, I'd love to be there just for the sheer entertainment value of it all...
01.04.2010 - 05:30
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Damn so much fallatio, so little time!
01.04.2010 - 06:33
Opethian
They have Metal here on MetalStorm ?? HAHAHHAHAHAHA
01.04.2010 - 07:56
BudDa
Elite
Hahaha. I have just died..lmao

..and of all those...Blakk Metul Storm was my favorite..
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
01.04.2010 - 08:53
Sepulchre
Lord Hypnos
Hmm... I was wondering y so many shit bands were being added to metalstorm lately... this exlplains a lot...
01.04.2010 - 09:30
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Haha

.. wait.. what
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
01.04.2010 - 09:33
Metal4life87
Are you serious? This can not be for real. lol. haha. If this is real, then, shit!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????
01.04.2010 - 10:10
Øyvind
Grave Digger
I had to log in. I had to type my password in. I want compensation for pain and suffering.
----
01.04.2010 - 10:31
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Thryce on 01.04.2010 at 04:23

Written by jupitreas on 01.04.2010 at 02:12

This is not over, I'm gonna sue your asses, I deserve some of that cash.

Oh but it is so over for you. See you in court, pal.
Written by Darkside Momo on 01.04.2010 at 03:19

Or else Jupi and I will start the lawsuit and stuff

Bring it fucking on.

Fuck you. I had to fucking degrade myself to get where I am today. As soon as I figure out the whole over-seas diplomacy shit I'm suing Jeff for sexual harassment and statutory rape. The shit I had to perform in front of the webcam for you fuckers just to get that Dee Snider interview was not fucking worth it.

Go ahead, sell out. More money for me and my attorney to take in the court.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
01.04.2010 - 10:40
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Oh, and Thryce, why don't you explain to all these joe-blow common users about the discontinuation of free accounts? As I believe it was your fucking idea.

Metalstorm is dead. Oh well, all things come to an end.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
01.04.2010 - 10:55
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Oh yeah, that's what we need, more metalcore and deathcore, who wants to listen to that tr00 black metüll when you can listen to more super special awesome shit! Metal, hahaha, don't make me laugh, who wants to be like this

when you can be like this!

That's br00tal!!!
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
01.04.2010 - 11:34
saiki
Look at the D-A-T-E!
01.04.2010 - 12:09
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by Doc G. on 01.04.2010 at 10:40

Oh, and Thryce, why don't you explain to all these joe-blow common users about the discontinuation of free accounts? As I believe it was your fucking idea.

Good you mentioned this, now if you want to sue us, we can sue you back for spreading insider information. Still want to bring it on? When our 400$/hour lawyer's done with his preparations to crush Jupitreas in court he can start working on your case.

Bas
Senior Business Development Manager
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
01.04.2010 - 12:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Ok ee is for Estonia, es Spain, pl Poland, but in what cases there .net
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 13145 | This month: 15